Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2005, 16:52   #16
BHPian

will the warranty be void if we have the neons installed? anyone faced this problem?
Old 8th November 2005, 21:06   #17
original_sin

hey Revtec Rs.130 are the cost for tubes (green,yellow,aqua,red,pink,blue,neon blue)
rest you have 2 connectors on each side to pass current to the tubes.A transparent pipe of 11/4"inch will cost you about Rs.15 per foot and the Transformer costs about Rs.100-120.and speaker wires do best and some alluminim Patti and some screws costs about Rs.50.U will be stunned when you switch on even 1 tube under car.The brightness is awsome and +its hand made,Just guess 1 2feet tube gives so much light in your house passage and when you fix under car its wonders

Old 9th November 2005, 13:33   #18
BHPian

hi,
the tubes u guys r talking bout r make shift arrangement's,,
the real things r bit expencive and are quite vercitile in use ,,
there is this set of 4 tubes available (LED BASED)
with seven colors orange, purple, blue, green, red, pink, yellow..
these can be controlled from a remote control standing outside the car,,(remote similar to the central locking remote)
the are also voice activated, as they glow with the music beats,,
the white light looks awsome if u have xenon head lamps as well,,..
regards,,
driven
Old 9th November 2005, 14:34   #19
BHPian

Thts nice sounds good, so can u plz tell us details of these things how can we get them installed, From where and how much will they cost???

And is there any LED which doesnt have any remote,And doesnt glow with music beats, Just to cut down on expense
Old 9th November 2005, 14:41   #20
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan_crazy
will the warranty be void if we have the neons installed? anyone faced this problem?
Yes, if one's car is under warranty, the warranty will be void. Something as little as changing bulbs to 95/100 can make your car's warranty void.
Old 9th November 2005, 16:27   #21
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBoombastic
Yes, if one's car is under warranty, the warranty will be void. Something as little as changing bulbs to 95/100 can make your car's warranty void.
well that again depends on what ur wanting to claim warranty for..if u have some clutch or break or suspension problems it wont make sence to void ur warranty on changing the headlamps or neons or stereo systems or tachometers..and electrical problems are hard to come by..just pressurize ur dealers and im sure they will do the stuff under warranty..shouldnt be a problem..
PS : this is all crap spread by the dealers to make sure they get away with having to take responsibilty for the faults..so we got to take it strongly..
Old 10th November 2005, 13:28   #22
BHPian

Quote:
May be you can use an ordinary 2 feet tubes and put them in a hard 11/4" transparent pipe and convert the 20 volts into 12v.readymade circuits are available and these shine to bright as if you are driving a UFO u can put 2+2 on sides and 1+1 in front and rear without battries going on low and the best part they dont fuse or get hurt by jerks in breaks unless and until you hit the car fron underneath.

These are tubes used in disco'z and they come in yellow,green.purple,aqua.neon blue orange and red and costs not more than Rs.130 per tube so even if 1 breaks its affordable
LOL! Damn, this post made my day! Heh.. I wanna do this to my zen right now! LOL LOL LOL!

:

- Aalaap
Old 10th November 2005, 14:52   #23
Senior - BHPian

ordinary tubes are for stationary use i guess. and very flimsy. i dont think teh filament may take the abuse. funny idea.
Old 10th November 2005, 14:55   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by original_sin
May be you can use an ordinary 2 feet tubes and put them in a hard 11/4" transparent pipe and convert the 20 volts into 12v.readymade circuits are available and these shine to bright as if you are driving a UFO u can put 2+2 on sides and 1+1 in front and rear without battries going on low and the best part they dont fuse or get hurt by jerks in breaks unless and until you hit the car fron underneath.

These are tubes used in disco'z and they come in yellow,green.purple,aqua.neon blue orange and red and costs not more than Rs.130 per tube so even if 1 breaks its affordable

Mate have you tried it? dont used assume if you havent .
people may try to do it and it maybe dangerous.
Old 11th November 2005, 03:38   #25
BHPian

I guess the fluorescent tube idea just may not be good enuff for a car.
I'm not sure, but the end-filaments may not survive the vibrations during a ride.

Also it is 20 Watts, not 20 Volts. For people who want to experiment, you will require 12V Emergency lamp kit for 20 Watts tubes to power this up from a 12V car battery.

It sure will work, but how long the tubes will last is a big ?. Cannot say till someone really tries this out.

And be careful while handling the wires which connect to the tubes. They carry quite high voltages to give a nice shiver.
Old 14th April 2006, 01:47   #26
BHPian

Hi I was wondering if anyone knows that from where can i get StreetGlow Neons installed in delhi.And how much would they cost me?
Old 14th April 2006, 12:28   #27
aZa
Senior - BHPian

I got neons and LEDS both on my car ... LEDS offer less light compared to neons, actually depends on the brand too ... Twice i had my underbody scrapped in the mud twice the front neon tube came out (broke apart form the hinges) but the damn tube is still working ... the whole tube is encased in a fiber or a plastic tube for protection and shocks or no shocks it works like a charm. Next i'm gonna take the 7 color leds with remote and control module.
Old 14th April 2006, 14:48   #28
BHPian

lol that tube concept is pretty old.. many garages here in mumbai used to fool the customers by fittin tubes instead of actual neons and charging them 5 to 6 times the price..

~cheers
-Ash
Old 14th April 2006, 18:56   #29
BHPian

I am talking about Street Glow Neons. www.streetglow.com

You can have a look for youself.I want them installed from somewhere in delhi.If anyone can help then plz do.
Old 14th April 2006, 20:21   #30
aZa
Senior - BHPian

somebodystopme i beleive Arush has it and there is a shop in karol bagh Ashoka car emporium they also stock it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks