Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2005, 16:20   #1
BHPian

scorpio mods

well ppl this is my first thread my friend is goona buy a scorpiocrde&want to mod it up he'll like to do mods from engine tuning to in car entertianment so is confusedand would be thankful if all u guys couldgive a detail of wat mods he should do he would spend in the region of 2 lacs on these mods so be free to tell
Old 16th November 2005, 17:35   #2
Senior - BHPian

Audio equipment - New HU with CD changer, Amp, woofer(s) etc etc
Reverse parking sensors
Alloy Wheels (16 inch)
Leather seat covers with matching leather trim on door panels, gear sock, handbrake and that bar thing over the glove box.
Good quality solar film
A good looking front bull bar
Get a rear bumper protector in chrome finish if you can find one. I have seen them on a few Scorpio in Delhi
Old 16th November 2005, 19:47   #3
Senior - BHPian

hey anshu

welcome to tbhp and if you find the time do post a proper introduction of your self in the appropriate thread and also go through the rules in the announcement section.

but what does your friend really want.it all depends on him as hes the one shelling out the cash and its his car.anyway just to give you a basic idea as suggested he can get a good head unit comp speakers in the front coaxial for the rear...4 chan amp to power the speakers a sub or two depending on his budget and music prefrence with an amp to power it.if he also wants he can get a roof mounted screen or two screens which fit into the head rest of the front seats.

he can get a K&N filter oer or conical with a free flow exhaust. a autogauge tachometer to enhace the interiors.leather seat covers.racing pedals.bigger alloys and thicker rubber, neons, strobes.....the list goes on.

Rev
Old 16th November 2005, 19:58   #4
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

for details on ICE (in car entertainment) pls post in the baap of all threads on this forum..im sure your friend will get one hell of a music system to run around in..
Old 16th November 2005, 21:03   #5
Senior - BHPian

A DVD music system with a couple of moniters, good alloys and very thick tyres....and if there is money left over, get the leather seats too. By this, ur car is sure to be a head turner

Last edited by karthik247 : 16th November 2005 at 21:04.
Old 16th November 2005, 22:45   #6
Senior - BHPian

Hey Anshu, welcome to the team.

First try to use punctuation in your posts so that idiots like me can understand what you are trying to say.
Old 23rd November 2005, 20:09   #7
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Hi anshu your friend can get a good sound system. If he doesnt want to go for looks of his car he can save some money and go on getting hitech sound system with some engine tuning .
If he goes for modifying then he can try and get the tyre at the back door like in a sumo ,it looks good and makes the car look diffrerent you acn even fix a mirror at the back.Now in the front you can get the bonnet done or just get a nice bullguard.Get those door weather shields the thing that comes on your windows mostly seen in lx470's it makes the car look good and are not expensive. Also get a sun film of a darker shade but a rto approved one.Get bigger alloys and wider tyres.Also get a rear spoiler .Now you can get some graphics on the car ,you can get the imported ones or the indian one but I suggest get the imported ones though they cost much but will make the car stand out. Finally get some decals on at the back and sides and also a nice looking numberplate.Anshu I dont know much about technical stuff but i know how to get the car look good by getting this small things you can make the car look good and I dont think it will costs much. I'll wait for your reply.
Old 23rd November 2005, 22:57   #8
Senior - BHPian

Do not bother with trying to put a tyre on the back door. The door and its pillars are not designed to take the weight (they will start to sag after a while). People do put empty wheel cases on the back to get the same look.
Old 24th November 2005, 09:47   #9
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech
hey anshu

he can get a K&N filter oer or conical with a free flow exhaust. a autogauge tachometer to enhace the interiors.leather seat covers.racing pedals.bigger alloys and thicker rubber, neons, strobes.....the list goes on.

Rev
Hey Rev,

Would not recommend a conical filter for a diesel car. Makes a very loud suction sound and ditto for the free flow. To the best of my knowledge there are no Autoguage diesel tachs available in India.

Rest is all Ok. It is eventually personal choice and taste.

Viper
Old 27th November 2005, 18:06   #10
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman
Do not bother with trying to put a tyre on the back door. The door and its pillars are not designed to take the weight (they will start to sag after a while). People do put empty wheel cases on the back to get the same look.
Bigman Ive seen some scorpios modded by rio they have this wheel at the back. I think rio designs must have thought something before doing it.Actually i dont know if its ok or no but looks great.
Old 27th November 2005, 18:16   #11
Senior - BHPian

Is it the actual wheel or just an empty shell ? The AGM modded scorpio also has one on the back but I do not know if it actually holds a wheel. Some of the kits you get for this mod are just for an empty wheel shell.

A wheel is quite heavy and unless the necesary pillars/door is also altered to account for the weight you will get problems.

Also for the original poster have a look at the AGM site for the mods they do. It should give you a few good ideas for the interior. http://www.agmtechnologies.com/home.htm
Old 27th November 2005, 18:38   #12
Senior - BHPian

viper there are autogauge tachos available for desiel vehicles. a friend of mine got one from dubai recently.

i didnt know about the noise with the conical filter on desiel vehicles thanx for the tip.

Rev
Old 27th November 2005, 19:39   #13
BANNED

Quote:
viper there are autogauge tachos available for desiel vehicles. a friend of mine got one from dubai recently.

i didnt know about the noise with the conical filter on desiel vehicles thanx for the tip.

Rev
Hey Rev,

If you read carefully I said not available in India. I know they are available abroad.

Viper
Old 27th November 2005, 21:26   #14
Senior - BHPian

ok viper
didnt read that properly.sorry for the confusion.

Rev
Old 27th November 2005, 22:15   #15
BANNED

Quote:
ok viper
didnt read that properly.sorry for the confusion.

Rev

Hey ,

No need to be sorry man. Be cool.

Viper

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks