Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2010, 18:04   #1
BHPian

Fiesta OEM Side Skirts

Guys,

On my way back from work yesterday evening, I saw a white Fiesta DuraTorq Diesel EXi with original (or atleast they seemed) side skirts like those on the Fiesta S. In fact I did not realize it was a Diesel EXi for about a few kilometers. Also I am super sure that they were the original Fiesta S skirts because I stared at them continuously for many kilometers and they looked exactly that Ford gives on the S. The S comes in all colors as well, not just that blue.

I then checked the Ford India Website and the side skirts are not listed in the website as original accessories for Fiesta but they are their for the Ikon and have been available for a long time.

I am interested in getting the original Fiesta S skirts. Anyone knows where to source these from? Does Ford sell them for Fiesta as well but have not updated it on the website. Otherwise where did that white Fiesta get them from? I just love the looks of the Fiesta S.

Thanks a ton for the help bhpians.
Abhinav
Pune
Old 18th August 2010, 19:14   #2
BHPian

If you are in chennai I could suggest a place where you make Fiesta side skirts.

Check my car in the below link.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...as-mods-3.html

These were made by my friend who does body skirts for almost all cars.
Old 19th August 2010, 08:41   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi1309 View Post
white Fiesta DuraTorq Diesel EXi with original (or atleast they seemed) side skirts like those on the Fiesta S.
Hi Abhinav,

By side skirts are you referring to the body moldings on the doors. If so I dont think it is different for S or other Fiesta variants. These moldings come either in body colour or black or with Chome lining. If not then
Old 19th August 2010, 10:40   #4
BHPian

Ghodlur this is a side skirt.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiesta OEM Side Skirts-dsc00053.jpg  

Old 19th August 2010, 10:43   #5
Senior - BHPian

abhi, Ford does not sell the S bodykit other than the spoiler. A dealer will have to provide the VIN # of an S in case a replacement kit is needed. You may still be able to find a crooked dealer who can do it for you.

You could check with your local modification shops to see if they can make a replica. The replica that pr_007's car is using is very good. You could get something similar done in Pune or Bombay if it's difficult to get hold of the OE bodykit.

ghodlur: he is talking about the sports bodykit that comes on the S, not the side strips. Take a look at this pic: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...cn2195-50-.jpg

Last edited by Gilead : 19th August 2010 at 10:44.
Old 19th August 2010, 11:01   #6
Senior - BHPian

@gilead, @yogi,

Thanks for clarifying my doubt.

Looking at the side skirts, are they really useful apart from adding to the asthetic look to the car. Would they hinder the ingress/egress? I think these would look best on S rather than other variants because of its sporty look.

BTW what would be the cost of the S body kit.
Old 19th August 2010, 12:13   #7
BHPian

hi Ghodlur

Recently my friend bought a Fiesta ZXI. He then went to the ford show room and fixed the skirts , spoilers, and the matt black part that comes at the bottom below the boot(Fiesta Sports accessories) . He also added the S alphabet. His car now looks like a fiesta sports edition.

I think you can get it from the showroom itself. It costed him around 27000 i think.
Old 19th August 2010, 13:10   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnu.csk View Post
hi Ghodlur
Recently my friend bought a Fiesta ZXI. He then went to the ford show room and fixed the skirts , spoilers, and the matt black part that comes at the bottom below the boot(Fiesta Sports accessories) . He also added the S alphabet. His car now looks like a fiesta sports edition.
I think you can get it from the showroom itself. It costed him around 27000 i think.
Does the entire spares come as a body kit as referred by Gilead? This has given me some food for thinking.

Is it that easy to walk into Ford showroom and get you hands on the body kit. As per Gilead one has to quote the VIN no to get it.

@ Vishnu - Does your friends car have two variant badges i.e ZXi and S?

Last edited by ghodlur : 19th August 2010 at 13:11.
Old 19th August 2010, 13:33   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnu.csk View Post
He might as well as bought the S. Your friend's car is still missing the following.

- Smoked headlights
- S instrument panel
- S exhaust

That will complete the cosmetic transformation. EDIT: And ask him to put 15 inch S alloys as well if he has not done so already. The body kit will look weird on the ZXi's 14" steel wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Is it that easy to walk into Ford showroom and get you hands on the body kit. As per Gilead one has to quote the VIN no to get it.
It's not officially available, but I like I mentioned above, some dealers will find a way to sell it to you.

Last edited by Gilead : 19th August 2010 at 13:40.
Old 19th August 2010, 13:35   #10
BHPian

Hi Ghodlur

He has actually removed the ZXI badge. Now he has only S badge.
Old 19th August 2010, 16:28   #11
BHPian

@Pr_007

Yours is an awesome looking Fiesta dude. The smoked lights are just fantastic and perfect. How is this done?

So I understand these skirts are made to order in Chennai right? How much would these skirts cost? How are they fitted to the car? Is any drilling required? They look better than original by the way.

Hey another thing, which tire size are you running? Are these 205's.
Thanks for your help.

Last edited by abhi1309 : 19th August 2010 at 16:31.
Old 19th August 2010, 16:44   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
He might as well as bought the S. Your friend's car is still missing the following.

- Smoked headlights
- S instrument panel
- S exhaust

That will complete the cosmetic transformation. EDIT: And ask him to put 15 inch S alloys as well if he has not done so already. The body kit will look weird on the ZXi's 14" steel wheels.

It's not officially available, but I like I mentioned above, some dealers will find a way to sell it to you.
Hi Gilead

My friend has got 195x60 R14 5 spoke hyper silver alloys. I asked him to gor for 15 inch but he said that I dont want to compromise on ride quality. Even the person at the shop said the same thing.

He has plans for Exhaust but not now. He is not interested in smoking the headlamps

Last edited by vishnu.csk : 19th August 2010 at 16:46.
Old 19th August 2010, 21:44   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi1309 View Post
@Pr_007

Yours is an awesome looking Fiesta dude. The smoked lights are just fantastic and perfect. How is this done?

So I understand these skirts are made to order in Chennai right? How much would these skirts cost? How are they fitted to the car? Is any drilling required? They look better than original by the way.

Hey another thing, which tire size are you running? Are these 205's.
Thanks for your help.
Thanks dude.

Yes that is a aftermarket body kit. It costed me around 25 for the full kit, i.e all four sides skirts and the lip spoiler that is at the boot lid.

The left and right side skirts are actually screwed to the place where the mud flaps would originally fit in, and the front and the rear skirts are screwed in to the bumper and then a putty is applied where the screw holes are and then painted.

I am running 195/55/15 Yoko S drives. The smoked tail lights are actually black paint with thinner mixed in some ratio. The guy who did the skirts did the front headlight and the tail light painting also.

Last edited by Pr_007 : 19th August 2010 at 21:47.
Old 21st August 2010, 12:43   #14
Senior - BHPian

@Pr, your car is really tempting, it looks ravishing, i really feel low how could i forgot putting a chrome exhaust in my car, will get it today or tomorrow from the aftermarket, since the ford people do not have one,
also i ad a word with the showroom people and they told that the sports body kit comes only with S and will not be available as an additional one, chrome exhaust could be bought outide, and for the spoiler he told me to for the original one since the after market will give rattling noises after sometime,

could anyone tell me how to fetch the original sports side kit and is the original sports spoiler does not create any of the noise issue.
Old 21st August 2010, 13:29   #15
BHPian

The sports spoiler that comes in the S costs much if bought from ford. They charge 12000 rupees for the spoiler that comes in the 1.6s and only this can be bought from them.

You can get a lip spoiler like I did, it gives the car a new appeal. But it is upto your liking.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks