Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2010, 15:53   #1
BANNED

Front parking sensors for the Cruze?

Hi Guys,

Tried a search but it returned nothing specific to this query.

I sold my wife's Laura and have ordered a Cruze. My wife is pretty used tohaving front as well as rear sensors now, after having driven the Laura for a few years. The Cruze has only rear sensors, so what can I get fitted for the front? Any make better than the other? How can they be activated?

In the Laura, they come on when you put the car in 'R', and remain on till you cross 20kmph. You also have a manual switch for it. Any suggestions?
Old 23rd June 2010, 16:00   #2
Team-BHP Support

Long time no see Doc!

Get an after market version fitted on the front but instead of the reverse lights activating it, you need to take the power from the battery or fuse box and connect to a manual switch or take the source from the parking lights and switch on parking lights when....parking! Only thing is that one might get confused with two units chirping away!
Old 23rd June 2010, 16:07   #3
BANNED

Thanks AJ. Seems whenever I make my infrequent visits here, you are the first to greet me :-)

Thanks for the tip. I have that in my Dads Accord, now that you mention it. I dont know whether it was aftermarket or OEM. Will see how it is fitted.
Old 10th August 2012, 13:32   #4
BANNED

Re: Front parking sensors for the Cruze?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakvrao View Post
Hi Guys,

Tried a search but it returned nothing specific to this query.

I sold my wife's Laura and have ordered a Cruze. My wife is pretty used tohaving front as well as rear sensors now, after having driven the Laura for a few years. The Cruze has only rear sensors, so what can I get fitted for the front? Any make better than the other? How can they be activated?

In the Laura, they come on when you put the car in 'R', and remain on till you cross 20kmph. You also have a manual switch for it. Any suggestions?

A long time has been passed but the question is relevant today also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Long time no see Doc!

Get an after market version fitted on the front but instead of the reverse lights activating it, you need to take the power from the battery or fuse box and connect to a manual switch or take the source from the parking lights and switch on parking lights when....parking! Only thing is that one might get confused with two units chirping away!
ajmat's suggestion shows some ways of activatiion the front parking sensors system but the same appears to be impractical as additional effort with switching off/on by the motorists is required for activation/start of the system.

On the other hand option for taking power from wires of reverse back-up light appears to contrary to the since the front parking sensors are for moving forward - straight or left/right which will be activated only when not required at the time of reversing and will not be activated when moving forward while parking at tight parking place.

The best option will be to connect the power cable to the +12V wire of the brake light.

We normally keep our right foot on brake while parking. Simultaneously we can activate front parking sensors system thus without doing additional job of switching off/on, etc.

Reverse back-up sensors (4 pcs) is convertible to front parking sensors when connected as above. 6pcs or 8pcs systen are for back-up as well as front parking.

A MANUAL of such system with Front Parking Sensors system is attached at the end.

Front parking sensors may help a motorist a lot when bonnet is large and/or not visible by him from his seat.

Bonnet of most of the cars today, is not visible from inside of the cars. Aerodynamic design of the front, inclination of windshield to such extent we are happy with are responsible for this invisibility. Isn't it?

Before to conclude I thank and express my gratitude to the moderators / administrators who approved me to be a newbie here. Its my first post.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf HYT-F4R4-BEEPER.pdf (197.8 KB, 1227 views)
000_RANVIS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2012, 07:56   #5
BANNED

Re: Front parking sensors for the Cruze?

As the MANUAL in pdf file as above is not visible till it is opened, two pictures of important part it is shown below for instant perusal.

Front parking sensors for the Cruze?-sensor-diagram.jpg

Pl. see the unerlined part.

Front parking sensors for the Cruze?-sensor-connection.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks