Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2011, 18:42   #91
BHPian

re: My Shaldan Car Air Freshener - Genuine v/s Fake - You won't believe this!

The seller contacted me and tried to convince me that the fake shaldan is as good as the real one. He also seems to have received another negative feedback on selling a fake shaldan product. He said that I could keep the fake one and that he would send across a genuine product. Also, he knows about this thread on teambhp.

My advice: stick to buying the product from reputed brick & mortar stores.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
Where can i get one of these in chennai?
How much will it cost?
Which flavor smells the best?
I have used a few car fresheners, but nothing to my liking.
I want something very mild. Is this the right choice?

The shaldan neo is available at the EA big bazaar. I found it out today and purchased the orange fragrance for Rs 249/- .

Last edited by hajaar : 24th July 2011 at 18:43.
hajaar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th July 2011, 22:18   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick79 View Post
Still trying to figure out the stores. Guys any info on the availability in Pimpri Chinchwad / Aundh in Pune, Pls let me know.
Looking for the older version of My Shaldan and not the new one.
Hi Maverick, you may try Siddhi Car Care and Decore on JM Road. Just yesterday only, I had been to them and noticed a range of these products on shelves.
Actually I haven't tried any air-fresheners, happened to read this thread just couple of days back and again seeing them in store reminded me of visiting this thread again!
iSpoke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2011, 12:28   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSpoke View Post
Hi Maverick, you may try Siddhi Car Care and Decore on JM Road. Just yesterday only, I had been to them and noticed a range of these products on shelves.
Actually I haven't tried any air-fresheners, happened to read this thread just couple of days back and again seeing them in store reminded me of visiting this thread again!
Thank you iSpoke. I was correct in guessing it would be available in Siddhi, JM road. I was actually looking for a stores in and around PCMC or Aundh as going to JM road only for this doesn't make sense. Anyways, it seems to be the last and only option.
Before that, need to check with 'Car Art' near the Big Bazaar in Pimpri. I feel he too has good collection as I vaguely remember, when I was scouting for seat covers some 3 months back from him.
Old 30th July 2011, 20:19   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hajaar View Post
The seller contacted me and tried to convince me that the fake shaldan is as good as the real one. He also seems to have received another negative feedback on selling a fake shaldan product. He said that I could keep the fake one and that he would send across a genuine product. Also, he knows about this thread on teambhp.

My advice: stick to buying the product from reputed brick & mortar stores.

The shaldan neo is available at the EA big bazaar. I found it out today and purchased the orange fragrance for Rs 249/- .

I received the genuine product from the seller yesterday. There is definitely a huge difference in the way the original smells as opposed to the duplicate.
Old 19th September 2011, 15:49   #95
BHPian

Here it is. I got mine delivered on Sat through Blue Dart courier.
Finally booked it on ebay for Rs.189+20 as handling charges.
Pls find the pics of the same below. Pls ignore the poor quality of the snaps. Took them from my 2 MP camera.

The packing,

My Shaldan Car Air Freshener - Genuine v/s Fake - You won't believe this!-img00009201109171802.jpg

The instructions on the pack.
My Shaldan Car Air Freshener - Genuine v/s Fake - You won't believe this!-img00012201109171803.jpg
My Shaldan Car Air Freshener - Genuine v/s Fake - You won't believe this!-img00014201109171803.jpg
My Shaldan Car Air Freshener - Genuine v/s Fake - You won't believe this!-img00015201109171804.jpg
My Shaldan Car Air Freshener - Genuine v/s Fake - You won't believe this!-img00018201109171806.jpg
The Vendor details and the bill
My Shaldan Car Air Freshener - Genuine v/s Fake - You won't believe this!-img00017201109171805.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
My Shaldan Car Air Freshener - Genuine v/s Fake - You won't believe this!-img00013201109171803.jpg  

My Shaldan Car Air Freshener - Genuine v/s Fake - You won't believe this!-img00020201109171810.jpg  

My Shaldan Car Air Freshener - Genuine v/s Fake - You won't believe this!-img00021201109171810.jpg  

My Shaldan Car Air Freshener - Genuine v/s Fake - You won't believe this!-img00022201109171811.jpg  

Old 24th September 2011, 20:28   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
Where can i get one of these in chennai?
How much will it cost?
Which flavor smells the best?
I have used a few car fresheners, but nothing to my liking.
I want something very mild. Is this the right choice?
I got mine at Haute Car Zone, OMR. Cost was Rs. 225. I personally like the Lime or Lemon flavors.
Old 25th September 2011, 13:57   #97
Senior - BHPian

Got a peach (Neo) fragrance shaldan from Big bazar for 249 bucks.I checked it for the tell tale signs of a fake product mentioned here but was not able to spot any.The box had a hologram etc but the color of the same was slightly whitish which i am not sure is characterstic for the peach fragrance.I also found the fragrance to be slighlty mild which i don't mind and is just the way i want it.I kept it inside the center console of the civic and have wrapped a thin and transparent plastic bag around the tin with a small cut in it.
Old 28th September 2011, 17:03   #98
BHPian

During my recent visit to Reliance Autozone Tolichowky Hyderabad, i saw a Good collection of Car Air Fresheners with them

For last few months I am using Dr. Marcus' "Ocean'' ( Rs 299/-) very pleasing fragrance

Last edited by Night_Hawk : 28th September 2011 at 17:07.
Old 28th September 2011, 18:00   #99
Senior - BHPian

I picked one (Shaldan) up from a mall in Mulund. The mall only had the Rose flavour in stock. Since I liked it I bought one for a friend as well. Am now thinking of buying a couple more, one for the other car and one for another friend.

It is a good gift item too!
Old 13th October 2011, 12:26   #100
BHPian

I purchased one during the Times Auto show in Pune from Reliance Automart stall for Rs. 200/- (@10% discount).

Its genuine. They had only 4 options. Lime/ Orange/ Rose and Squash.

I have purchase squash to find out what it is as I had already tried lime and Orange and Rose is not of my liking. I found it to be good and refreshing.

Still we get it bit costly. Last year I picked up pack of 2 in Dubai at carrefour for AED 16. that is approx Rs. 208. That is half the price we pay in India.
Old 13th October 2011, 17:02   #101
BHPian

I picked up a pack of 8 My Shaldan fragrances from xstatic.concepts in ebay. I had a 5% off voucher and hence the cost of these tins came to 185/ only!
Old 13th October 2011, 17:19   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANPUSH View Post
I purchased one during the Times Auto show in Pune from Reliance Automart stall for Rs. 200/- (@10% discount).

I have purchase squash to find out what it is as I had already tried lime and Orange and Rose is not of my liking. I found it to be good and refreshing.

Still we get it bit costly. Last year I picked up pack of 2 in Dubai at carrefour for AED 16. that is approx Rs. 208. That is half the price we pay in India.
Canpush,
Have Reliance Automart started their stores in Pune other than their Auto show stint?
I tried hard to find one two months ago and finally bought it from ebay for Rs.189/-( + Rs.20/- courier).
Tried the lime one and liked it.
Old 14th October 2011, 21:03   #103
BHPian

Maverick79,

Yes, Reliance Automart has started store in Pune. It is located at Mukundnagar on the main road itself, on left hand side as you go from Laxmi-Narayan junction.

I have not visited but the pamphlet they distributed in the exhibition states that address.

Last edited by CANPUSH : 14th October 2011 at 21:05. Reason: add a missing character in spelling
Old 14th October 2011, 22:00   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANPUSH View Post

Yet to use, but would like to try My Shaldon Car Air Freshner, just checking ... noticed MyShaldan Apple (not the Neo one), is it genuine or the 04 options mentioned are the only ones available ?
Recently noticed this brand is available with some discounts at 199/- here at Pune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick79 View Post
Canpush,
Have Reliance Automart started their stores in Pune other than their Auto show stint?
I tried hard to find one two months ago and finally bought it from ebay for Rs.189/-( + Rs.20/- courier).
Yes it is already available, Reliance Mart @ Kharadi, they stock everything related to Cars - from floor mats, tires, alloy wheels, car care products, seat covers to Navigation System.

Last edited by AvonA7 : 14th October 2011 at 22:01.
AvonA7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2011, 12:00   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post
Yet to use, but would like to try My Shaldon Car Air Freshner, just checking ... noticed MyShaldan Apple (not the Neo one), is it genuine or the 04 options mentioned are the only ones available ?
@AvonA7,

Yes Apple is part of their regular fresheners. There are 7 options in My Shaldon as I know - Lime, Lemon, Orange, Squash, Rose, Apple, Herb and Sweet.. something (I do not remember exact name).

I have tried Lime, Lemon, Orange and now Squash. Next time I wish to try Apple or Herb if they are available.

They all are nice. I for the first time bought them in Dubai 8 years ago as they were not liquid and not readily available in India. I had bad experience with liquid as they need to be firmly planted in car else they spill and spoil. My previous car (Palio) did not had any flat surface on dashboard and once I tried Ambi pour which fell down and spoiled my carpet.

With My Shaldon, convenience is - you can place the can anywhere, even below the seat if no other place is available and there is no worry of spilling.
CANPUSH is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks