Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2010, 16:30   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by N!Ne-T-N!Ne View Post
Hi everyone,

Can you guys pls let me know which My Shaldan fragrances you use?

I just purchased a My Shaldan - Lemon fragrance from BigBazaar today. The fragrance was original. Unfortunately, I did not like it one bit :( . The smell was too fruit-y, and a little strong too. And because I purchased the Lemon fragrance, the car was reeking of lemon by the time I got home (my 10-year-old cousin actually felt nauseous) :( .

I have generally heard positive feedback on this thread so please let me know which fragrances do you guys prefer. FYI, I have always used Ambi-pur, and they have a "flower-y" line of fragrances as against the fruit-flavoured ones of My Shaldan.
Orange is much better, lime is not. I used 2-3 times. But stopped all of them.

My conscience says, stay away from these "Chemicals" - something isn't good. See my question below, looks no once noticed.
Old 4th October 2010, 23:11   #32
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I too did find the My shaldan to be very strong initially.

Jugaad - What i did to reduce the intensity was to wrap up the top with the plastic cling wrap sheet. (The one used in our kitchens to wrap sandwiches/bowls etc.

After that i opened up a little of it, just a cm & closed the plastic cover.

This has reduced the intensity to a great extent ! No complaints from fellow passengers !

Old 7th October 2010, 18:47   #33
Senior - BHPian

I had a can of Shaldan and I found it to be short lasting and the candle is elevated from the bottom to give a feel of a large portion of the candle stick/fragrance stick. It got over quickly and I feel did not deserve the price tag.
Old 15th February 2011, 12:10   #34
BHPian

re: My Shaldan Car Air Freshener - Genuine v/s Fake - You won't believe this!

Have they launched a Rose fragrance now? Can anyone please confirm? I saw it one shop and interested to know if it is genuine!
Old 15th February 2011, 15:08   #35
BHPian

Hi All
Wanted to ask this query (may sound stupid but really !) why do we need to keep the freshner, is it because of any pure cosmetic value or some real value add ? ( I use only mild ones-Lavender being my fav)

rgds
DP
Old 15th February 2011, 15:27   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Got myself a can of perfume today. 220 for a can. This is a new can.
Attached Thumbnails
My Shaldan Car Air Freshener - Genuine v/s Fake - You won't believe this!-img00222201102151523.jpg  

My Shaldan Car Air Freshener - Genuine v/s Fake - You won't believe this!-img00223201102151523.jpg  

Old 16th February 2011, 12:51   #37
Senior - BHPian

Tell me if I open the lid fully and then cover 2/3rds of the mouth with a cardboard or something, will the fragrance last longer?

I am asking this because with 2/3rds of the mouth covered the evaporation rate will also reduce hence (maybe) making the can last longer. Anyone tried that?
Old 16th February 2011, 12:58   #38
nitin.dangayach

What do you guys think, are these original:

shaldan, Cars Bikes items at low prices on eBay India

I never tried these, so want to give it a shot.

Old 16th February 2011, 13:49   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin.dangayach View Post
What do you guys think, are these original:

shaldan, Cars Bikes items at low prices on eBay India

I never tried these, so want to give it a shot.
The MRP of the item in any shop is Rs 225 hence the risk is not worth taking bcos you would not be saving much.

Regarding these being original, it would be difficult to say by just looking at the pictures. I believe even in the worst case, you are still protected by the "Paisa Pay" policy of ebay.

Last edited by f1fan : 16th February 2011 at 13:54.
Old 16th February 2011, 14:03   #40
nitin.dangayach

Its not about saving money but at the moment this is the only way I can procure this stuff. I've never seen this brand in the local stores.

Seeing all this praise, I wanted to try one.

Also how long does one pack last ?

Old 19th February 2011, 13:28   #41
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Note from Support : Team-BHP STRICTLY prohibits any buy, sell, group buy or group sale offers. DO NOT make any offers, commercial or otherwise, to forum members publicly or via PM.
Old 19th February 2011, 14:52   #42
BHPian

Re: Reason for inverted candle in My Shaldan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashm99 View Post
For any air freshener, the fragrance intensity is proportional to the surface area (the area in contact with the air). By doing this fixture thing, they actually increase the surface area. The gel comes in contact with air not only from the top but also from the bottom, hence providing more fragrance !
I am not able to understand this logic. When you open the can, the gel is exposed to air only at the top. I am not sure how will the bottom be exposed to air?

I still feel the inverted umbrella type part inside is only to make people feel there is lots of air freshner inside.
Old 19th February 2011, 20:29   #43
Senior - BHPian

LOL I got this fancy gel fragnance which smelt nice the first day. Post that it is just sitting there doing nothing. What a sham...

Next time I will only depend on Reliance Mart for all this stuff

Cheers
Old 20th February 2011, 00:24   #44
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (9)

Just picked up Shaldan Citrus form JC Road. I could not remember the details about how to identify the fake one while at the shop but thankfully after checking this thread again, it seems to be the original one. The fragrance hit me with a blast when I opened it but now I hardly notice it after a while.

Picked it up for 170. I am certain 160 would have been possible but I did not give the tough look when I quoted the figure and he repeated his adamant stance. Then even as the shopkeeper was adamant about the 180 price, I fished out exact change in 170 and walked away with it.

The other part I wanted to mention, is that the shop owners have a family trait - of being endowed with a "hasmuskh chehra" and attitude. I tell you it is a blessing!! Reminded me of a cutting edge book on genetics about how attitude, emotions and environment can influences genes and this was a clear case and example of how it runs in the family from Father to Son. I noticed the trait in both and complimented them about it as I left. It was very very heartening and inspiring to see their personality. How I wish the whole lot of Indian population was gifted with that demeanor. Life would be so wonderful if the man on the street displayed a similar demeanor!

Now let me make locating this shop a "treasure hunt" for all future visitors. The only clue I will give is they have a holographic photo of the HAJ/Mecca on the left wall.

I am wary about chemicals so if this product is truly natural, I will stick to it.

Cheers

Last edited by Ragul : 20th February 2011 at 00:29.
Old 20th February 2011, 01:00   #45
Senior - BHPian

The smell is pretty strong for the first few days if you keep it open constantly

To preserve the smell, what I used to do was, close it and put it in the glovebox, and then when I leave the car for a long time, open it up. Also, ensure you dont leave it exposed to sun light. It looses its effect faster

Most Viewed