Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2010, 09:52   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice snaps. Are those 4300k HIDs?
Old 12th July 2010, 11:44   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
@aZa - the truck already has a clear lens head lamp, what upgrade is it that you have mentioned? is it something on the projector itself, or something on the headlamp assembly?
some projector's lens are not optically clear and have rings sort of thing on surface .this is to avoid glare by companies . by upgrading to full clear lens we can get a bit more light on road though not much . dont know if this e55 has clear lens or not .
Old 12th July 2010, 12:33   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

@The Godfather, Congrats on the setup : esp because you have used the projectors also. I have been checking up on information on doing a HID setup, and found that without the projectors, the HID's are going to be a pain for on-coming drivers and will also not give a fullly usable output for the driver himself.

Can you take a pic of the illumination from an angle, rather than from the driver's seat. Switch on the lights, step outside, and take a pic such that the illuminated area is at about 45 degree to you.

Also, pls have one additional /auxilliary set of lights as back-up for these, just in case.

One question : do the lights work if the engine is not running ?
Old 12th July 2010, 14:35   #34
BHPian

E55 do have clear lens upgrade. But that was around 4k more. I dont want to spend that much amount for a very little more output and blue color cutoff. I'm happy with what I am having now.

@Condor, I will do that photo tonight. Will get you the back of the projectors light too. These light work when the engine is not running. Actually all the above photos are when engine is off.

@NAveen, yes, those are Genuine Philips 4300k 85122+ bulbs with 3400 Lumens.

Just to add, for people looking more whitish/blue light, get 5k or 6k bulbs as when installed in projector, the output looks more towards yellow. tried three bulbs in the projectors and every bulb was more towards Yellow side.
Old 12th July 2010, 19:51   #35
BHPian

Guys here is the link of seller fromw her eI bought E55 Projectors

eBay My World - dogukan81
Old 1st August 2010, 09:22   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

@The Godfather, why did you need the heat gun & the dremel tool. From what I have read about retrofitting projectors, you would need the heat gun to open the sealed head-lamp unit. But in the Safari, isnt the head-lamp a two piece unit ?

And what is the dremel rotary tool for ?

Can you put up a step-by-step pictorial guide ? Will really help us all.
Old 1st August 2010, 19:00   #37
BHPian

No, the outer lens is sealed with the Grey Backing with some black color solvent which is quite strong. Also that sealant can't be used to again seal the lens. You will need Silicon to do that. Dremel Rotary tool was used to make a hole of around 4 inches in the reflector (the chrome part where bulb is placed) to accomodate and fix the Projector.

I am sorry but I dont have photos of comeplete process, but if you would like to see the procedure in writing without photos, I will do that.
Old 24th August 2010, 19:57   #38
BHPian

@ The Godfather, just got my projectors from the link mentioned by you, can you please post the complete procedure. please... what is the use of solenoids. can you please help me , i want to install in my Indigo
Old 25th August 2010, 00:22   #39
BHPian

Solenoid is actually a sheild attached to a motor which, when a current is passed through, flip the sheild which remove the cutoff of the projector light beam. In simple words, the shield acts like a barrier in the path of light beam from the bulb. Which cut offs the upper portion of light and light remains only on road, low beam, and it flips to remove the barrier, high beam.

There are two wires on the Solenoid, you can see it working by simply connecting them to battery terminals. Polarity does not matter here.

As far as the procedure goes, I made a hole just in center of the Headlight assembly to accomodate the projector. IT was around 4" in diameter.

To align the projectors correctly, follow the lines on the light assembly. There are some " ^^^ " on the bottom surface of the silver reflector of headlight. Arrange the projecter pointing straight with the help of these lines. Mark the screw points, make holes for screws and install the projector.

The left-right and vertical-horizontal alignment can be configured later on with the help of two scrrews behind the headlight assembly.

I am sorry but I do not have photos to illustrate it more better.
Old 25th August 2010, 10:48   #40
BHPian

Thank you Sir, and i have seen projectors with ballasts and ignitors and with out ignitors, please let me know whats the difference. I am planning to fit the projectors on my indigo marina, using Indigo CS head lights which is with two bulbs for high and low separately in such case shall i use D2S or D1S type bulbs .thanks in advance

Last edited by marinegopi : 25th August 2010 at 10:53. Reason: few more points were left
Old 27th January 2012, 20:03   #41
BHPian

Re: Projectors Retrofitment in Tata Safari 2.2

Sorry to BUMP an old thread. But I have sold my car and the projector setup, with reflectors and projectors installed in it and HID kit is lying with me, if any one is interested I will sell them.
Old 3rd September 2012, 20:22   #42

Re: Projectors Retrofitment in Tata Safari 2.2

Hi GF,

I might be interested in the HID's. Could you please post or email pictures (mmishh at gmail dot com) and quote a price for the same?

Thanks,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks