Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2010, 09:12   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v.anand View Post
I had this mechanism installed in Palio, forgot the name of the brand. Its usual for it to consume a little battery current when activated, but it started draining the battery after 3 years of use. It was a big pain when the car wouldn't start frequently due to drained battery and with great difficulty detected this mechanism to be the culprit. Hence, I personally suggest against installing such a device to be on the safer side. Also, it hurts to see all the factory power windows wires being cut to connect this.
Thanks for sharing this issue Anand. How was the problem resolved? did you just removed the whole thing or replaced a relay or any part?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
and if you have like me a habit of sticking your arm out the window - I am sure I will get a jolt when the window goes up automatically.!
Remote chances of such thing to happen as glasses role up only when you lock the car using remote.
Old 5th October 2010, 10:18   #17
BANNED

Since there are mixed reviews about this, as long as there is no wire cutting involved, I could give it a try so that the option to revert is open, else, I wouldn't do it.

Hariya's remote is from Nippon. Does anyone know if Nippon makes these relays?
Old 5th October 2010, 11:39   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamhegde View Post
Remote chances of such thing to happen as glasses role up only when you lock the car using remote.
No, the glasses roll up even when the doors get locked automatically after the set delay. Its actually connected to the central locking. So whenever the central locking gets activated, so does the windows.

Imagine this: On a lazy sunday morning you get into the cleaning mode. You keep your wallet and all things you carry in the pocket including the car's key inside (probably on the seat). You close the door and crawl underneath to replace the creaked silencer bush. After the set delay in the central locking, there it goes: the doors get locked and the glasses rolls up and you stand there helpless.
This happened to me a couple of times, which made me clever these days. No matter what, I always keep the car keys in the pocket.

@Devdath: I believe this module can be connected to any central locking system. Not sure if Nippon makes it though.

Last edited by jeeva : 5th October 2010 at 11:43.
jeeva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2010, 12:03   #19
BHPian

@shyamhegde, I have left the relay and connections intact but removed the battery connector. So, I have disabled the device and thus lost out on its luxury. However, there is one point of contention though, Palio never took to any external electrical mods well. Even the Autocop remote locking misbehaves at times.
Old 5th October 2010, 12:08   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeva View Post
No, the glasses roll up even when the doors get locked automatically after the set delay. Its actually connected to the central locking. So whenever the central locking gets activated, so does the windows.

Imagine this: On a lazy sunday morning you get into the cleaning mode. You keep your wallet and all things you carry in the pocket including the car's key inside (probably on the seat). You close the door and crawl underneath to replace the creaked silencer bush. After the set delay in the central locking, there it goes: the doors get locked and the glasses rolls up and you stand there helpless.
This happened to me a couple of times, which made me clever these days. No matter what, I always keep the car keys in the pocket.

@Devdath: I believe this module can be connected to any central locking system. Not sure if Nippon makes it though.
It doesn't roll up in my car on auto lock after the delay or manual lock. Works only against the locking through remote.
Xenos basic security+scorpio branded up module is my car's set-up.
Old 5th October 2010, 12:20   #21
BHPian

Its the Xenos basic security and Autocop power windows in my case.
I never knew that the up-module is supposed to work only when you use the remote to lock.
Someone having the same combination here could perhaps confirm the same.
jeeva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2014, 10:36   #22
BHPian

Re: Automatic window closer mechanism

Can anyone guide me as to if I can install an automatic window roll up module for a VW Polo Highline. Had no luck as yet to find such a module. Car accessory shops have informed me that, such a module does not exist both for Polo and Vento.

Any help in this regard is appreciated.

Last edited by hemanthisgreat : 14th January 2014 at 10:37.
Old 20th January 2014, 20:38   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthisgreat View Post
Can anyone guide me as to if I can install an automatic window roll up module for a VW Polo Highline. Had no luck as yet to find such a module. Car accessory shops have informed me that, such a module does not exist both for Polo and Vento.

Try looking for the Minda product, it may work in your case? I had it seen a box few weeks back, it seemed to list quite a few car manufacturers as compatible. Have you checked the Xenos range as well?
Old 20th January 2014, 22:33   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthisgreat View Post

I remember Skoda Rapid having the auto roll up feature(long press the lock key). If Rapid, Vento and Polo use same or similar electricals, may be a module from Rapid may be plug and play.
Old 10th June 2015, 16:54   #25
BHPian

Bumping up this old thread after a long time. I was thinking of installing these as some co- passengers often forget to roll up the windows and so do I.

In case of no/minimum wire cutting I would like to get these installed in my Honda City.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks