Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2010, 22:46   #31
Senior - BHPian

Condor, he asked about the authenticity of the film at Reliance and my reply was directed at that.

Speeding, amazing to know that the MD has stepped in and I somehow feel that things will go fine but I suggest you request him to undertake re-installation (if they agree) at their Rajendra Place outlet and not Reliance. Please remember that Sunfilms are to be applied in adequate light conditions, preferably broad day-light and should not be installed on rainy days and immediately post-rainfall.
Old 17th June 2010, 17:08   #32
BHPian

Got email from CEO (Automobile) Reliance Retail Mr. Arun Dey - assuring me of action on my concerns. He is sending the AZ Manager + VKool Regional manager to my factory tomorrow.

Will update tomorrow.
Old 18th June 2010, 14:01   #33
BHPian

VKool+AZ Managers came to the factory in the morning. VK guy was shocked to see how poor the installation was and confirmed the ENTIRE set will be changed within 2 minutes of starting the review!

AZ guy confirmed that Reliance will pay for the mirror AND wooden panel part change (not repair) + shampoo clean the interiors after all work is done. Appointment confirmed for Monday at Audi workshop. He further proceeded to apologize for the incident and offered discounts + preferential treatment for whenever I return. I told him that I will not be taking his offer and will not be recommending this place to anybody I know.

Reliance guy left and VKool offered to have the film done at the Audi workshop itself since they considered it best that the sensors/electronics (doors/mirrors/rear light) be handled by the authorized people itself. Gentleman further went on to say that the Installers (VKool employees) were at fault but the AZ management should have been more thorough in checking their complete work process rather than just the final results as the installation was wrong from the get-go itself.

Its great that the Management from both companies took the right course of action here - even though it was AFTER I got in touch with the MD of VKool and CEO of Reliance Retail. I would still not recommend Reliance Autozone - The managers are simply that - Managers. They have NO TECHNICAL EXPERIENCE - which is what the problem was here. Installers tried to quickly wrap up and in their hurry, completely messed up my car.

While it feels awesome that these problems will be completely changed - my bad luck run continues - A kid on a bike (no helmet) rammed into my car from the left. He was taking a right from the extreme left of a 4 lane road!!! I was in the left most lane and about to turn when he just came out of nowhere and BAM! I got out to see the kid fallen on the road begging for forgiveness. As tempted as I was to knock his lights out, I didn't. Bumper is dented at top, cut at bottom - scratches under the light but atleast it didn't break!

Too bad I can't write a letter to the Commissioner of Police (Traffic) & Driver's License Authority, abusing them for being unable to get our citizens to drive properly and being too lax in their License issuing procedures - then get them to pay the bill for the bumper repair! Now THAT would be a feat worth bragging about!

Last edited by Speeding@160mph : 18th June 2010 at 14:04.
Old 18th June 2010, 16:19   #34
BHPian

I'm glad that your case got fast tracked & you got befitting solution in a reasonable amount of time. VKool have proved themselves here & I urge you to BE at the workshop during installation & whenever you need anything done on the car by unknown people .If you think you are hard pressed for time, leave your car at shops like GYRO, who strive for excellence in workmanship. They returned my car the way it was, with everything intact & the sunfilm applied.
Old 18th June 2010, 21:20   #35
Senior - BHPian

Speeding, happy for you and wishing you a great drive ahead. Reliance should stop playing with customers like this, these incidents at the first place shouldn't take place and even if they transpire, they should be resolved there and then. Kudos to VKool.
Old 18th June 2010, 21:46   #36
Senior - BHPian

I think the two concerned companies have been "considerate" & I do hope your Audi comes back better than it was.

The Reliance stores. Less said the better. I went to sector 29 Gurgaon, just for the heck of it. They promised to do film on the car in 2 hours (v-kool) , what I wanted was tyres, they had NO CLUE about sizes for a Pajero, no clue of A/T or M/T & are hell bent on selling me BF Goodrich, BUT in the wrong size.

Bulb upgrade, I wanted natural OE yellowish golden light, he insisted that if I used white my car would appear "hat ke" as in "cool" to which I said there is visibility issues in white light, his response.

SAAR White to Yellow se bhi achi hoti hai - try to karo !

THAT educated talk was the end of my interest in going to a Reliance Store.

The problem is - Reliance with the money they have got into a great business model BUT have no adequately trained professionals to do the job - PERIOD.

Lesson learnt - NEVER go to Reliance for anything other than daal or cheeni or toothpaste !!

Cheer up buddy - atleast you are getting your car fixed finally !!
Old 18th June 2010, 22:01   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
I think the two concerned companies have been "considerate" & I do hope your Audi comes back better than it was.

The Reliance stores. Less said the better. I went to sector 29 Gurgaon, just for the heck of it. They promised to do film on the car in 2 hours (v-kool) , what I wanted was tyres, they had NO CLUE about sizes for a Pajero, no clue of A/T or M/T & are hell bent on selling me BF Goodrich, BUT in the wrong size.

Bulb upgrade, I wanted natural OE yellowish golden light, he insisted that if I used white my car would appear "hat ke" as in "cool" to which I said there is visibility issues in white light, his response.

SAAR White to Yellow se bhi achi hoti hai - try to karo !

THAT educated talk was the end of my interest in going to a Reliance Store.

The problem is - Reliance with the money they have got into a great business model BUT have no adequately trained professionals to do the job - PERIOD.

Lesson learnt - NEVER go to Reliance for anything other than daal or cheeni or toothpaste !!

Cheer up buddy - atleast you are getting your car fixed finally !!

Even if they head-hunt, atleast get seasoned people not novices BUT this particular branch needs to get adequate lighting facilities first for installing sunfilms.
Old 18th June 2010, 22:33   #38
Senior - BHPian

Hey, sounds like we're on the right track here with both companies. Hopefully it'll get sorted out real quick and you can go back to doing the usual boring stuff... you know, posting pictures and writing driving impressions for us
Old 20th June 2010, 23:32   #39
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to hear that, they lost a customer in me, as I was to go there tomorrow and get the works done.

I took delivery of the ANHC today and it was not a pleasant experience with Ring Road Honda. Except for Ms. Rachana and Mr. Rupesh the others at the showroom were plain and simple jerks.

Same thing, perfect product, pathetic customer service.
Old 21st June 2010, 14:42   #40
Senior - BHPian

good to hear that they have considered the issues and are on the track to resolve them.

I was considering paying them a visit, now however, I wont even step for accessories, my good old shop is much better, and does a good job.

Sorry about that kid crashing and putting dent on the car.
Old 23rd June 2010, 16:00   #41
BHPian

Estimate has been received for Rs 70,000 - Parts being changed are the Rear View Mirror & Centre Wooden Console. Reliance has to deposit 50% in advance for Audi to order the parts (1 week).

They have not done so as yet.
Old 11th July 2010, 14:37   #42
Senior - BHPian

Hey man, any update on this yet?
Old 13th July 2010, 13:31   #43
Senior - BHPian

Wow 70K for a mirror and central console . If such mistakes continue at reliance AZ, they will close all their stores sooner
Old 4th August 2010, 12:38   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Note from Mod : Please take the effort to space out your posts, and use the correct punctuation. This post suffers from poor readability.

ah, rliance autozone at ambi mall.brings back a wonderful memory(anecdotal,perhaps.humorous,certainly.)First things first,it is just an accessories shop,glorified.If anyone has been to palika bhawan in delhi,you'll know that it seems like a collective of all those shops(steering covers,alloys,some"type-r" (eeeyuckkkk!!!) branded stuff etc.)so i just walked in,actually looking to see if they stock conicals, and whether they fit them as well(have been holding onto a couple of 7" conicals for almost a month now,not fitted yet.help,someone?).Asked one of the guys lounging around,"do you have conical filters?"Reliance Guy:"no sir".ME:"not one brand?"RG:"no sir, but i have something that will make you very happy.its a filter that you dont have to change for(wait for it!!)...a 100,000 kilometres!!just take it out,clean it, oil it, and put it back!!!"ME:"huh???"RG(misunderstanding my huh to mean ignorance about this wonderful new product, much better than a ,say..ummmmmmmm,help me out here, a k&N??? ):"yes sir.K&N filter,replace your air filter with thi,no problem!!"ME:"beta,papa ghar pe hain?"seriously,awesome product knowledge!!luckily his bos seemed to have been listening in, and rushed in after this einstein piped down after hi pitch!!thank god i met this guy,or else i would have been blindsided for some accessory by these guys!!lay off of RAZ, at least ambi mall guys.

Last edited by GTO : 5th August 2010 at 10:59. Reason: Please take the effort to space out your posts, and use the correct punctuation. This post has poor readability
Old 9th August 2010, 15:02   #45
BHPian

Finally, closure!

Audi changed the wooden console panel, replaced the rear view mirror and performed a full check-up of the car. During the initial installation at Autozone, they managed to break the automatic rain-sensor as well. This was also replaced FOC like the console & mirror. Total Bill to be paid by Reliance Rs 90,000. (25k panel, 40k mirror, 15k sensor, 3.5k shampoo/cleaning + necessary labor & taxes). I am expecting the check within this week - car was released 10 days ago.

V-Kool replaced the film all over, the new set was installed much better than previously - very very few bubbles visible (water) which should hopefully close up soon enough.

It was great to have the new car feel back - didn't feel like it at all after these morons damaged the car within a month of purchase! I will be taking pics soon and putting up an ownership report.

Thank you for all the support guys! And definitely do try and Avoid Autozone Ambience unless it is for some spare parts etc. Cheers!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks