Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2011, 21:01   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Want an arm rest for the Maruti Esteem? I found one!!

Where do I fix the stands on ZEN ? .

The distance between stands also is wide . How did you guys fix ? .Any help appreciated ?

Want an arm rest for the Maruti Esteem? I found one!!-imag0143.jpg
Old 27th December 2011, 16:45   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
I wanted them too. The eBay site has his number, so go there and meet him directly. He has 3 pieces in stock. So try and see if they fit with those extra legs.

Yes Ashok Nagar 9th Avenue. Some Manthope Colony. Residential area with lots of area to park. The seller lives on the first floor and his goods are on the terrace, so you can see him anytime. He's got tons of other stuff available too. You can check compatibility there itself.
Hi Brix

It looks like an instresting thing to do and useful especially for the highways,were you able to get it installed on your car? Mine is a titanium model and it comes with the cup holder. Should this centre armrest be fixed on top of that by drilling into it ? Pics would really help.Thanks in advance
Old 27th December 2011, 17:27   #63
BHPian

Keshav - I never got around to install that arm rest. So no idea on how it should be.

If you're in Chennai - go to GP Road and check out the options there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshav1426 View Post

Hi Brix

It looks like an instresting thing to do and useful especially for the highways,were you able to get it installed on your car? Mine is a titanium model and it comes with the cup holder. Should this centre armrest be fixed on top of that by drilling into it ? Pics would really help.Thanks in advance
Brix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2011, 17:29   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Keshav - I never got around to install that arm rest. So no idea on how it should be.

If you're in Chennai - go to GP Road and check out the options there.

Actually i stay in Ashok Nagar but i am travelling at the moment.Best for me would be to check out Johan Car jewels which is very close by.
Old 27th December 2011, 17:31   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshav1426 View Post
Actually i stay in Ashok Nagar but i am travelling at the moment.Best for me would be to check out Johan Car jewels which is very close by.
True - check that out. That person lives there, so call him prior to going there.
Old 5th February 2012, 09:46   #66
BHPian

Quote:
True - check that out. That person lives there, so call him prior to going there.
I finally got the armrest installed on my Figo. Got it done from Privelge Moto Mall in Nandanam.Quite a good experience. Decided to get the small one since the larger version was looking weird in the car.It isnt a perfect fit but its still alright and really comfy.They charged me only 1200 rs after mentioning to them that it was available on ebay . The charge includes installation.
Old 23rd May 2012, 13:58   #67
Senior - BHPian

Arm rest for Ritz in Mumbai

Bumping this old thread. Can anyone tell me where can I get an arm rest like the thread starter in Mumbai for the Ritz?? I don't want the Swift type arm rest which is available as it is quite useless. Any help .
Old 23rd May 2012, 16:27   #68
Senior - BHPian

Re: Arm rest for Ritz in Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
Bumping this old thread. Can anyone tell me where can I get an arm rest like the thread starter in Mumbai for the Ritz?? I don't want the Swift type arm rest which is available as it is quite useless. Any help .
Ebay has quite a few universal arm rests for sale, you can probably get that and then get it fixed locally.
motomaverick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2012, 00:14   #69
Senior - BHPian

Re: Arm rest for Ritz in Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Ebay has quite a few universal arm rests for sale, you can probably get that and then get it fixed locally.
I did check on e-bay and found quite a few dealers selling these arm rests but I wanted to first see it before purchasing it, hence I wanted to know if there was any shop at opera house or anywhere in Mumbai which sell them.
Old 25th May 2012, 19:25   #70
Senior - BHPian

Ok after a lil research I managed to procure an arm-rest from a dealer at Opera House.

Initial Impressions:

It is such a boon while your stuck in the traffic or if your cruising in a single gear. However, gear shifting will take some time to get used to. The quality of material is very decent however the install is a bit iffy. Overall I am satisfied with the purchase.
Attached Thumbnails
Want an arm rest for the Maruti Esteem? I found one!!-photo0066.jpg  

Old 16th April 2013, 00:49   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Ok after a lil research I managed to procure an arm-rest from a dealer at Opera House.

Initial Impressions:

It is such a boon while your stuck in the traffic or if your cruising in a single gear. However, gear shifting will take some time to get used to. The quality of material is very decent however the install is a bit iffy. Overall I am satisfied with the purchase.
Resurrecting this old thread, wondering if the arm rest hinders the usage of hand breaks, any comments please? I have been planning to get one for my figo however need some good convincing :-)
Old 16th April 2013, 01:03   #72
BHPian

Quote:

Initial Impressions:

I need the same for my Ritz too. How much it cost and for fitting do we need to hamper with anything and does it interfere with handbrake operation? If its universal type it should fit almost all cars

Last edited by junaid12345678 : 16th April 2013 at 01:19.
Old 16th April 2013, 01:05   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra

Resurrecting this old thread, wondering if the arm rest hinders the usage of hand breaks, any comments please? I have been planning to get one for my figo however need some good convincing :-)
almost 11 months living with the arm-rest and now driving without it seems a bit uncomfortable. Its a major boon on long drives not only for the driver but also for the co-passenger.

The creeks and rattles just vanished one fine day and now its just like a factory installation rather than an after market fitment. Add to that you can manually adjust the height as well as slide it front/ back as per your convenience.

There is absolutely no reason to hesitate to pick it up especially considering its cost and the immense driving comfort you get from it.

Regarding it hampering the handbrake - Yes it does but that is a matter of getting used to and you will only encounter this while driving off. Its very similarly placed as the Vento/ Rapid where either you engage/ disengage from the side of the armrest or you move the arm rest up and do the same.

It is indeed a very small niggle and this little piece of equipment has more pros than cons. I would suggest just go for it but please ensure it fits the Figo before purchasing it.

@ Junaid - cost me Rs.1,200/ odd and 50 bucks for fitting

Last edited by S2!!! : 16th April 2013 at 01:10.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks