Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2010, 16:21   #46
BHPian

Okay, so i received the packaging yesterday and managed to fit it on the center console in the car this afternoon.

Contents: The armrest, mount, extension legs (2), & plenty of screws!

Attached the armrest to the mount using 4 screws, the 2 legs look like optional to me, can be used depending on the type of car/center console it has to be fitted on.

So, I attached the legs to the mount anyway and headed for the car, placed it between the front seats, just above the center console, moved it back and forth and realized right away that it was not going to just hold itself in place without having to screw it on. Because, i did not have a drill bit of the appropriate size, i tried to use a double sided tape on both the sides of the legs. Jumped into the front seat and placed my forearm on the armrest and the entire unit slid forward!

Left with no choices and determined to get the armrest fixed today, I decided to head to Reliance Autozone which is just a stones throw away from my house. Now, on a punto, if you're willing to screw the armrest onto the center console, you can do away with the legs.

Job done to perfection at Reliance. The guy took less than 5 minutes to screw the armrest to the console. 4 screws hold the armrest to the console, 2 on either sides! Now, the only thing that slides back and forth is the leather extension on the armrest!!

Pictures attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Want an arm rest for the Maruti Esteem? I found one!!-dsc00089.jpg  

Want an arm rest for the Maruti Esteem? I found one!!-dsc00090.jpg  

Want an arm rest for the Maruti Esteem? I found one!!-dsc00091.jpg  

Want an arm rest for the Maruti Esteem? I found one!!-dsc00094.jpg  

Want an arm rest for the Maruti Esteem? I found one!!-dsc00095.jpg  

Want an arm rest for the Maruti Esteem? I found one!!-dsc00096.jpg  

Old 29th August 2010, 21:52   #47
BHPian

I went to the sellers place. I got the part from him to test if it fits. Unfortunately, I didnt know I had to use the extra legs. It seemed too small to fit. Maybe with those extra legs it would fit nicely.

And since the shop was on the terrace, I decided to try some other day. Was feeling too lazy.

I did see that this Unit comes in 2 sizes. And also comes in Black and Grey.
Old 30th August 2010, 07:33   #48
BHPian

Looks interesting.

3 questions:

1. Is installation DIY?
2. Does it come in your way when applying hand brakes?
3. Which model will fit in Maruti esteem. Small one or the large one?

Regards,
Old 30th August 2010, 09:20   #49
BHPian

@ Ramki, It looks like a factory fitted from the front. Looks like you bought the big one. Do you think it'll fit on the figo too (The Big One). I hoping so. The storage space will really come handy. My 3 year old can put all her stuff in it.

How's the quality? Do you suggest I buy it on Ebay.

@ Brix, I was really waiting to see you post the pictures of it on your Figo :(. If I'm not wrong, The guy who sells it on Ebay is the one who has the shop in Ashok Nagar, Correct?. Did you check with him if he has stock? May be I would just go there and get it fixed.
Old 30th August 2010, 09:27   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amohit View Post
Looks interesting.

3 questions:

1. Is installation DIY?
Yes, except when I decided to screw it on to the Center Console, had to drive to an auto shop for help. If you have the appropriate tools for the job, it can be done at home too.
2. Does it come in your way when applying hand brakes?
Nope, the armrest is well clear of the handbrake.
3. Which model will fit in Maruti esteem. Small one or the large one?
Both will, the only difference between the big and the small armrests is the storage space inside.

Regards,
my replies are in bold.
Old 30th August 2010, 09:55   #51
knp
BHPian

I just placed the order in ebay for the beige big model for my i10.
Old 30th August 2010, 14:09   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathew1105 View Post
@ Brix, I was really waiting to see you post the pictures of it on your Figo :(. If I'm not wrong, The guy who sells it on Ebay is the one who has the shop in Ashok Nagar, Correct?. Did you check with him if he has stock? May be I would just go there and get it fixed.
I wanted them too. The eBay site has his number, so go there and meet him directly. He has 3 pieces in stock. So try and see if they fit with those extra legs.

Yes Ashok Nagar 9th Avenue. Some Manthope Colony. Residential area with lots of area to park. The seller lives on the first floor and his goods are on the terrace, so you can see him anytime. He's got tons of other stuff available too. You can check compatibility there itself.
Old 30th August 2010, 14:37   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathew1105 View Post
@ Ramki, It looks like a factory fitted from the front. Looks like you bought the big one. Do you think it'll fit on the figo too (The Big One). I hoping so. The storage space will really come handy. My 3 year old can put all her stuff in it.

How's the quality? Do you suggest I buy it on Ebay.
The quality of the plastic is strictly just OK. It feels solid but it could've been finished a little better. One of my friends drives a Figo ZXI and i do not remember seeing a center console on his car, i may be wrong! But the armrest has to be screwed on to something that can hold it in place, I would suggest you go to this shop and only pick it up if you're sure it can be fixed on the figo.

Yes, i bought the big one and it's very spacious on the inside.

Last edited by raamki : 30th August 2010 at 14:38.
Old 30th August 2010, 14:53   #54
Senior - BHPian

What is the difference between BIG and SMALL . Is there differences in width ,length, height or all ?
Old 30th August 2010, 16:39   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
What is the difference between BIG and SMALL . Is there differences in width ,length, height or all ?
just the storage under the leather padding, in the small one, there is very limited space, image attached, hope it helps. Apart from the storage, everything else including the height/width of the actual product may be similar. If you notice, the bigger armrest has an extended box for storage while the small one (do not have a picture of it) will have a smaller box.
Attached Thumbnails
Want an arm rest for the Maruti Esteem? I found one!!-temp.jpg  

Last edited by raamki : 30th August 2010 at 16:40.
Old 30th August 2010, 16:56   #56
BHPian

The seller currently has both the BIG & SMALL armrests available for sale on EBAY. Check out the images on the appropriate links for difference in sizes.

BIG: eBay India: Universal Car Arm Rest / Hand Rest Big Beige Color (item 180553421713 end time 26-Sep-2010 11:08:26 IST)

SMALL: eBay India: Universal Car Arm Rest / Hand Rest Small Black Color (item 180553420472 end time 26-Sep-2010 11:01:02 IST)

EDIT: Sorry about the back-back postings, my bad. Please merge if possible.

Last edited by raamki : 30th August 2010 at 16:57.
Old 31st August 2010, 19:27   #57
BHPian

@Raamki, wow that looks realy good in the Punto. Wish it would fit in the Fiesta.
Old 14th September 2010, 00:00   #58
BHPian

I got mine installed on my swift from Emperor Accessories at Palarivattom, Cochin. I use it well but I noticed it felt uncomfortable whenver someone else took the car to drive specially taller people specially because it was not movable.

It was the kind that could be screwed into the cup holder just behind the handbrake. I think it costed me around 700 rupees but I purchased it almost 3 years back..
Old 1st December 2010, 18:22   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Hey Amal -- Congrats on getting this done and providing us with the option! Now this [just out of blues] has got into the list of accessories and squeezed it way all upto number 1 position. I keep doing Bangalore - Kottayam or some other highway trips and was sorely missing the arm support. being a 6 footer with long hands and finding the need of just one hand to drive my swift, i use to rest my hand on the gear lever or on the hand brakes. Now i believe, I can be better. i really liked that its wide of 2 guys in the front. And lovely to see its got a storage space as well. All the more better to see its height adjustable and also it doesnt foul with the hand brake [i keep using the hand brake wherever i have to stop for 1-2 mins] my legs start paining to press the clutch and am relaxed while am waiting, with the hand brakes on.

By the way anyone from Bangalore has done this? I see there is a carnation in Bangalore outer ring road -- any feedbacks?

The arm rest in the pic looks of good quality and the fitting looks like a neat job.

I had a similar one fixed on my Esteem, but it was not extendable or height adjustable. It had ample storage space though and was foldable for easy operation of the handbrake.

Check my post here for the contact details of the place in Bangalore where I got it fixed. I paid Rs.1800 about a year ago.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post1672136

Last edited by Kairalee : 1st December 2010 at 18:24.
Old 1st December 2010, 19:29   #60
BHPian

Brix > Can you give me the contact No. of the guy who resides in Manthope colony Ashok nagar bcz i stay very close by, may be i can go there personally and see all the products he has got kindly post his contact No.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks