Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2010, 10:27   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Race Chip (German) for Diesel Cars for Rs. 17,500

I saw an advertisement from Haute Car Zone in OMR/Chennai selling Race Chip (german) tuning chips for most Indian diesel cars for Rs. 17,500.

I think the price is good compared to Petes. The german website offers 2 year warranty. Not sure about the Warranty in India.

RaceChip chiptuning - increase engine power

If anyone chennai is planning to get one, please PM me so we can try to negotiate a volume discount.

I have scanned and uploaded the advertisement.
Attached Thumbnails
Race Chip (German) for Diesel Cars for Rs. 17,500-racechiptuningchip.jpg  

Old 4th August 2010, 10:40   #2
Senior - BHPian

It seems odd. Is the same box workable for different cars, from the 1.3DDiS to the 2.2 mHawk ? Pardon my ignorance.

This sounds good but I wonder what support one might expect from Germany. Unless they are going to appoint dealers.

Interesting option nonetheless.

Cheers
Old 4th August 2010, 10:42   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
It seems odd. Is the same box workable for different cars, from the 1.3DDiS to the 2.2 mHawk ? Pardon my ignorance.
It doesn't state anywhere that the same box is used for all the cars. The list of cars is the list of models supported. According to the Race Chip website, the price is same for all models.
Old 4th August 2010, 10:52   #4
Senior - BHPian

4x4, one guy has already installed this box.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...-complete.html

As you rightly pointed out, the price is on the lower side compared to the Petes (BSI) box, so one needs to be wary until a few more reviews have come out. And HCZ prices are usually double that of anywhere else, so the actual price of the box must be even cheaper.

Last edited by Gilead : 4th August 2010 at 10:58.
Old 4th August 2010, 12:27   #5
Senior - BHPian

@Gilead, I remember the red swift modded by SterlingJames in the car mods section. I believe it was shut for some reason like it was modded up in his own garage and posted here.

IIRC sterlingjames is from HCZ! Correct me if I am wrong!

Well if he is from HCZ, it makes it easy for us to get more details on this chip!

Last edited by anachronix : 4th August 2010 at 12:29.
Old 4th August 2010, 12:31   #6
BHPian

i have a racechip on my car (BMW 320d). have had a racechip on my innova in the past and also got a racechip for a friends A6 3.0TDi.

its a fantastic product. and cheaper if you order online.

from my limited experience with the racechip, its the same box for all cars, just the interface cable that is different for all vehicles.
Old 4th August 2010, 13:11   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
@Gilead, I remember the red swift modded by SterlingJames in the car mods section. I believe it was shut for some reason like it was modded up in his own garage and posted here.

Well if he is from HCZ, it makes it easy for us to get more details on this chip!
Anachronix you are right. He is from HCZ. HCZ also has a facebook group. Join that and you'll get updates on what they offer!
Here is the link: Welcome to Facebook
Old 4th August 2010, 14:26   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post

The link that I posted above is Sterling James' thread! I didn't know he was 'from' HCZ. No wonder he only had nice things to say about that place. I have only heard crappy reports from nearly everyone else.
Old 4th August 2010, 14:55   #9
Senior - BHPian

^^ My experience & one of my friend's experience with HCZ was a lot more than crappy!

However, I have decided to stay away from HCZ for good!
Old 4th August 2010, 15:06   #10
BHPian

Looks good and cheaper than petes. Does anyone have info about this in Bangalore ?
Old 4th August 2010, 23:40   #11
BHPian

Guys the Race chip is very good and I have been using it for some time. Its not a cheap imitation of Petes but the price mentioned is very high.

I got mine delivered directly from them all inclusive of taxes and duty for 11000 INR. But one of my friend who recommended me this racechip bought it for 9300 as he was not charged the Import duty but in mumbai I was charged.

Racechip does make a better solution than Petes and its cheap too, but nothing beats a remap. I am planning to go for one soon as that will surely help.

After using racechip on my car - I am sure there is more power that can be utilized better with the remap.

Regards,
Kailash
Old 5th August 2010, 10:21   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerSG View Post
i have a racechip on my car (BMW 320d). have had a racechip on my innova in the past and also got a racechip for a friends A6 3.0TDi.

its a fantastic product. and cheaper if you order online.

from my limited experience with the racechip, its the same box for all cars, just the interface cable that is different for all vehicles.

Same box, different coupler. Don't all cars have different ECU's ? Yes they do. There is something amiss.

But you seem happy with the performance, which is good. Maybe they have a generic base map, which they are using. I am stumped.

Any explaination ??

Cheers
Old 5th August 2010, 14:26   #13
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
....one guy has already installed this box..
..and its going on the Q7 4.2 TDI soon :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...7-4-2-tdi.html

cya
R
Old 6th August 2010, 10:56   #14
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Don't judge tuning boxes by the price, guys. Margins range between 30% - 300%. We've seen 2,000 rupee boxes sold for 10,000 bucks, and 5,000 rupee boxes for 40,000. End of the day, they pretty much do the same thing.

I'd be eager to hear of more Race Chip user experiences.
Old 6th August 2010, 12:29   #15
Senior - BHPian

As a slight offtopic - why do we get these add-ons only for diesels and not for petrols?

Most Viewed