Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2010, 23:23   #61
SUV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingjames View Post
i hate to burst the bubble of all DIY guys who think they have got a good deal by buying directly/online, but there is a small problem which you all might have overlooked.
when you unplug the common rail, automatically an error code is generated(even if the check engine light on your instrument cluster does not come on).
now, how that creates a problem is, the ECU reads the error code and constantly tries to correct the error by trying to read vehicle drive patterns to arrive at a 'correct' setting. this might in turn make the chip to read differently as well and you might not get your desired output.
when i fixed the racechip and there was no check engine light, i was really thrilled, but someone suggested i get a scanner check before driving out and to my surprise i did find an error code which said problem with fuel pressure sensor. now most times you might get away with the self-install because dealer points rarely plug in the scanner for diagnostics unless necessary or requested, but in case they do, there might be a warranty refusal. that will be quite unpleasant especially for Maruti where turbo or other warranty related failure is quite common.
most chip retailers have multi-brand auto scanners which they use to erase trouble codes before letting the cars out on road.so it is wiser to buy the chip and have it installed at authorised dealer points.

@sterlingjames - I hate to burst the bubble too ...

For DIY fans : I have been using this on my car for the last 8 months. This is based on my Research and information provided by RC

Dial 1 : Control the amount of fuel increased in the CRDi line. With this Dial switch, you can increase or lower the power. Each position that you move clockwise, the power increases by 1.5%. If you notice sluggish power delivery (jerks) during acceleration or you get a check engine light on, move the Dial 1 Switch 2 positions back until this no longer occurs.

Dial 2- working RPM range. At what RPM the chip activates. This 2nd dial is not as important as the first dial. Here you can change the RC turn off threshold. This acts like a RC limiter (At what RPM the RC Cuts off). If you get a check engine light on, i.e. if the CRDI pump cannnot cope up with the increased pressure, turn rotary switch 2 positions back (to decrease RPM range).
Old 30th August 2010, 19:28   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

@pramod:

I had it shipped to a local address in germany and my friend brought it for me. So, I don't know the shipping time to India.

The instructions are generic and not vehicle specific. But this is okay since the only thing you really need to find in the vehicle is the common rail pipe from which the injectors feed the engine.

Not had time to install it yet. From talking to our resident experts the engine can definitely handle the bhp/torque but the clutch and tranny are the weak links. Thankfully this is not a problem for you since you have an Auto that is build for 140 bhp US spec vehicle. Besides Autos can generally handle higher torque than manual with clutch.
Old 31st August 2010, 12:01   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
@pramod:
Thankfully this is not a problem for you since you have an Auto that is build for 140 bhp US spec vehicle. Besides Autos can generally handle higher torque than manual with clutch.
I am very tempted to get this on my vehicle, each day I visit the RC site and go till the final order and then cancel the order, need to know some feedback, I remember Shatrugan has pete's on his AT and had some problem at high sppeds, but have not heard anything from him in long time, let me know when you are done, else let me know if you have a change of mind so I can buy it from you

-Pramod
Old 1st September 2010, 10:00   #64
GTO
Team-BHP Support

@ 4x4addict : I believe there is a dyno in Chennai (Chandok's workshop?). If possible, please dyno your Scorpio before and after installing the Race Chip. That will really help in gauging the true power gains. Thanks
Old 1st September 2010, 17:02   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

@GTO: I don't know where Chandok's workshop is but I will ask around and try to do this before after install. I am curious about these claims as well.
Old 19th September 2010, 19:49   #66
BHPian

Hi 4X4addict,

Have you installed the chip? if so kindly update, also chip for punto 1.3 JTD 16V should fit palio right?
Old 20th September 2010, 19:06   #67

Hey Guys I was looking for a remap for my swift diesel from superchip remaps UK but thanks for all you people who helped me in rethinking and its going to be a help for me to save some money because there is almost a 10k difference in superchip and racechip. So guys please help me in deciding between racechip and superchip . Also, I saw racechip for two versions of Swift 1.3DDis which are 1)69 ps and 2) 75ps so and torque 180 and 190 before ordering i want to know which one applies to indian swift . Mine is 2007 model swift Vdi.
Please help !
Old 21st September 2010, 19:22   #68
GTO
Team-BHP Support

@ Insane11 : Why not just go for the Petes powerbox? Tried, tested and proven performance improvement. It's as simple as plug & play. Plus, you'll have support in India too.
Old 21st September 2010, 21:40   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

@Makesh:

I have not installed the racechip yet as I have not been able to find a rolling/chasis dyno in Chennai. Vicky chandok's garage has an engine dyno. A family friend in Coimatore has a rolling dyno so I want to install there to get the pre-post output values.
Old 21st September 2010, 23:43   #70

@GTO - hey thanx for the opinion but its price is as much as re-map so i think remap is better then petes power box. So, i have a confusion between superchip and racechip as i mentioned. Also, i am getting superchip at 10% discount ao it will cost me till 24k which is cheaper then petes i guess .
Old 23rd September 2010, 13:16   #71

Hey guys please help me in deciding between racechip and superchip as i dont want to wait for too long to order it !
Old 23rd September 2010, 17:38   #72
BHPian

GTO - Where in mumbai do we have a chasis dyno - can you provide me with the address or contact as I am currently using the racechip on one of my cars and would like to get the before and after torque maps.

Appreciate your help.

Insane11 :- You can go for the Racechip as I have been using it for 5 months now and have not faced any issues with it. Infact it will turn out cheaper if you order yourself and they will forward it to you in a special courier services. When ordered online the total price that I paid was around 11k which is much cheaper than Petes or superchip that you have mentioned. Hope this helps.

Kailash

Last edited by kailashnj : 23rd September 2010 at 17:42.
Old 23rd September 2010, 23:35   #73

hey Kailash thanks a lot you provided me with a very valuable information. I am going for racechip pro which is new costs a bit more but still cheaper then petes and others. Hey 1 more last question .... if later i sell my current swift diesel , then can i use this chip in another diesel car ? like laura ?
Old 24th September 2010, 01:48   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by insane11 View Post
hey Kailash thanks a lot you provided me with a very valuable information. I am going for racechip pro which is new costs a bit more but still cheaper then petes and others. Hey 1 more last question .... if later i sell my current swift diesel , then can i use this chip in another diesel car ? like laura ?
Im not sure if you can use the same box for a different car, theoretically it should be possible as long as both the cars use the same brand crdi unit for instance bosch but not sure if there is any other constraints that will affect.

nevertheless you have to buy a new wiring harness as the injector plugs will differ from brand to brand.

buying Petes was a long time dream for my innova, kept away from it cause of the price and since mine is G3 it doesnt have ABS the brakes are hardly enough to handle stock performance dont wanna risk with more power. however at this price its a sure steal, tied between heart and mind again

@Gurus is there any other way to check the power output of a vehicle.
like cable to connect to laptop and monitor the cars bhp, torque real time fuel efficiency? if so can it be done for 2005 innova? what will be the cost of such setup including the software?
Old 24th September 2010, 09:21   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by insane11 View Post
If you are going for the PRO version, I am sure sure you can with the change in the connector crdi cable and the updated maps from Racechip. Suggest you can discuss this with their sales team and get that information as I am just speculating. But I know for sure they do sell the cables without the box as I had to get that ordered for my car after the rats had chewed it up.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks