Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2010, 18:19   #31
BHPian

guys, guilty on all counts! although i only work there, HCZ belongs to ETA/CARS India(maruti/merc/mahindra/vw/force)
'HCZ overpriced/lousy service' has a long story behind it, visit the place and i will be glad to tell you all about it.
having said that, i am trying to improve on price correction/better service etc. so there should be a change now!..hopefully.

the racechip when ordered online, did come cheaper. but when ordered in bulk, goes through transportation costs, bank charges,currency fluctuations,customs duties/clearance,mktg costs etc.hence 17500/-.
the idea of racechip was not an original one. Mr.KD Madan has used it as well as several other fancy remaps and stuff and swore by the racechip.HCZ now has applied and is on the verge of getting the dealer status(meaning service/warranty backup)for the chip.
i too tried out an ecm remap and nearly wrecked my engine.started spewing out smoke like crazy, pinging noise and engine got really rough.so i rolled back the remap and back to the racechip once more.no problems ever since.

Last edited by Rehaan : 16th September 2010 at 16:09. Reason: As per earlier PM.
Old 10th August 2010, 18:23   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post
The one for an Octy is listed at 180 Euros while for almost all cars (even BMW 3/Merc C/ Audi Q7) is listed at 130 Euros. I wonder why it is that way. Maybe Skoda making sure that their customers are fleeced all across the globe

On a serious note - can anybody please share their experience of ordering and taking delivery of foreign goods in India? I am interested in ordering this but do not know how the delivery mechanism works. Will it be a door delivery or would I need to collect it from someplace?
Dear Cesc,
the reason for Octy being higher is because all V-AG cars have a tri-code chip and very intelligent and very difficult to crack codes(the Hyundai i20 is the only other one having the tri-code chip!)
hence the need for a much more intelligent ECU override chip which is why it is costlier.
Old 10th August 2010, 18:33   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingjames View Post
Dear Cesc,
the reason for Octy being higher is because all V-AG cars have a tri-code chip and very intelligent and very difficult to crack codes(the Hyundai i20 is the only other one having the tri-code chip!)
hence the need for a much more intelligent ECU override chip which is why it is costlier.
Thanks for the explanation bro. I checked out the ones for VW cars also and the cost for those was the same as compared to the Octy. So what you say makes sense.
Old 10th August 2010, 19:52   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post
Thanks for the reply. I think this ships via courier (says UPS on the site) so like you mentioned, this should be a door delivery.

On a related note the engine tune on the Octy model sold in India (66kW/90 PS) is not listed in the choice of vehicles. However the 105 PS version is listed under the same engine (1.9 TDI). I guess that should work as well considering that all that the chip does is jack up signals from the ECU by a specified proportion. Any reason why it should not work on the 90 PS version?
The 1.9 TDI in the Octy is not a common rain engine (90ps) whereas the one in the Laura (Octavia II) is a common rail engine (105ps)

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 10th August 2010 at 19:54.
Old 10th August 2010, 22:04   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
The 1.9 TDI in the Octy is not a common rain engine (90ps) whereas the one in the Laura (Octavia II) is a common rail engine (105ps)
Yup I know that. This particular engine tune (77kW/105PS) was listed under the 1.9 TDI engine. The TDI CR (the one on Octavia II) also had the same tuning. Thanks anyway for replying to the query.

Last edited by Cesc : 10th August 2010 at 22:10.
Old 11th August 2010, 11:15   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

@stelingjames:

It will be great if you guys can become an Authorized re-seller and also provide service/warranty back up. This will be good competition to the overpriced PSI units.
Old 11th August 2010, 11:25   #37
BHPian

@4x4Addict, have you ordered the RaceChip or RaceChip Pro, the cost difference is almost 100 Euro but there is lot of flexibility built into Pro is what I came to know from the RaceChip people.

-Pramod
Old 11th August 2010, 12:01   #38
Senior - BHPian

@stelingjames:

whether RaceChip pro is available in your store?
what is the Team- Bhp price?
Old 11th August 2010, 14:23   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
@4x4Addict, have you ordered the RaceChip or RaceChip Pro, the cost difference is almost 100 Euro but there is lot of flexibility built into Pro is what I came to know from the RaceChip people.

-Pramod
I ordered the Racechip and not the Pro. They difference in output is nominal so I figured, it is some marketing hype, like adding a wing and bumper lips on a Corolla and calling it the Sport Edition .
Old 11th August 2010, 15:41   #40
BHPian

dear AKS karthik and 4x4 addict,
i was also tempted to go for the racechip-PRO but the difference is very marginal and did not justify the higher price. trust me,the normal one has enough and more settings to play around with.

Last edited by Rehaan : 16th September 2010 at 16:09. Reason: As per earlier PM.
Old 11th August 2010, 17:08   #41
BHPian

The price for shipping to India at their site is 45 Euros irrespective of the number of units ordered. If there is enough interest, perhaps we can do a group buy to save on the shipping costs.
Old 11th August 2010, 17:22   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayr View Post
The price for shipping to India at their site is 45 Euros irrespective of the number of units ordered. If there is enough interest, perhaps we can do a group buy to save on the shipping costs.
I think this maybe a mistake/error on their site.
Old 12th August 2010, 00:56   #43
Senior - BHPian

I ordered an Innova racechip last week for 153 Euros (approx INR 9700 Incl shipping but not customs if any) on their website. Let me see if it comes and will keep everyone posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
the pre 2009 Laura was PD and the new one is CRDI.

Last edited by Buffetfan : 12th August 2010 at 01:03.
Old 12th August 2010, 10:44   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayr View Post
if you try this, the package might get caught by customs and you might have to pay duty. for car parts, the duty amount is around 60% of the cif price. so be careful.

i have ordered 3 units from racechip (2 regular & 1 pro) in the past and never paid duty till now. all were ordered separately. 1 was in my innova (sold the chip), 1 for my 320d and another for a friends A6 3.0TDi.

i have hear that there is a rule that the customs guys go by for couriers and postal packages. if the package weighs 2kgs or more, then they put it aside to claim duty. others are passed as is. this is unofficial info ofcourse.
Old 12th August 2010, 12:12   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

@BikerSG: What is your view on the performance of the Racechip? What kms did you cover with the chip in your cars? Any problems faced with engine/mileage etc?

I am a little scared of putting it in my Scorpio fearing any issues like carbon build up in the engine due to increased supply of diesel etc..

But at 10K, it was too tempting not to pass up driving a 150bhp/360 nm torque Scorpio so I decided to get one. To be honest, I am still wavering whether to install or not.

Most Viewed