Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2016, 16:32   #331
BHPian

Re: The Hella Experience - 500 FF

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
from the looks of this, and the drawings that you have shared, it can be tricky. You will need a way to mount these using the mounting socket. If you use a mounting bracket, then where will you fix this bracket to ?

Also, the lamp is about 16cm long. Will be best to keep it inside and not completely protruding outside). If you want to do this, then you will need almost 20 cm of depth to mount it.
Yes, the length is definitely a concern. I was hoping that I could keep the front half (with the black plastic surround) poking out. That would mean that the remaining ~3.7" will need to be accommodated behind it. The ideal location would be the grill, but that'd mean cutting into it, which is definitely not something I want to do.

I think I'll have to go to a hella dealer and check out these lights in person and talk about different options for installation. Sigh.
Old 4th March 2016, 17:12   #332
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
I was hoping that I could keep the front half (with the black plastic surround) poking out.
Where possible, I would like to avoid anything protruding out.

And agree on the grille part, but do give it a shot even if it means cutting the grille.
Else, remove the fog lamps and try to use that slot. The fog lamps have a spread beam. Unless you drive regularly in foggy conditions, why not take those out and put these in there ?

Rather than the dealer, how about a local garage ?
Old 5th March 2016, 14:25   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Where possible, I would like to avoid anything protruding out.

And agree on the grille part, but do give it a shot even if it means cutting the grille.
Else, remove the fog lamps and try to use that slot. The fog lamps have a spread beam. Unless you drive regularly in foggy conditions, why not take those out and put these in there ?

Rather than the dealer, how about a local garage ?
I've adjusted the foglamps to point slightly upwards from the factory default position. In this position, they make a *very* meaningful contribution to the light output, both to the straight ahead position and off to the sides. They are 55W H11 units with a decent light pattern, not some puny 35W ones
Old 5th March 2016, 15:08   #334
Distinguished - BHPian

Unfortunately and by intention of design of the reflector of the fog lamps, the beam is a spread beam. By pointing the lamps upwards, the fog lamps will only add to the glare of the oncoming driver - especially with the higher power bulbs

Last edited by condor : 5th March 2016 at 15:09.
Old 31st March 2016, 19:35   #335
Senior - BHPian

One of my 500FF is broken now, thanks to Bangalore traffic. Is there a way I can purchase just one?( instead of the set?)
Old 31st March 2016, 21:19   #336
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
One of my 500FF is broken now, thanks to Bangalore traffic. Is there a way I can purchase just one?( instead of the set?)
The lamps come as a pair. You will need to look out for someone in a similar situation ..
Old 31st March 2016, 23:01   #337
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The lamps come as a pair. You will need to look out for someone in a similar situation ..
Any one here with the same situation and willing to join me?
Now I realize the drawback of buying this one over the others which come as single items!!
Old 4th April 2016, 16:50   #338
BHPian

Can anybody out there help me in procuring an MGA Fog lamp kit for the Alto. All the dealers here are no longer stocking this part and the after market fog lamps are of very bad quality.
Old 4th April 2016, 17:07   #339
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techiecal View Post
Can anybody out there help me in procuring an MGA Fog lamp kit for the Alto. All the dealers here are no longer stocking this part and the after market fog lamps are of very bad quality.
You have two options
1. Ask your service advisor to order a pair for you from Maruti if they don't have stock. May take 10-12 days for your item to arrive
2. There are third party MGP stockists. You can find one near to you @http://www.mgp.co.in. locate one and buy/order from them.
Old 14th April 2016, 15:40   #340
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
I purchased a new set of 500FF to realize that I was using a comet 500 earlier. I didn't verify what I picked up from store last time.

Comet 500 was a spot beam, where as 500FF is a wide/driving beam pattern with a very good cut off. Alignment is similar to what I had earlier. Now some photos

1. Only Hella
The Hella Experience - 500 FF-dsc_0177.jpg

2. Only low beam
The Hella Experience - 500 FF-dsc_0178.jpg

3. Low and Hella
The Hella Experience - 500 FF-dsc_0182.jpg

4. Day time shot
The Hella Experience - 500 FF-dsc_0195.jpg
arjithin is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th April 2016, 21:14   #341
SBR
BHPian

How much do the Hella Rallye 500 FF cost now in Bangalore?

Any suggested places where I can get a good bargain and also have them installed on my Ritz.

Advise
Old 16th May 2016, 22:56   #342
Senior - BHPian

how is the 700FF vs the 500FF. I like the bigger look, but is the light worth the extra price?
Old 24th May 2016, 20:29   #343
BHPian

Here i have a suggestion. I had been using comet 500 on my safari for very long. The stock throw from existing lamps were not adequate which forced for Hella's. But then no significant change experienced even after i replaced stock bulbs with Nightbreakers, Philips, 110 W etc. Finally, i replaced the stock bulb with HID kits and blinggg !! They do the job. I did additional glowup with the use of two LED cree bars(spot+beam). The result is phenomenal! I will post some pics later coz car away at home. Suggestion : Do try LED cree bars.
his-xc-lnc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2017, 13:49   #344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by his-xc-lnc View Post
Here i have a suggestion. I had been using comet 500 on my safari for very long. The stock throw from existing lamps were not adequate which forced for Hella's. But then no significant change experienced even after i replaced stock bulbs with Nightbreakers, Philips, 110 W etc. Finally, i replaced the stock bulb with HID kits and blinggg !! They do the job. I did additional glowup with the use of two LED cree bars(spot+beam). The result is phenomenal! I will post some pics later coz car away at home. Suggestion : Do try LED cree bars.
Would like to see some pictures of the set up.
Also if possible please share with and without Cree LED lights.
Old 6th September 2017, 09:31   #345
BHPian

I just purchased the Hella 700FF and wanted to get it fixed on my Mahindra Xylo.

I looked through the Team-BHP directory and found the Konark auto shop in Bangalore.

I wanted to fix the aux lights on my bumper however he advised against it stating that there would be a lot of vibration. It makes sense and I am grateful for his advice. I did not think of the vibrations.

He suggested a nearby garage(his contact) and told me to get a clamp fabricated there. His quote is 2500-3000 rupees for the clamp and fitting and installation charges extra.

Going through this thread and several others, I feel his quote is exorbitant.

Please advise.

If someone knows a garage in Bangalore where I can get this done, please give me the details.

Best,
Prashant

Last edited by Paradiddle : 6th September 2017 at 09:52.

Most Viewed