Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2005, 16:15   #1

Santro to LPG

I own a 2002 Santro LP and am tired of spending huge sums each month on petrol. I have started to get a very bad average recently around 10 kmpl no matter where I drive, city or highway!! An the service stations couldnt do anything good to it.

Anyone faced a similar problem? What could possibly be an issue?

The only option out seems to be to convert to legal Auto LPG.

Couple of q's:
Anyone on this forum from pune converted a Santro to LPG?
Did you have any issues on conversion? What was the approx cost? Any good mechanic in Pune who does a good work on this?

Also if your car is on loan can you get it converted to Auto Lpg?

TIA!
Danny

Last edited by dannyxbox : 27th October 2005 at 16:35.
Old 27th October 2005, 23:30   #2
Senior - BHPian

mate, whts ur odometer reading?
have u skipped teh routine services?
do u ride 1500-2000 in a month?

i had a 99 santro (dx model), it gave me even 14.5+ with ac on long runs with 1lac plus on odo. i sold teh car and got a new santro coz i liked my old one.

i donno abt LPG kits, but i am sure its widely available.
u can sell/exchange ur old car for a new indica( in case u drive 1500-2000 a month) ...i would have done it

lets c what others say
Old 28th October 2005, 10:19   #3
BANNED

Hey Danny,

Even I (actually my wifes car) use a Santro Xing which used to give about 8-8.5kmpl in city with ac always on. The car is approx 20 months old adn has done 15,000kms approx. No services missed.

I installed a K&N Conical filter with a custom intake, changed to Bosch 4 point plugs, MSD 8.5mm Plug wires and Mobil 1 oil six months ago. The results are superb. FE is up to around 9.5kmpl and performance is up by aprox 10-12%(cannot measure how much) but the best part is the diff is day and night diff.

Th epeople at Hyundai say that all Santro's give around 8-8.5kmpl only in traffic conditions. I would not suggest any king of gas conversion to the santro.

Viper

PS - I get a FE of 12 on the highway averaging 120kmpl and used to get 10 before the changes/mods. If you drop the speed to below 90 the FE goes up by around 2-3kmpl.(I have personally seen this)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks