Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2012, 13:11   #106
BHPian

Re: Race Chip (German) for Diesel Cars for Rs. 17,500

hi
I currently own 2012 new Toyota fortuner. Where can i buy Racechip or Racechip Pro in india ..any contacts in mumbai or Gujarat?Is it better than Pete's or Tunit selling in india ?
Old 15th March 2012, 17:20   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_trace View Post
hi
Where can i buy Racechip or Racechip Pro in india ..any contacts in mumbai or Gujarat?
You can order directly from them using a credit card.
Old 5th June 2012, 16:06   #108
LDJ
BHPian

We are getting the Racechip tuning boxes through one of our friends directly from Chiptuning Germany.

If anyone interested you can PM me. Only 3 slots left
Old 10th July 2012, 01:06   #109

Can anyone confirm the stats mentioned in the site?

I was looking to for the stats mentioned for figo 1.4 TDCI it says 88PS and 223 Nm.. can the engine take it.. Does it really make a difference in drive-ability in long drives ??
Old 6th November 2012, 22:26   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
I got mine delivered directly from them all inclusive of taxes and duty for 11000 INR. But one of my friend who recommended me this racechip bought it for 9300 as he was not charged the Import duty but in mumbai I was charged.
There are 3 variants in the website. Which one did you get ? the primary difference is in the processor type.
Old 6th November 2012, 22:44   #111
BHPian

When I ordered - Race chip had only two versions - Racechip and the Racechip Pro. I had ordered the Racechip version. The Ultimate version is something that has just been launched.

Still I would suggest don't go with the Race chip version, instead go with the Racedynamics from india. Even better if you could remap your car.
Old 6th November 2012, 23:40   #112
BHPian

Would it be accurate to day these chips mostly work by increasing the common rail pressure? Take the Renault 1.5 dCi which is available in various states of tunes. The Logan was some 65bhp, the Sunny 85bhp, and the Fluence and now Duster 110bhp.

I came across an article saying for the 110bhp tune Renault had to redesign the engine components; the crank was made stronger along the pistons and con rods to handle the additional power. Plus the 110bhp has a 6 speed gearbox which can handle 240nm of Torque, as opposed to the 5 speed which can handle a maximum of 200nm of torque.

Now simply adding a chip to increase the bhp and torque via common rail pressure seems likely to cause engine damage on the 85 or 65bhp without the strengthened crank, piston and rods. And how will the additional torque be handled with a gearbox than can handle a maximum of 200nm?
raul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2013, 13:30   #113
BHPian

Since the price quoted on the RaceChip website includes the VAT and since technically we are entitled for a waiver/refund of the same with the product shipped outside EU, anybody tried doing that?
Old 19th May 2013, 11:35   #114
BANNED

Has anyone ordered this recently? How do customs calculate the duty?
Old 9th August 2013, 23:52   #115
BHPian

Planning to ask someone to pick up a racechip for 129 Euro in Germany itself for my Ertiga. Would this be a good choice? I have not seen negative reviews so far, and the cost is on the lower side anyway, plus its a straight DIY.
Suggestions please, as all chips available locally are being quoted at 20K and above.
Old 11th August 2013, 22:15   #116
BHPian

You can go for it. My Linea 2011 Model has done almost 50K Kms with it now and still running very very strong. I would ask you to recommend it to you. Very Good product.
Old 16th October 2013, 10:42   #117
BHPian

One of my cousin had sourced Race Chip from his friend in UK for his i20. When he got the racechip in Bangalore, the connectors did not fit into his i20. It seems the Racechip he got was made for european version of i20.

Is there anything can be done now ?
Old 17th October 2013, 07:49   #118
BHPian

I have the chip installed on my vista for the past 10k + kms. The chip has definitely added more power to the car and it feels better also. However, also keep in mind that depending on the setting your car will consume more fuel. On a sober setting the car might give more mileage but not power. So it is a compromise you have to make. Besides if you constantly drive pedal to the metal in the power mode, I am sure there will be engine problems.
I have not faced any problems with the chip and have chosen a moderate setting.
Old 9th November 2013, 20:29   #119

Racechip manual settings needed

Guys, I got a racechip for my punto to bring it to 90 hp and unfortunately my friend got me the wrong chip from Germany. He got me the 51Kw instead of the 65Kw. Now my car is choking and rpm does not go above 3500. I read about the manual setting that can be changed on the Racechip.

So my need is the number in every bill that has RaceChip CR (XXX) for 65Kw. Do any of you have this number? I could try the setting that is for the Ford too if anyone has bought a Racechip for Ford Figo or Fiesta, I think it could be the same.

Mine is RaceChip CR (DB1) which I need to change it to something else to move it to 90 hp. Help needed !

Thanks,
Twilizombie
Old 9th November 2013, 21:58   #120
Team-BHP Support

Re: Racechip manual settings needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilitzombie View Post
Guys, I got a racechip for my punto to bring it to 90 hp and unfortunately my friend got me the wrong chip from Germany. He got me the 51Kw instead of the 65Kw. Now my car is choking and rpm does not go above 3500. I read about the manual setting that can be changed on the Racechip.

So my need is the number in every bill that has RaceChip CR (XXX) for 65Kw. Do any of you have this number? I could try the setting that is for the Ford too if anyone has bought a Racechip for Ford Figo or Fiesta, I think it could be the same.

Mine is RaceChip CR (DB1) which I need to change it to something else to move it to 90 hp. Help needed !

Thanks,
Twilizombie
I'm not understanding the issue. You say you want to bring your car to 90bhp, that would mean it is the 75bhp model right?

If so then the chip you have got is the correct one, I see a 55kw version on the website and not a 51kw version.

Your cars air filter could also be choked, do try cleaning that out and maybe putting in a new one and seeing if the problem still persists.

Also I understand the race chip have some adjustable settings, maybe messing around with those and making it less aggressive will solve your problem.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks