Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2010, 12:11   #91

Please do create a new thread with a complete review once you've logged on 1000 - 5000 kms on the Racechip. Thanks
@ Gto - ya definitely i will !
Old 2nd December 2010, 13:57   #92
BHPian

yippee! received mine just now! ordered on the 29th of November and got it today. Customs collected rs 2140 and the total cost with shipping comes around to 13 k . Driving report soon for the punto!
Old 2nd December 2010, 19:26   #93
Senior - BHPian

Anyone with an experience of RC with Hyundai Verna CRDi? Planning to get one as the price is too tempting. Less than 8K if delivered in Germany. Could ask someone travelling that side to bring it over.
First hand experience would be welcome - Verna or the Getz.
Old 2nd December 2010, 20:35   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

4x4Addict:

Installed and reviews of the chip?
Old 2nd December 2010, 22:01   #95
BHPian

i had a look at their website for optra 2.0L. I didn't find the optra 2.0L there. I think it should be nubira or lacetti. But my optra's 131PS / 314Nm. These specs dont match with the ones on their website.

What should be done? Linky to their website: Tuning - Prof. Chiptuning durch RaceChip Tuning Box
Old 2nd December 2010, 22:31   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
4x4Addict:

Installed and reviews of the chip?
No mate. Want to dyno before and after and no dyno in Chennai. So, I have to do this either in Red Rooster or in Spitfire coimbatore.
Old 2nd December 2010, 22:40   #97
BHPian

guys and gals hold on to your hard earned cash.

I too was contemplating putting one of these chips inside my car and even narrowed it down to Spider® diesel tuning.

I finally backed out even from this super duper kit after a lot of reading for 6 months at 1 hour a day about the cons of increasing fuel rail pressure and not altering boost.
Two golden rules or commandments when buying a kit are.
1)Increase fuel flow without increasing fuel rail pressure i.e is by controlling the opening times of each injector.
2)The unit should definitely be able to control boost pressure from the turbo as dumping in more fuel without dumping in more air is a sure fire way to kill parts of your engine or exhaust system.

If anyone of you can get hold of one that meets the above two criteria please please please pm me. Best of luck hunting.
The only solution as of today is a remap as far as I know.
Our member CPH can throw more light on this as he has been doing this for a living for the past 20 to 30 years.
drpullockaran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2010, 22:59   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

Those are some very good points which were probably not explored on this forum earlier - why, I fail to understand. These points are basic engine principles.

If a tuning chip does damage the engine components, what timelines are we talking about here? Over what km range?

And if these were issues, then none of the tuning chip companies would be in business no? Are they just playing the *fad* game?

Am holding on to the cash money Doc. Let us know :-)
Old 2nd December 2010, 23:08   #99
BHPian

I agree with u drpullockaran. Pete's box alters duration of fuel supply, race-dynamics diesel ecu raises rail pressure but neither of these have any direct control over boost or ignition timing.I think as CPH has mentioned in various threads .. A remap done with the help of a dyno to ascertain the gains, is the best solution as far as reliability and performance is concerned in a turbocharged crdi engine.

Last edited by needforspeed88 : 2nd December 2010 at 23:09.
Old 3rd December 2010, 08:05   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzinblut View Post
i had a look at their website for optra 2.0L. I didn't find the optra 2.0L there. I think it should be nubira or lacetti. But my optra's 131PS / 314Nm. These specs dont match with the ones on their website.

What should be done? Linky to their website: Tuning - Prof. Chiptuning durch RaceChip Tuning Box
Shoot out a mail to the sales id shown on the website. They are very prompt in replying. Please give the details of the car, year of purchase, location and engine details (like capacity, ps rating etc). They will surely reply
Old 3rd December 2010, 09:43   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinu2506 View Post
Shoot out a mail to the sales id shown on the website. They are very prompt in replying. Please give the details of the car, year of purchase, location and engine details (like capacity, ps rating etc). They will surely reply
Did that last night. waiting for their response. Thanks
Old 4th December 2010, 08:29   #102
Senior - BHPian

Just ordered one online for the Verna yesterday. Will get delivered to a local address in Germany in couple of days. Need to find someone to bring it down for me. Total cost approx Rs 7900 as there was no shippinf cost due to local delivery. Keeping fingers crossed
Old 21st October 2011, 21:10   #103
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Race Chip (German) for Diesel Cars for Rs. 17,500

My friend recently installed Race Chip in his Scorpio Mhawk an this is the feedback I got from him:

1) There is definite improvement in power, but it doesn't mean the Scorpio is now a rocket ship. End of the day, difference is only about 25% on paper and probably about 15 to 20% at the wheel.

However, in gear acceleration has increased and he needs to downshift less to overtake. It moves when you floor the pedal.

Mileage has not taken much of a hit. On a recent 1500 km round trip which included city, highway, driving up and down a mountain range, he got an average of 10.5 kmpl. Guess for the kind of terrain it is not bad. I guess you loose about .5 to 1 km in mileage.

Overall the drivability has increased and engine seems to rev up more freely and eagerly than before.

Overall he recommends the product for the price.

Installation was easy.

Although the instruction says to only turn off the switch, for some reason in Mahindra power is still send to the common rail pump even when the switch is off, so it is better to disconnect the battery.

You have to remove the big plastic engine cover to reach the connector at the end of the common rail line. That connector goes into the Race chip wiring harness and the other end of the wiring harness goes into the common rail line.

Basically the signal from and to the ECU to the common rail unit gets tweaked to provide the desired results.

After about 2500 kms of usage, he has not had any issues with the car or check engine light coming or or more smoke etc...

Overall Thums up for the product...
Old 21st October 2011, 21:23   #104
BHPian

I too have installed this in my swift 2 days back and felt the driveability has improved. However, I wasnt satisfied with this and increased the settings to D1 level. Race chip claims the following power increase for the levels B1, D1 and E2:
B/1 : 18-20% more power
D/1 : +3-4% more power
E/2 : +5-6% more power

I had already fit a cosworth replacement filter before the racechip was installed. I will update on how different it feels now onwards.
Old 21st October 2011, 23:05   #105
BHPian

Checkout Engine Customized Calibration for a similar but highly tuneable product. Readily available in India without any import hassles . Much better build quality than RaceChip IMHO. Rugged metal enclosure with mounting tabs and waterproof automotive spec connectors. No funny looking consumer grade DB25 connectors as in RaceChip/Spider.

Recently got a detailed demo from them (almost spanning an entire day) and they can customize the power spread to individual driving requirement. They even claim to offer remaps FOC.

PS: I have no business relationship with EngineCal. Just came across them through another automotive forum and received a demo. The company is run by a few automotive engineers working with many OEMS on Common Rail Diesel technology. They are auto enthusiasts just like us and comes highly recommended.

Last edited by Digital Vampire : 21st October 2011 at 23:13.
Digital Vampire is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks