Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2010, 19:39   #1
BHPian

Hella H4 @ Chevy Spark (from EVO)

Hope this is the correct sub-forum to post this - if not, plz MOD it.

Last night while coming back from work, i was very disappionted with the current STOCK headlamps (philips 65w). Today morning, i decided to get them replaced. Now since i didnt want a state-of-the-art setup - Satya suggested to go for Hella H4 (for headlights)

Once again a neat & tidy job done.

Price = 1100 (including installation)

Some installation pics
1. Hella H4
2. Seperate Relay (stock relay not used)
3. All cleaned up

H4 will be tested tonight and results uploaded tonight / tomorrow

PS: How do you write the description under each photo ???
Attached Thumbnails
Hella H4 @ Chevy Spark (from EVO)-hella-h4.jpg  

Hella H4 @ Chevy Spark (from EVO)-hella-installation.jpg  

Hella H4 @ Chevy Spark (from EVO)-hella-intallation-2.jpg  

Last edited by quadra : 10th June 2010 at 19:41.
quadra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2010, 22:01   #2
Senior - BHPian

Cool so which was the relay that was used? were ceramic holders used along with the relay? what is the wattage for these hella h4?
Old 10th June 2010, 22:13   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadra View Post
PS: How do you write the description under each photo ???

It's quite easy.
See this link

After choosing your attachments from the 'Manage Attachments' icon, simply add a description underneath the relevant attachment.
Hope this helps.
Old 10th June 2010, 23:12   #4
BHPian

Quote:

Price = 1100 (including installation)
Does the price include the relay and wiring kit too ? and where did you buy them from ? I have put Philips H4s to my alto with a relay( don't know which brand ) from JC road and after market wiring kit and the whole setup including installation cost me 1000 bucks.
Old 10th June 2010, 23:22   #5
Senior - BHPian

prguru, were these phillips xtreme power?
Old 10th June 2010, 23:33   #6
BHPian

No, I think it is Rally series. Took a look at the box just now, it just says Philips Rally Halogen headlamp and it is 100/90W.
Old 11th June 2010, 01:11   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Cool so which was the relay that was used? were ceramic holders used along with the relay? what is the wattage for these hella h4?
Not 100% sure on that. I will check with Satya and update you.
its 95w

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman9393 View Post

It's quite easy.
See this link

After choosing your attachments from the 'Manage Attachments' icon, simply add a description underneath the relevant attachment.
Hope this helps.
ooops got it now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prguru View Post
Does the price include the relay and wiring kit too ? and where did you buy them from ? I have put Philips H4s to my alto with a relay( don't know which brand ) from JC road and after market wiring kit and the whole setup including installation cost me 1000 bucks.
1100 include bulbs + wiring + installaiton.
Bought it from EVO (satya)
I am too not sure which brand is the relay, will check with satya / peep into the bonnet.
Are you in blr ?? maybe we can run a side-by-side comparison for others to se and compare before buying.

H4
Was desperately waiting for sun to go down and test those hella's. Came out of the office with only parking lights on + the fogs. Wanted to see the difference out in the open.

Went ahead for few meters - switched on the main headlight & waaaaoooo the difference was amazing. As satya mentioned around 20-30% change would be there and exactly thats what it was. Picked up my jaw and went ahead few kms on the ORR and it was indeed very good. Much much much much better than the stock HL.

As promised, i was looking for dark street (no street lights) and guess what, didnt knew india ne itni tarakki karli (india has made so much progress) that every street has a street lamp. So couldnt really found any street to click a pic for you guys. Its still on my priority list btw, so will upload the pics asap.

Cheers

PS: Forgot to mention, i am yet to test the HIGH BEAM

Last edited by quadra : 11th June 2010 at 01:13.
Old 11th June 2010, 09:14   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not 100% sure on that. I will check with Satya and update you.
its 95w

ooops got it now.

1100 include bulbs + wiring + installaiton.
Bought it from EVO (satya)
I am too not sure which brand is the relay, will check with satya / peep into the bonnet.
Are you in blr ?? maybe we can run a side-by-side comparison for others to se and compare before buying.

H4
Was desperately waiting for sun to go down and test those hella's. Came out of the office with only parking lights on + the fogs. Wanted to see the difference out in the open.

Went ahead for few meters - switched on the main headlight & waaaaoooo the difference was amazing. As satya mentioned around 20-30% change would be there and exactly thats what it was. Picked up my jaw and went ahead few kms on the ORR and it was indeed very good. Much much much much better than the stock HL.

As promised, i was looking for dark street (no street lights) and guess what, didnt knew india ne itni tarakki karli (india has made so much progress) that every street has a street lamp. So couldnt really found any street to click a pic for you guys. Its still on my priority list btw, so will upload the pics asap.

Cheers

PS: Forgot to mention, i am yet to test the HIGH BEAM
I would really be intrested in knowing the brand for the relay as I also have upgraded my zen lights but not too satisfied as of now. I got two diff brand lamps 1 from Narva & 2nd from Philips.

We should probably catch up and see a comparison. Where is your office?
Old 11th June 2010, 10:33   #9
BHPian

Could you please let me know where you did the installation and all? Rs1100 is a cool price

Please let me know the contact number of the guy who does that. I also am looking to upgrade from the current STOCK headlamps for my WagonR.

Thanks

Sanjeev
Old 11th June 2010, 11:02   #10
BHPian

I have been using Philips 100/130 H4 from past one year without any issues and the brightness of the headlight is very very good. I used Hella Wiring Kit and Ceramic Holders.

Costed me around 1200 a year back.
Old 11th June 2010, 14:29   #11
BHPian

Quote:

Lol, come to my city, and you'll find N number of roads ( including the old G.T.Road, which goes thru city, now has bypass) where your headlights would the only thing helping you with driving.

offtopic: Its been like 10+ years since I am trying to get a sodium/street lights for my colony(atleast my Lane) but the guys in municipal corp. says its out of stock and the street light work only for 3 days a year during some local festival.
We residents even got ready to do money pool and buy 2-3 lights but these Sarkari guys don't let you install your own equipment on their non-working lights.
Old 12th June 2010, 00:25   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Yes I am in bangalore, well your idea is good but I know your setup will definitely be better. This is because I have an Alto Type II which does not have multi reflector headlamp so some amount of light is lost, but am satisfied with it. If you still want to compare please do PM me and we will take it further

Since you have done the setup in your Sparky won't it void your warranty of 3 years?
Old 12th June 2010, 00:35   #13
BHPian

Same ones done on my i20 as well. And by Satya itself.

Great and clean job! I'm just enjoying the lights in the night.
Old 14th June 2010, 15:26   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
I would really be intrested in knowing the brand for the relay as I also have upgraded my zen lights but not too satisfied as of now. I got two diff brand lamps 1 from Narva & 2nd from Philips.

We should probably catch up and see a comparison. Where is your office?
I will check it today / tomorrow for sure. Was out of town for the weekend.

will PM you the details

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanju.iitm View Post
Could you please let me know where you did the installation and all? Rs1100 is a cool price

Please let me know the contact number of the guy who does that. I also am looking to upgrade from the current STOCK headlamps for my WagonR.

Thanks

Sanjeev
Sanjeev - I got this done from EVO, you can search the member name EVO / blueraven. They are based indiranagar, parallel to sai baba temple road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpk View Post
Lol, come to my city, and you'll find N number of roads ( including the old G.T.Road, which goes thru city, now has bypass) where your headlights would the only thing helping you with driving.

offtopic: Its been like 10+ years since I am trying to get a sodium/street lights for my colony(atleast my Lane) but the guys in municipal corp. says its out of stock and the street light work only for 3 days a year during some local festival.
We residents even got ready to do money pool and buy 2-3 lights but these Sarkari guys don't let you install your own equipment on their non-working lights.
will drop by some day maybe

Quote:
Yes I am in bangalore, well your idea is good but I know your setup will definitely be better. This is because I have an Alto Type II which does not have multi reflector headlamp so some amount of light is lost, but am satisfied with it. If you still want to compare please do PM me and we will take it further
Oh ok, in that case its no point doing a comparison.

Quote:
Since you have done the setup in your Sparky won't it void your warranty of 3 years?
I really dont care actually (as of now ). Also, i can change back to stock headlamps anytime i like. The stock wires are still there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsaLove View Post
Same ones done on my i20 as well. And by Satya itself.

Great and clean job! I'm just enjoying the lights in the night.
Perfecto - maybe we can do a comparison as both cars have clear lens type headlight.

So you have the exact setup ?? with realy ?? Do you remember the relay model ??
Old 16th June 2010, 13:06   #15
BHPian

Update - I am not able to find the relay anywhere, looks like its hidden behind the front bumper maybe. Any other advice ??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks