Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2010, 01:32   #1
BHPian

Buying A New Air Compressor

Hi all , am planning to buy a new air compressor for my car.The GM Motors in cochin has quoted around 4000-5000 bucks for the GM air compressor.But here in dubai i found a compressor from black and decker which is worth 150 AED(1950 rupees).I think its very cheap here comparing the price quoted by GM and that too the Black & Decker is a strong brand .
Have any one have got air compressors? What are your feed backs of owning one? is it worth getting it if it is for the price above(1950 bucks)?

Last edited by kphilip : 10th July 2010 at 01:34.
Old 10th July 2010, 01:58   #2
Senior - BHPian

That is a good price. Most air comps working on the 12V sockets available here locally are Chinese and retail from 1200 to 2500 and beyond. The quality is suspect in most cases. B&D should be pretty good. In fact my brother in law is travelling to Dubai next week and I was thinking of asking him to pick up the same and a car fridge/freezer made by 'WAECO'. Would you care to share the shop details it would save him the bother of hunting for the same.
Old 10th July 2010, 15:13   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
That is a good price. Most air comps working on the 12V sockets available here locally are Chinese and retail from 1200 to 2500 and beyond. The quality is suspect in most cases. B&D should be pretty good. In fact my brother in law is travelling to Dubai next week and I was thinking of asking him to pick up the same and a car fridge/freezer made by 'WAECO'. Would you care to share the shop details it would save him the bother of hunting for the same.
Yea am here only till this 29th, anyway if am here i can help him do the shopping.I found this in Carrefour in city center diera.My cousin was telling me to have a look in some hardware shop where we can find a variety of them.Black & decker looks really good with digital meter and all.Rest of the stuff here looked cheap ..
Old 10th July 2010, 15:22   #4
Senior - BHPian

Thank you for the shopping offer Philip, I will pass it on to him.
He is basically going for the Dune Bashing, my sister wants to see the new royal mosque in Abu Dhabi with its Macedonian marble with semi precious inlay work and my nephews want to go to the indoor ski slopes at Mall of the Emirates so there is not much shopping on their radar. However picking up the B&D at Carrefour should be a breeze as they are allowed back into India only if they pick up my favourite 'Date Biscuits' also from Carrefour.
Old 10th July 2010, 15:35   #5
BHPian

oooh okie and there is another shop called ACE in festival city.Dint go there yet.But ppl are saying its good.Need to check there also. u might find ur car fridge there.Carrefour is huge and will get a lot of offers if you are goin on fridays where it will be like a festival crowd.
Old 10th July 2010, 16:47   #6
BHPian

I think Black & Decker for Rs 1950 is a very good price.
Michelin is also having similar product.

In India, good branded ones are really costly.
The cheaper versions are from China and the reliability will not be good. Price - Rs.450 onwards.
Recently I bought one through ebay for Rs. 950/-, A Chinese product slightly better quality compared to the Rs450 ones.
I am yet to check the reliability.
Old 10th July 2010, 18:21   #7
vak
BHPian

Air Compressor bought from Carrefour, Dubai

I have an air compressor which was bought from Carrefour, Dubai in 2008. It is their own inhouse brand. It is a double cylinder model and came with coupler and air hose. I paid around AED 169 or so. The quality of the product is average, it fills the air faster than some cheap single cylinder models. But fast is relative, dont expect the speed of filling up a tyre at a tyre shop.

The only problem I had was with the wiring cable which is not of good quality. I had to solder the terminals few times and last time when I filled the tyre of my Accent the cable became very hot and it got fused. I am planning to change the whole wiring.

If you are getting Black and Decker at Rs1900 or so, dont think further go for it. Make sure that it is genuine.

I am attaching few photos of the compressor I have.
Attached Thumbnails
Buying A New Air Compressor-1.jpg  

Buying A New Air Compressor-2.jpg  

Buying A New Air Compressor-3.jpg  

Old 10th July 2010, 22:49   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vak View Post
I am attaching few photos of the compressor I have.
Did you get the coiled hose with quick release(seen in the pic) coupling along with the compressor?
Old 10th July 2010, 23:39   #9
BHPian

You can get good quality air compressors like Hunter from ACE stores Dubai.
Old 1st June 2012, 20:47   #10
BHPian

MINI AIR COMPRESSOR KEN-503: Is it worthy

KENNEDY AUTOMOTIVE MINI AIR COMPRESSOR KEN-503-2500K

It costs Rs. 1900.
Is it worthy for the price? Any experience based reviews?
The brand is UK based, that gives some confidence.

Advices welcome...
Old 1st June 2012, 21:47   #11
BHPian

Re: MINI AIR COMPRESSOR KEN-503: Is it worthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunney View Post
I am using this same one from last 2 years without any problem, go for it
Its nice and compact and very easy to use !

I got mine from MN Hussen on Commercial street here in Blore. I think it was R 1200. If you have any friends here, you can request them to get it and carry it for you when they are returning back also. You can call MNH and check the rate over phone.
nirmaljusdoit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2012, 23:37   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
I am using this same one from last 2 years without any problem, go for it
Its nice and compact and very easy to use !

I got mine from MN Hussen on Commercial street here in Blore. I think it was R 1200. If you have any friends here, you can request them to get it and carry it for you when they are returning back also. You can call MNH and check the rate over phone.
Thanks a lot for the valuable advice.I thought it is just another product from out infamous neighbor with a famous brand name plagiarized !
I was looking for a quality Car Compressor.
Would you mind informing the address, PHONE NUMBER of the dealer MN Hussen, which may be useful for many like me ?
Thanks in advance...
Old 2nd June 2012, 00:13   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunney View Post
Thanks a lot for the valuable advice.I thought it is
Thanks in advance...
You are most welcome!

+(91)-(80)-25587183, 41513116, 41513115
+(91)-9880839097

The above are their numbers, they have stuff like WD40, various types of tools also ! here is a pic of the compressor i picked up for my portable tire repair kit. I also got myself a Stanley plier. I got some nice thick cotton gloves, to be worn while fixing a puncture, changing tire etc though i dont remember whether i got it from there
Attached Thumbnails
Buying A New Air Compressor-dsc00603.jpg  

Buying A New Air Compressor-dsc00600.jpg  

Buying A New Air Compressor-dsc00601.jpg  

Old 2nd June 2012, 21:54   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit

You are most welcome!

+(91)-(80)-25587183, 41513116, 41513115
+(91)-9880839097

The above are their numbers, they have stuff like WD40, various types of tools also ! here is a pic of the compressor i picked up for my portable tire repair kit. I also got myself a Stanley plier. I got some nice thick cotton gloves, to be worn while fixing a puncture, changing tire etc though i dont remember whether i got it from there
Nirmal , any landmark near this store which can help in locating it?
Old 3rd June 2012, 08:17   #15
BHPian

Re: Buying A New Air Compressor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Nirmal , any landmark near this store which can help in locating it?
Its near the end of Commercial St, after the police station, its below the Westside Store ! (Closer to the Shivajinagar side) Owners name is Mr. Qureshi, sons name is Mr. Ali, very nice gentlemen to deal with They have been in the business for quite a long time i guess !
nirmaljusdoit is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks