Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2010, 18:14   #1
BHPian

Please be Warned: Sparkle Car Spa @ Forum and Garuda Mall Bangalore.

Hi All,

I just wanted to warn everyone on the pathetic polishing job done by Sparkle Car Spa based out of Forum and Garuda Malls in Bangalore.

I've been using their cleaning services on my Lancer for a while now and everytime the sales person would try and persuade me into getting a full polish job done for my car. I promptly refused since the car was recently painted and did not require a polish.

Recently, I've been having some trouble with kids in the neighbourhood intentionally scratching the car. The bonnet was ridden with such scratches and I was thinking of a polish or touch up by the original painter.

I hate dirty interiors and ensure that the car interiors are cleaned every other day. I go with a complete interior job by a professional every two/three months. The weekend when I took it to Sparkle for the customary interior cleaning, they convinced me to get the polish job done.

They promised that the car will look as if its just out of the showroom.

The cost was Rs.2500 for the complete job excluding interior cleaning. I even paid an extra 200 bucks to the supervisor so that he will oversee the job himself and have the work done as if it were his own car.

The work was to take two hours. I stayed around for an hour or so and watched them work, convincing the guys to ensure that the job is pristine. And let me tell you, these guys are not professionally trained men. They're kids with a uniform and probably high on sugar! I was a little concerned but was assured of their best service. They asked me to get on with my shopping and promised that they'd be done by the time I was back. Reluctantly I left to finish my shopping.

An hour later, I returned and they said the work would take another hour. I agreed. Looked around the car. It had some sort of white dust all over it. I asked a few questions, repeated the "handle with care" instructions and left.

Returned in an hour and saw the car. There was only a couple of overhead flourescent tubes and the car looked fine. Nothing extraordinary, just clean. It did not shine the way I hoped it would.

Boy was I in for a surprise the next morning! My dad asked me if I took the car for a wash. He felt that the soap had not been washed off properly. I was confused. Maybe it rained the previous night. Maybe the mischievous kids poured something. I was to find out soon!

I got up, showered and got ready for work. Went down the stairs to where the car was parked and my jaw dropped!

I know that that you guys are expecting the worst cause of my not so subtle title to this thread and believe me when I say, its worse than you can imagine! The entire car has lost its gleam! Light reflects haphazardly as if the car was straightened out after a tumble! There are white bits everywhere! and I mean everywhere! The beadings are all whitened now! The markings on the lights, indicators etc have white stuff all over them! The bonnet looks as if someone spilled milk and it wasnt washed off properly! You can actually see the buff machine marks everywhere! These guys literally rubbed half the paint off!

I called them up and the guy said that he will get it fixed with a good discount! I was just seething with anger! They mess my car up and now has the audacity to ask me to cough up more money so that they can fix it! Frankly, multiple horror stories about how people do business in India came to mind! I just gave up, thanked him for all the help and hung up.

I had the car washed multiple times to see if the white marks would go away. The place where I get my car pressure washed, was aghast at seeing what happened! They said that using shampoo may help get most of it out. I tried and while the beadings became slightly dark, that was about it. The only way out I guess I have is to get my original painter gauge the damage and give me a quote! At least 30% of the car would require a recoat and an extensive rub and polish.

Please dont get me wrong. These guys do a brilliant interior cleaning job. But please dont let em get their dirty mitts on your car's paint!

I am going to try rubbing and polishing myself this weekend. I will have to do this at my office car park since I dont have proper parking at my current home. I'm shifting first week of next month and the new house has ample parking for two cars!

If you guys know of any better way to get it back to normal, Please advise. I have another round of toothpick war with the white deposits later this evening. What hell.

I know several of you will want to see pics. Honestly I did not have the heart to click any. I'm sure most of you will know what I mean.

Just when I was falling in love all over again!

Tassem.

Last edited by Tassem : 30th August 2010 at 18:31.
Tassem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2010, 18:35   #2
Senior - BHPian

Yikes!! I had gone for their nearly complete package almost an year back and i guess i was lucky to come out without a scratch. I did notice some white residue in the vents in the front bumper and very few white spots that got removed easily though.

In fact, someone had pm'ed me couple of days back asking for their contact details. I am now glad i didnt reply to the pm. I am sure he would also be feeling that way, unless he got the details elsewhere.

Can you post some pictures of your car? Saw your garage and the car looks a stunner.
Old 30th August 2010, 18:38   #3
BHPian

Yeah Amitoj, I'm glad you did not share their info or recommend for the polish.

I havent clicked any pics yet. Its just so disheartening to see the work! I will click a couple and post tomorrow.

Thanks for reading.
Old 30th August 2010, 20:23   #4
BHPian

Tassem - This is really unfortunate, please do post some pics so the right advice can be given to you, from your description it seems to be buffer swirls. What type of machine did they use on your car ? Any idea what products they used ?

If the scratches are not too deep & havent gotten too much into the clear coat, they can be removed with Meguiar's Ultimate compound, followed by some Swirl X. What brand are you planning to use & which type of applicator pads ?

Btw, INR 2,500 is way too much, you could have got an entire surface treatment with better products !

Thanks for sharing , there are so many so called detailing centres in Bangalore who have absolutely no clue about surface treatment. The general awareness about such centres needs to be improved to the general public so they dont end up having such unfortunate experiences.
Old 30th August 2010, 21:01   #5
BHPian

Hey Nirmal,

Thanks for your reply. Well there are buffer swirls. A lot of it! The entire area where the buffer passed through looks milky and reflects light in a funny diluted manner. My car used to have a liquid look after the paintjob up until the day this polish was done.

The machine they used was a handheld buffer. I have no idea of the applicator attachment type (brush?) or the products. The product used was from an unmarked bottle.

One of the scratches require a paintjob as somebody keyed the car. Its deep and will not go with rubbing/polishing.

I dont have any idea on what products to use. I am currently researching. Once I move to my new place by the end of this month, I would have a dedicated parking and hence can try out my options. Do tell me what products work for you and where you sourced it from.

I just had to share this because several of us would fall for the convenience factor which they advertise. Its almost no wait time since the customers would be shopping in the mall while the work is done.

Thanks again.
Old 30th August 2010, 22:01   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassem View Post
Hey Nirmal,

Thanks for your reply. Well there are buffer swirls. A lot of it! The entire area where the buffer passed through looks milky and reflects light in a funny diluted manner. My car used to have a liquid look after the paintjob up until the day this polish was done.

The machine they used was a handheld buffer. I have no idea of the applicator attachment type (brush?) or the products. The product used was from an unmarked bottle.

One of the scratches require a paintjob as somebody keyed the car. Its deep and will not go with rubbing/polishing.

I dont have any idea on what products to use. I am currently researching. Once I move to my new place by the end of this month, I would have a dedicated parking and hence can try out my options. Do tell me what products work for you and where you sourced it from.

I just had to share this because several of us would fall for the convenience factor which they advertise. Its almost no wait time since the customers would be shopping in the mall while the work is done.

Thanks again.
Wow this is really bad to hear. I saw your garage pics and the lancer looks great! I was planning to visit Sparkle but now i will run miles away from them.

I think I have the link to a website that can give u a idea in the clearing up job that might require.
2006 Acura TL in Nighthawk Black Pearl (part 1) – Detailed Image
Old 30th August 2010, 22:40   #7
BHPian

Hey Motomaverick,

Thanks for the link. I'm going to try something similar once I move into the new place. The car has maybe 1/6 of the shine you see in the pics. I'm so bummed out!

I will be getting a touch up / recoat done before I move. After that I'll never let anyone get within a mile of it with a buffer in hand!
Old 3rd September 2010, 11:54   #8
BHPian

Really Sorry to hear what Car Sparkle did to your car! There is a lot of information on this site regarding car polishing/waxing/detailing including product reviews and how-to's. Do check them before you proceed.

Thanks for the heads-up to this community! I too have often been tempted to drop the car there for a quick wash and shine but somehow have also backed out at the last minute. I just couldn't leave my car unattended in the hands of some 16 yr old.
Old 4th September 2010, 14:58   #9
Senior - BHPian

Hi Tassem, sorry to see this, I had seen your post on how you had got your car custom painted at a garage (in Koramangala, I think). Was looking stunning at the time ! But I hope they had done the paint job properly as per the correct procedure, in the first place.

Probably you could go back to them for another final coat and re-polish
Old 4th September 2010, 15:22   #10
BHPian

Hi Tassem,

That's really sad, I wanted just the exteriors to be cleaned (2nd Sept 2010) but they kept insisting for a complete polish work. Which I firmly denied, they showed me a demo too but I didn't change my mind, After hearing your story (may be the first) Iam happy on my decision.

As far as exterior cleaning is concerned they did a pretty good job. My car looks much cleaner even today.
Old 23rd September 2010, 13:26   #11
BHPian

how long ago did you have the car painted prior to having it polished? from what you're describing and if i'm reading right, i wouldn't be surprised if they burned through your clear coat by using both improper equipment and technique. fresh paint remains soft for quite a bit of time till it fully cures. although it can happen to properly cured paint as well, it's just that much easier on a fresh paint job. unfortunately the only cure at this point would be a re paint.
Old 6th October 2010, 15:14   #12
BHPian

Had been to Mantri Square y'day and was caught by them (Sparkle Car Spa people). As my car was in desperate need of interior wash, gave it to them. And now after reading your post, I feel fortunate that I didn't ask them to do a outside polish.

Quote:
These guys do a brilliant interior cleaning job.
Am happy with the wash quality. Since it was late evening and basement, I couldn't take PICs.
But, there is a watermark in the roof. He said it will go once the car dries-up. Need to check today.

Quote:
the sales person would try and persuade me into getting a full polish job done for my car.
He was pushing me so hard for the full polish. He even gave a demo on the C-pillar.
The package contains a polish job(around Rs.1800/- and UV protection quoting(Rs.546/-)

EDIT:
Actually, that portion looks amazingly clean and new.
I am getting tempted.

Last edited by ch.nathan : 6th October 2010 at 15:22.
Old 26th June 2014, 01:06   #13
BHPian

Re: Please be Warned: Sparkle Car Spa @ Forum and Garuda Mall Bangalore.

Hi guys,

I know, its a very old post, but even I was looking for a Car wash center near Forum/Adugodi. I don't want to go for polishing or stuff as I take my car to Hyundai ASS for a 'beautification pack' every 4-5 months. They charge around 2k for that, but its worth it. Anyway, I was looking for a place where I could get my car exterior (and maybe interior) cleaned every alternate week.

Do you guys happen to know if Sparkle Car Spa is still in business? I didn't see them in Forum.

Thanks in advance..
Old 26th June 2014, 11:45   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Please be Warned: Sparkle Car Spa @ Forum and Garuda Mall Bangalore.

I havent seen them in forum for a while actually.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks