Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2011, 12:39   #16
Team-BHP Support

re: Restoring Maruti 800 SS80 (1985 model)

Congratz and looking good! Been a while but really worth the wait. Now get a good set of tyres and replace that number plate with high security one
Old 12th May 2011, 12:53   #17
BHPian

Jaggu Sir,

Have ordered for IND plate and will soon replace the tyres.

Thanks,
Saleem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Congratz and looking good! Been a while but really worth the wait. Now get a good set of tyres and replace that number plate with high security one
Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
Congrats on your restoration, it is very nice. These cars were certainly better than the current ones, have a nice and safe drive
Sir,

I totally agree with you the performance ss80 gives i have hardly seen in any range of 800 or zen.

Thanks,
Saleem

Last edited by Jaggu : 12th May 2011 at 12:56. Reason: Back to back posts, please use Multi Quote (Quite+) instead. Thanks
Old 12th May 2011, 18:16   #18
BHPian

Thumbs up. The car has come up very neat. Congrats on the prized possession. Is it a DX model or Std one? Keep posting. Please clarify about your different exhaust pipe. Is it a custom made entirely ? or only the tile pipe is custom made? And one more thing. Did you change the wind shield glasses or got it polished?

Last edited by bablue : 12th May 2011 at 18:19.
Old 12th May 2011, 18:36   #19
Senior - BHPian

The car has come out well Beetle boy! Congrats, just a few point from my side:

>The roof lining is not perfectly installed,and the rubber surround is missing.

>I saw seatbelts in your pre resto pix, why were they removed after the resto?

> Please change the rear Badges to the original type. There is a single MARUTI SUXUKI badge right below the rear windshield, and a large 800 badge on the center piece, to the left side. There are also 2 silver strips, with a black border on the two creases between the tail lights!

> Sunvisors, do you have them? If not get them from the first gen Maruti Van(not omni)
Old 13th May 2011, 11:11   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
The car has come out well Beetle boy! Congrats, just a few point from my side:

>The roof lining is not perfectly installed,and the rubber surround is missing.

>I saw seatbelts in your pre resto pix, why were they removed after the resto?

> Please change the rear Badges to the original type. There is a single MARUTI SUXUKI badge right below the rear windshield, and a large 800 badge on the center piece, to the left side. There are also 2 silver strips, with a black border on the two creases between the tail lights!

> Sunvisors, do you have them? If not get them from the first gen Maruti Van(not omni)
Thank you JayD and Bablue.

@ JayD :Roof lining still bit of work is pending and the borders have not come proper will fix this weekend. Coming to roof rubber lining beading i dont have please help me not available in bangalore (New nor Old).

Seat belts were jamed looking out for seconds will have them soon. Didnt do stickering work still, will have that once when my number plates go on.

Need Suggestion: Shall I go for small IND number plates or shall I have the same Alluminium plates which are currenltly on my car i hope those are the orignal one made out of alluminium which are embosed.

Sunvisors I have original ones which were in the car, need to cover those with the matching roof color and fix them.

@Bablue this is a standard model as there is no AC and tinted classes but when i bought this car there was a watch hole in the dashboard and I sourced a local quartz make and fixed which you can in my pics.

Exhaust pipe is totall custom made(Sports Sound) and you should hear the sound to beleave it and pick up I am able to do wheeling however mileage has droped its giving me 18km per lt.

Reason for changing the exhaust pipe: Current one in car had so many holes, somke was confused where to come out from. Sourced very hard in the gujri little better than mine with welding job done was quoted Rs 1500 so planned to do custom made for as of now for Rs 2000 which i felt is better. Down the lane will source a good one and replace.

Need clarity : I have sourced orginal AC assemble in gujri (Removed from other car)in bangalore in running condition which he is quoting Rs 5000 is this a reasonable price and can i go ahead with the fitting, will this not have any other problems as it come as company fitting in my car.

Thanks,
Saleem
Old 13th May 2011, 14:29   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetle_boy View Post
Need clarity : I have sourced orginal AC assemble in gujri (Removed from other car)in bangalore in running condition which he is quoting Rs 5000 is this a reasonable price and can i go ahead with the fitting, will this not have any other problems as it come as company fitting in my car.

Thanks,
Saleem
Saleem,
Awesome restoration job, Congratulations.
What are the list of components included in the quote for AC assembly?
-Ilango
Old 13th May 2011, 15:15   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilangop View Post
Saleem,
Awesome restoration job, Congratulations.
What are the list of components included in the quote for AC assembly?
-Ilango
Thank you Ilangop

Its the entire assembly he is going to give me i just need to on the ac and enjoy along with the fittings. Filling Ac gas apart.

Thanks,
Saleem
Old 13th May 2011, 16:13   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetle_boy View Post
Thank you Ilangop

Its the entire assembly he is going to give me i just need to on the ac and enjoy along with the fittings. Filling Ac gas apart.

Thanks,
Saleem
Then this seems a good deal. Keep aside abour 1.5K for fitment and gas filling. Did your car already have an AC setup? Else you will also have to get the solenoid helps open a diaphragm actuator to increase idle speed while the compressor is switched on. As well equip the carb to react to this diaphragm.
Old 13th May 2011, 16:23   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilangop View Post
Then this seems a good deal. Keep aside abour 1.5K for fitment and gas filling. Did your car already have an AC setup? Else you will also have to get the solenoid helps open a diaphragm actuator to increase idle speed while the compressor is switched on. As well equip the carb to react to this diaphragm.
I dont think my vehicle had a ac before. Can you just brief about the solenoid so that i can be aware of this and take proper care while fitting. Will the person fitting the Ac will have the idea to increase the idle speed while the compressor is switched on or how is it?

Thanks,
Saleem
Old 14th May 2011, 09:05   #25
BHPian

Let me look for a close up view of the same some where in the net.
Till then you could have an idea from this post.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2325591
http://www.marutiserbia.com/download..._Alto_MKII.pdf
Old 27th January 2014, 14:54   #26

Dear beetle boy;
Compliments of the day!

Congratulations on the restoration job, I am curious about one thing that you mentioned in your very first post i.e. the start of this thread; you mentioned about replacing the front shock-absorber plates.
Did you find the replacement parts?
If yes, can you please provide me the details of the source?

Best regards
Arshjeet Singh.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 27th January 2014 at 14:56. Reason: removed FONT tags
Old 27th January 2014, 17:30   #27
BHPian

Hey Beetle_boy,
Congratulations,the output has come out really nice.Brilliant attention to details and good finishing starting from paint job to interior work.Good job.
Old 19th August 2014, 16:25   #28
BHPian

Good restoration Beetle_boy, really loved the way your SS80 is restored. Wish I could meet you with your beauty during my next bangalore visit.

And here is my SS80 restoration,
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ift-dad-4.html
Old 5th February 2016, 13:10   #29
BHPian

Hi All,

Planning for new shoes for my SS80, intension to have mag wheels as well any suggestions would be helpful.

Guidance on 12" or 13"
Tyre size and brand

Thanks in Advance
Saleem
Old 5th February 2016, 14:24   #30
BHPian

Re: Restoring Maruti 800 SS80 (1985 model)

Hi Saleem
Recently i changed the tyres.
Apollo 155/65/R12, its very good , costed Rs 10,500 including allignment & balancing. Handling is too good, & increase of 10 Mm from standard is not causing any difficulty in handling or any other problem.
I searched for good year but did not get as the std. size in most of the shops are 145/65/R12.

Can you please help me sourcing "Front Grill" (where maruti 800 logo is there , the streight line ones, i want to change my Honey comb model to the old one).

Ananth
Attached Thumbnails
Restoring Maruti 800 SS80 (1985 model)-4.jpg  

Restoring Maruti 800 SS80 (1985 model)-dsc01016.jpg  

Restoring Maruti 800 SS80 (1985 model)-5.jpg  

Last edited by Ananth_shukti : 5th February 2016 at 14:26. Reason: adding picture
Ananth_shukti is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks