Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2009, 22:38   #1516
BHPian

@adi99 - isn't moving the battery n all a tedious enough project?? i mean is it actually feasible?? moreover, a k&n filter can be removed before service (to avoid voiding the warranty) but the service walas are likely to notice a displaced battery, dontcha think??!!
Apollo rules! (is a damn neater sight too!!)

@Blur - you would get more realistic results if you supplement it with more modifications... try a FFE but i guess economy would go for a toss then...

Hey is turbocharging a good option?? i mean , i don't reckon it upsets the economy or anything... can it be done?? like the swift diesel is already TC'd.....
Old 30th January 2009, 01:04   #1517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenik View Post
@adi99 - isn't moving the battery n all a tedious enough project?? i mean is it actually feasible?? moreover, a k&n filter can be removed before service (to avoid voiding the warranty) but the service walas are likely to notice a displaced battery, dontcha think??!!
Apollo rules! (is a damn neater sight too!!)
Not sure about the feasibility, but as I said I have seen several here and when I asked them, they were happy with it. I asked the service guys here few months ago about CAI with K&N conical filter, it does not void the warranty as told to me. I guess it again depends on the relationship you have with them. Anyways I am not saying conical filter is better than apollo, was just suggesting a cheaper option.
Old 30th January 2009, 13:22   #1518
BHPian

thats how I placed my filter! all you got to do is flip the plastic battery tray and get longer battery clamp bolts. The clamp ends up clamping off the center of the bat. but hasn't given me any trouble. And no Service guy has ever asked me why ive pushed the battery back ever, don't think that should be a problem. Definately better than any other location i could find. Couldn't afford appolo would be a good option but i dont think would give too much of a gain OVER this setup.

@adi99 I was informed by M.A.S.S that it does indeed void warranty, so I remove it before every service! its a 10 minute job anyways so doesn't really bother me!
Old 30th January 2009, 17:01   #1519
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys,
Can someone please confirm the bulb size for the Stock Swift Fog Lamps ? Will it take in H3 or H7 ?
Old 30th January 2009, 17:03   #1520
Senior - BHPian

The swift fog lamps use H8 bulbs.
Old 30th January 2009, 18:23   #1521
BHPian

FH you can also use H11 in place of H8.
Old 30th January 2009, 18:58   #1522
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_vdi View Post
FH you can also use H11 in place of H8.
I know. But there are some after-market projector lamps available.. wanted to know if H3/H7 fits without doing any jugaad.

Edit: This is the Link

H7 12V LED HALO RING PROJECTOR LIGHTS Fog Lamp -WHITE - eBay Other Lights, Indicators, Lights, Indicators, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 10-Feb-09 05:18:59 AEDST)

These are not specific to the Suzuki Swift. So was wondering about the same.

Last edited by Fountainheader : 30th January 2009 at 19:02.
Old 30th January 2009, 20:02   #1523
BHPian

FH it might require some modification in the fog lamp housing. you can measure the size of the stock fog and compare. also screwing this projector to the bumper might be tough because there is no provision provided for that.
the big black dots are screws that hold the fog lamp to the bumper. its not there on the projector in the link.

Name:  untitled.bmp
Views: 4921
Size:  66.8 KB

have you asked blueraven regarding the same? i guess you did right?

Last edited by white_vdi : 30th January 2009 at 20:13.
Old 30th January 2009, 23:03   #1524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Umm..I dont know wether to put these pics here or in the wierd thread.
Anyways,
Have a laugh!!
Sure looks weird, the mud flaps are also not aligned properly.
BTW, are the pics taken at tilak bridge, Dadar?
Old 31st January 2009, 16:33   #1525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed0mania View Post
thats how I placed my filter! all you got to do is flip the plastic battery tray and get longer battery clamp bolts. The clamp ends up clamping off the center of the bat. but hasn't given me any trouble. And no Service guy has ever asked me why ive pushed the battery back ever, don't think that should be a problem. Definately better than any other location i could find. Couldn't afford appolo would be a good option but i dont think would give too much of a gain OVER this setup.

@adi99 I was informed by M.A.S.S that it does indeed void warranty, so I remove it before every service! its a 10 minute job anyways so doesn't really bother me!
Yes. I feel this is the cheap and best option. But regarding the warranty, I again asked one of the customer service manager and the works manager at two different M.A.S.S in Bangalore, Both told me to go ahead with this setup and it does not void the warranty. They told me as long as you dont modify your engine, there is no problem.
Old 31st January 2009, 23:40   #1526
BHPian

Hi Guys, again going back to my question.. which somewhere got lost i suppose. What is the best option for a SWIFT. K&N induction kit? GREEN induction kit? as far as the K&N website suggestion by the manufacturer/ model is concerned they suggest 57i series induction kit. what has been so far the ideal choice on CAI for a petrol SWIFT.
Need this advice just so i go in for the right option rather to get confused and carried away with what the dealers here can offer.
Old 9th February 2009, 23:23   #1527
Senior - BHPian

Spotted this swift in Saket ,stock wheels are spoiling the look.
Attached Thumbnails
Swift Mods : Post all queries / pics of Swift Modifications here.-dsc00923.jpg  

Old 9th February 2009, 23:27   #1528
Senior - BHPian

Damn! Sport bumper with stock footwear ?

Or maybe the alloys/tyres are in transit. Any idea if only the front grille without the Suzuki logo is available ?
Old 9th February 2009, 23:33   #1529
BHPian

thats from swift sports. this wont do the already low GC of swift any good.

FH i dont think a stock grill is available without the "S". IMO a better option would be getting a mesh grill.

Last edited by white_vdi : 9th February 2009 at 23:36.
Old 9th February 2009, 23:36   #1530
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_vdi View Post
thats from swift sports. this wont do the already low GC of swift any good.
After the biking incident, I have NO plans whatsover to even think about the Swift Sport bumpers!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks