Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2010, 19:48   #16
Senior - BHPian

@Sankar nice report.
Do they have filters for other cars,apart from Maruti Suzuki?
I like the fact,that these filters dont need to be oiled like K&N and green cotton.

Any contact details of the vendor?
Old 11th August 2010, 20:56   #17
Senior - BHPian

@justcause, congrats on the filter! how do you feel the difference performance, noticeable? If there is a risk of the monogram getting stolen then don't put it, would make it worse. Its a nice sticker btw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
@Sankar nice report.
Do they have filters for other cars,apart from Maruti Suzuki?
I like the fact,that these filters dont need to be oiled like K&N and green cotton.

Any contact details of the vendor?
Contact them at salesindia at cosworth dot com for details. I'm sorry, i don't know for which all models they have the filter for.
Old 11th August 2010, 22:19   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
@justcause, congrats on the filter! how do you feel the difference performance, noticeable?
It certainly is noticeable!
Earlier, with A/C on, when I leave the throttle in 1st/2nd gear, the car used to 'brake' and slow down in a very abrupt fashion. Only after fitting this filter did I realise how much restrictive the stock purolator filter actually was. All that huffing & puffing in crawling speeds is gone. It promises 10% more flow than stock, I am actually happy that it translates to a better car.
Old 13th August 2010, 11:51   #19
BHPian

Where can i get the cosworth replacement filter for the k10 motor in delhi? also considering the a star has the same motor as the new alto k 10 would the replacement filter be the same for the new alto k 10. i have a KnN conical but i'm only going to put that in after the new car has run about 3-5k km. i've been given specific instructions from home hot to open up the new car as soon as i get it
Old 13th August 2010, 15:08   #20
CPH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilMonSter View Post
Where can i get the cosworth replacement filter for the k10 motor in delhi? also considering the a star has the same motor as the new alto k 10 would the replacement filter be the same for the new alto k 10. i have a KnN conical but i'm only going to put that in after the new car has run about 3-5k km. i've been given specific instructions from home hot to open up the new car as soon as i get it
Why spending the money when you have got a superior solution on the shelf? Wait for a little while and do it properly.
Old 13th August 2010, 15:59   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes they're the same.
Old 1st October 2010, 16:22   #22
BHPian

Cosworth Air filter

I had written to Cosworth company asking for a Bangalore contact. I was given the number of Mr.Rajesh Nahar - 9945193688. I spoke with him asking for WagonR air filter from Cosworth. He promised to get back in 1 hour on availability and suitability. He called back as promised and offered the air filter with 10% discount (net after discount Rs.3150/-) and promised to deliver to me in 1 hour. And he did. He also confirmed that his colleague has a 2004 wagonR and it fitted. So mine being a 2005 model, he felt it should fit. He also advised that I fit it when engine is cold!
Dealing with Rajesh (X-static concepts, wilson garden, bangalore) found him very professional. They deal in Cosworth, CarBrite, Eagleone.

Now, that I have got the filter, I will have it installed soon, share some pics (looks very similar to what Sankar posted), and share on any changes that I might notice in performance. I am actually off to Pondicherry soon and should be able to figure this out.
Old 1st October 2010, 16:49   #23
Senior - BHPian

Nice! Update the thread with your post installation expereince. Btw you can install the filter if the engine is hot, just take care not to burn your hand touching any hot part like the exhaust. The filter box is plastic so you can touch it even if the engine is just stopped, it will not be as hot as to cause injury.

I have dealt with Rajesh once via ebay.in, but that was before he got the Cosworth distributorship.
Old 3rd October 2010, 01:25   #24
BHPian

Cosworth Air filter for WagonR (2005)

Got to replace the Cosworth air filter in my WagonR today. I have added a few more things such as a DVD receiever (Kenwood MPV5343U), Gesonic head rest mounted 7" LCD panels, Hella 90/100 halogens with relays, new wiring etc.; Hella twin horn (sounds like Skoda ); RubberX foot pedals, steering cover in leather, reading lamp, floor mats, A/C top up (at Adithya A/c Bangalore)!
All this has left me overwhelmed! Set me back by 30K. More on all these in the appropriate thread.
Coming to Cosworth, I will share my experiences in a week or two after driving around a bit and observing.
Here are a couple of pictures - the Cosworth filter, proud display of Cosworth sticker on the back of my car. . the old and new.
Attached Thumbnails
Cosworth Replacement Air-Filter-wagonr-018.jpg  

Cosworth Replacement Air-Filter-wagonr-045.jpg  

Cosworth Replacement Air-Filter-wagonr-037.jpg  

Old 3rd October 2010, 04:28   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
non woven synthetic material and the best part imho is that it is an oil-free type, so no oiled MAF sensor if you happen to over oil the filter. The recommended cleaning procedure (after 10k Kms as per them) is to soak the filter in mild soap solution and washing it under flowing water inside out, and drying naturally.
What is the life of the filter? how many times can this be done?
Old 3rd October 2010, 22:03   #26
BHPian

Cosworth high performance air filter

@MPower, the info on the packaging seems to indicate it is a 'lifetime filter' and as mentioned by Sankar, service every 10000kms or once a year. See picture from the box.

The website info says "High Flow Synthetic Air Filters are constructed from a proprietary synthetic, non-woven single layer, pleated polyester filter media that requires no oiling. For an OE like fit, the filter housing is injection molded from High Impact Polystyrene or Polypropylene." Apparently it offers "Improved performance, Superior filtration, Exceptional dust holding capacity, Reduced restriction (10%+ compared to OE filters), Over 98% efficiency (ISO5011:200 Fine Dust Test)" (Source: Cosworth)

Now, that I have it too - Let me figure this out and see if it makes that difference to performance and FE!
Attached Thumbnails
Cosworth Replacement Air-Filter-cosworth.jpg  

Old 4th October 2010, 16:26   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Where can i get the cosworth replacement filter for the k10 motor in delhi? also considering the a star has the same motor as the new alto k 10 would the replacement filter be the same for the new alto k 10.
Hi, I'd emailed Cosworth-India earlier today & they'd replied that the A-Star's panel-filter doesn't fit the Alto-K10.

The email also mentioned that they're developing a panel-filter for the Alto-K10 & that they would drop a note once its done.
Old 8th October 2010, 18:28   #28
BHPian

Just got back from Pondicherry. Got a chance to 'evaluate' the new Cosworth filter. I must disclose that my observations are purely that and have not used any tools such as tachometers etc or document critical data to evaluate the change. It is merely perception. With that disclaimer, I did feel, like others that the 'new' filter seemed to make the car a wee bit more responsive. I consciously observed this behaviour on familiar roads and traffic situations where I was always alert to performance (e.g. at signals, etc.). Also, on long drive the pickup while overtaking etc seemed better. Only other observation I made is with regard to FE. FE seemed to have improved marginally for me - from some 10.9/11.1 to 11.98/12.2. These are mixed driving on highway and city stop and go driving. BTW, I drive a WagonR automatic with A/C on most of the time and windows rolled up.
To summarize, the Cosworth filter fitted in neatly in place of the manufacturer provided filter, which I was told needed replacing anyway (at 40K + kms). It seems to have improved FE marginally. Most visible change seems to be in a more responsive engine while accelerating (keep in mind, it might just be that it is a new filter, hence the benefit). Overall, no regrets. Advantage seems to be in its maintenance.
Old 1st November 2010, 22:46   #29
BHPian

Guys,
Planning to buy an A Star LXi (selling my REVA).
Have the following changes in mind :-
1. Change the air filter (thanks for your inputs). ONE QUESTION-WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU GIVE YOUR CAR TO THE MARUTI SERVICE CENTRE? DO YOU NEED TO TELL THEM ABOUT YOUR NEW FILTER? + THAT THEY SHOULDNT SCREW WITH IT.
2. Stanley leather seats (put them in my Innova and am sold on them)
3. Neo Alloys for the tubeless tyres(still a bit undecided on this one).Dont know if this will improve driving dynamics.
4. Putting my old Alpine CD head unit + 4" Boston Rally speakers. Want to add the smallest sub-woofer I can find.
5. Want to change the steering wheel(the stock one is too big) and have got used to the Reva's tiny wheel. But am a little discouraged after reading the other thread about sourcing a good one.
BTW sorry about going OT but I feel there are some really passionate A Star owners here whose inputs would be really appreciated.
Old 2nd November 2010, 08:20   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicki_Rau View Post
Guys,
Planning to buy an A Star LXi (selling my REVA).
Have the following changes in mind :-
1. Change the air filter (thanks for your inputs). ONE QUESTION-WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU GIVE YOUR CAR TO THE MARUTI SERVICE CENTRE? DO YOU NEED TO TELL THEM ABOUT YOUR NEW FILTER? + THAT THEY SHOULDNT SCREW WITH IT.
Just tell them not to clean it or do aything to it. Wash it yourself in mild soap solution and rinse it under slow running water inside out. That should do it. Blowing high pressure air into it will damage the filter.

Please open another thread for other queries related to your A-Star purchase, lets not go OT on this air filter thread.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks