Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2010, 15:06   #1
Senior - BHPian

Automatic window closer mechanism

I am looking to install an Auto window closing mechanism to my car. I want the window to close automatically when I lock the car from outside using the remote. Roll down when opening is not expected!

Saw some add-ons on ebay for this. Not sure if that will work on a Civic. Did anybody install something like that here. I am sure high end cars such as Accord will have this as default feature.
Old 6th August 2010, 15:10   #2
Senior - BHPian

What you are looking for is called a Power Window Relay. More details at

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ws-roller.html
Old 6th August 2010, 15:13   #3
BHPian

Well, I do not know about the rolling down, but to close the windows automatically, I have installed a device called scorpian along with autocop. It works well, but windows roll up, one after the other only. There may be new product which will roll up all the windows at once now.
Old 7th August 2010, 01:30   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Doesn't Polo have this feature incorporated into its keyless entry remote?. Just that it doesn't do it automatically, we have to activate it from the Keyless entry remote. I'm not sure if its OEM.
Old 7th August 2010, 01:47   #5
Senior - BHPian

Power window realy is what you are looking for, few of the Autocop security system has this feature in built and the window rolls up on locking the car. The power windows realy available in market requires certain amount of cutting in wiring which can harm your car and even void the warranty,
Minda is developing a realy which won't be requiring any cut to wiring.
Old 7th August 2010, 21:31   #6
BHPian

Yes some of Autocop has this feature, I have seen this working on a Wagon R. And I was also interested to have it installed on my city - didnt do much of research on the case though.
Old 8th August 2010, 12:42   #7
BHPian

Will it work Honda City ZX....Ask some of the mechanics...But they said it was not successful in city....
Old 8th August 2010, 17:36   #8
Senior - BHPian

Like hemantisgreat said, both in my Scorpio & safari this relay by Scorpion is installed, that closes the windows once I lock the car with remote. It is a one by one procedure wherein first the driver's side window shuts then the co-passenger side and then the rear left and lastly the rear right.

My wife calls my cars as Jumbo Jets.. because probably such stuff would happen in that only as per her imagination..

Oops, forgot to mention that when I got this relay installed many years ago, it costed my Rs.400/-
Old 3rd October 2010, 16:39   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayanang76 View Post
Yes some of Autocop has this feature, I have seen this working on a Wagon R. And I was also interested to have it installed on my city - didnt do much of research on the case though.
It works well if the power windows and the central locking are from same manufacturer (like autocop). I think this is a good feature and in the automated world we all forget to check all window are locked or not. Have not seen this in the older models though.
Old 4th October 2010, 10:59   #10
Senior - BHPian

Guys from what I know, this mechanism or the installation is known as "Up Modules". Could be the term used in a lay-man's language.

I had this feature installed on my Getz by Hyundai during the delivery. Its really helpful, especially when at times some co-passengers forget to raise the windows completely before exiting the car.
Old 4th October 2010, 11:45   #11
BHPian

I thought to fix this in my car, but then I dumped the idea; mainly because when I leave my dog in the car, I open the windows like 3 inches and lock the doors. With this module installed, it wont give me that option.
Old 4th October 2010, 12:00   #12
BHPian

I have had this "Up Module" installed in the Bolero, when I got the power windows. Its the Autocop one. When you lock the vehicle, every window starting from the driver side pulls up one-by-one. If the relays go bad and you don't notice it, then the set up can drain out the battery very soon.

Also, with this module, power windows will always be powered by the battery, regardless of the ignition key position. Other point is that, you have to be extra careful and vigilant at least, during the initial days until you get used to. Chances are that you keep the keys inside and the vehicle locks up with all the windows going up. I have had enough of it!
Old 4th October 2010, 13:04   #13
BHPian

I have been using it in my Santro for last 3 years. Car has power windows only for front. No issues so far (Scorpio brand)
Last week, one of my friends installed this 'up module' on his Accent at Evo (Satya) for Rs. 1500/- (4 power window relay). He is quite happy with this gadgety thing.
Old 4th October 2010, 16:19   #14
BHPian

I had this mechanism installed in Palio, forgot the name of the brand. Its usual for it to consume a little battery current when activated, but it started draining the battery after 3 years of use. It was a big pain when the car wouldn't start frequently due to drained battery and with great difficulty detected this mechanism to be the culprit. Hence, I personally suggest against installing such a device to be on the safer side. Also, it hurts to see all the factory power windows wires being cut to connect this.
Old 4th October 2010, 16:42   #15
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

and if you have like me a habit of sticking your arm out the window - I am sure I will get a jolt when the window goes up automatically.!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeva View Post
I have had this "Up Module" installed in the Bolero, when I got the power windows. Its the Autocop one. When you lock the vehicle, every window starting from the driver side pulls up one-by-one. If the relays go bad and you don't notice it, then the set up can drain out the battery very soon.

Also, with this module, power windows will always be powered by the battery, regardless of the ignition key position. Other point is that, you have to be extra careful and vigilant at least, during the initial days until you get used to. Chances are that you keep the keys inside and the vehicle locks up with all the windows going up. I have had enough of it!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks