Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2010, 12:06   #1
BHPian

My Shaldan Car Air Freshener - Genuine v/s Fake - You won't believe this!

I am a huge fan of My Shaldan Air Freshener (Made in Japan). Thankfully, its now available in India. Anyone who has used it would sware by the lovely strong natural fragrance. Simply put, its the best !

Recently, I noticed some fakes in the market and thought of contributing to Team Bhp by raising an alert and identifying how to spot the original v/s fake. The fake is almost a replica of the original from the outside, except when it is opened. The fake has a terrible stinky fragrance whereas the original is a sheer delight..

So guys be careful when you go to buy. Or better still buy from Big Bazaar, Spar, Total, Metro or Hypercity if you have a doubt...

Happy Motoring..
Attached Thumbnails
My Shaldan Car Air Freshener - Genuine v/s Fake - You won't believe this!-2.jpg  

My Shaldan Car Air Freshener - Genuine v/s Fake - You won't believe this!-3.jpg  

Attached Images

ashm99 is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 30th August 2010, 13:07   #2
Senior - BHPian

OMG,

I need to be careful when I buy the next one. I have been using My Shaldon for the past 8 months or so ever since I got my Fiesta and have been impressed by the fragrance and lasting times.

I normally buy the can from either Hypercity or BigBazaar. Would be surprised if they sold fakes, will be keeping a close eye on the fakes. Thanks a lot for the early warnings.
Old 30th August 2010, 13:13   #3
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for eye opener. Will keep an eye when I visit those malls next time.
Old 30th August 2010, 13:31   #4
Team-BHP Support

How long does the fragrance from this last? I stopped buying Ambipur after it hardly lasted a week despite there being more than half the contents remaining. I did think about Shaldan air freshner, but wanted to know how long it would last, before actually buying one.

As for the fakes, thanks for the heads up!
Old 30th August 2010, 14:07   #5
BHPian

Thanks for the headsup. Im also an avid user of my shaldon freshners. Theyre the best.
Old 30th August 2010, 14:16   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Now, that is a HUGE difference. Thanks for letting us know.

@benny, I agree that some ambipur flavors last surprisingly less. but then, I have used some flavors which lasted for about a month, and mind you, its about 3k of running with 90% AC on. So normally, I guess it should last for about 2 months. Also I'v heard that there are lots of fakes in Ambipur. No idea how to differentiate them.
Old 30th August 2010, 14:19   #7
BHPian

Thanks for keeping us informed. I have been using My Shaldan since the past couple of months and have been happy with the product.
Old 30th August 2010, 14:32   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for the info. My Shaldan is the best one that is available. The smell is really good and not irritating like others.
Old 30th August 2010, 14:38   #9
Senior - BHPian

I am using My Shaldan in my car and it it lasts around 45 days. Thanks for the information, will check next time.
Old 30th August 2010, 14:41   #10
Senior - BHPian

@ ashm99, thanks for the info. Actually I'm in search of a good car air freshener with natural fragrance and I think this is one which might suit my liking.I will pick up one from Big Bazaar.

Last edited by HammerHead : 30th August 2010 at 14:42.
Old 30th August 2010, 14:46   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
How long does the fragrance from this last?
Quote:
I did think about Shaldan air freshner, but wanted to know how long it would last, before actually buying one.
Yes, me too want to know about this. I hope the price is Rs 225 for "My Shaldan"

Quote:
I stopped buying Ambipur after it hardly lasted a week despite there being more than half the contents remaining.
Thanks Ben for sharing as I've been thinking about ambipur for quite sometime. Thanks for the warning.

@Ashm99 - Thanks for the heads-up & educating us on identifying the fake ones. Hope the morons who makes the fake ones don't read this
Old 30th August 2010, 14:49   #12
BHPian

HYD guys -- Where can i buy this in HYD (locations close to Madhapur if possible) and what is the price?
Old 30th August 2010, 18:10   #13
BHPian

Xbox360...in one of the pics I see that company MRP is 225 so if at all its available in Hyd then it should me more or less same price and if its available in Big Bazaar and Hypercity...it has to be there at similar places at Hyd too...

Try the Hypercity mall at Inorbit at Hitec City
Old 30th August 2010, 18:19   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Benny, I have always found My Shaldan to be strong.

I have picked up a can of " Tahoe powder " from " California Scents ". Find it to be pleasantly mild. It's a self evaporating type, and is holding. Supposed to last 2 months, but looks like it'll go further.
Old 30th August 2010, 19:01   #15
BHPian

ghodlur, mjothi - The issue of fake is not there in these malls. The malls sell genuine products. I think it is only at some car accessory outlets.

condor - I agree..California Scents Tahoe Powder is also great, a bit mild though..It lasts for an eternity..

If some car accessory fellow is selling fake product (like the one illustrated) or is overcharging (Ive heard some remove the label and sell it for as high as 350 bucks !), pls go & throw back the fake product on his face, like I did ! Its a pity that just for a few rupees more, some car accessory dealers are shameless enough to cheat their customers and sell fake products.

Most Viewed