Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2009, 17:58   #1651
BHPian

IMHO those roof mounting lamps spoil the entire look and also the scoop on the hood.

He could have placed the roof mounted lights the lower side of the front bumper instead.Hmm

Any way the car looks awesome.

I think there are many digital meters in the cabin also.

Last edited by jithudigitised : 2nd August 2009 at 18:00.
Old 4th August 2009, 14:24   #1652
BHPian

In order to have the Steering Mounted Controls, can we swap the Steering of Swift Dzire VXi with the Steering of Swift Dzire ZXI without any major electrical changes ?
Old 4th August 2009, 14:46   #1653
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharma_sanjeevi View Post
In order to have the Steering Mounted Controls, can we swap the Steering of Swift Dzire VXi with the Steering of Swift Dzire ZXI without any major electrical changes ?
The steering wheel of the Swift/Dzire ZXi also contains the drivers airbag. Instead you could try the "Universal remote" or something.

Its no big deal. I've lost the controls post upgrading the HU. I dont miss it that much now.. nor that I have any choice
Old 4th August 2009, 15:42   #1654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
The steering wheel of the Swift/Dzire ZXi also contains the drivers airbag. Instead you could try the "Universal remote" or something.

Its no big deal. I've lost the controls post upgrading the HU. I dont miss it that much now.. nor that I have any choice
Hi Foutainheader,

Thanks for the response, but a wierd thought, that cant the space for the Airbag left as it is & only the Control Button wiring can be connected to the Music System. It may sound bit wierd but is it possible ?

Yes, the Universal Steering Remote can also be considered.
Old 5th August 2009, 22:48   #1655
BHPian

My new alloys

Hi guys, check out the new alloys that I put on my 3 yr old swift

I know these r not the best alloys and tyres but then I had a limited budget and had to change in an emergency as 2 of my original (165 section) tyres were damaged and rains had started. I'm quite happy with the performance and looks of these.

BTW, these r Goodyear GT3s 195/60/15 on Plati alloys.

For more pics see this post
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ml#post1417949
Attached Thumbnails
Swift Mods : Post all queries / pics of Swift Modifications here.-plati5.jpg  

Old 6th August 2009, 22:52   #1656
BHPian

Quote:

Fountainheader - At least in New Delhi, Sanjay at Auto Marc gets the steering mounted controls in the Swift ZXi/SX4 Zxi to work even with upgraded head units. He does this with a new 'interface box'. I've seen it working on his own SX4. Maybe you can ask around for this?
Old 7th August 2009, 10:36   #1657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynomite View Post
Fountainheader - At least in New Delhi, Sanjay at Auto Marc gets the steering mounted controls in the Swift ZXi/SX4 Zxi to work even with upgraded head units. He does this with a new 'interface box'. I've seen it working on his own SX4. Maybe you can ask around for this?
So this means that, i can have the steering mounted controls working with the Stock HU of Dzire if i swap the Steering Wheel of VXI from ZXI good news.

Dynamite, Can you share more info on the Interface Box.
Old 7th August 2009, 10:54   #1658
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So this means that, i can have the steering mounted controls working with the Stock HU of Dzire if i swap the Steering Wheel of VXI from ZXI good news.

Not sure if he's talking about that.

dynomite,
I am aware of such interfaces. There is a company called PAC Audio which manufactures these SWI (Steering Wheel Interface). But I havent come across anyone who's got it working for the Eclipse HUs. They are available for 47 USD on Amazon. Will get it down from the US very soon and check if it works
Old 7th August 2009, 18:29   #1659
BHPian

Quote:

@sharma_sanjeevi - actually the steering mounted controls are made for the stock HU from the ZXi. You don't need an interface box for that.

The interface box is only needed if you replace the stock HU with a Sony/Pioneer/Alpine/whatever - and you still want the steering controls to work.

Quote:
Not sure if he's talking about that.

dynomite,
I am aware of such interfaces. There is a company called PAC Audio which manufactures these SWI (Steering Wheel Interface). But I havent come across anyone who's got it working for the Eclipse HUs. They are available for 47 USD on Amazon. Will get it down from the US very soon and check if it works
@Fountainheader - You're right. I'm not aware of the other brands that make SWIs, but there are some specific to different cars and brands of head units.
Old 7th August 2009, 18:59   #1660
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@Fountainheader - You're right. I'm not aware of the other brands that make SWIs, but there are some specific to different cars and brands of head units.
Right.

SWI JACK - JVC, Alpine, Clarion & Kenwood
SWI PS - Pioneer & Sony
SWI ECL2 - Eclipse

As mentioned, I plan to get one set from the US for 47 USD. It apparently costs 6500 INR here.
Old 7th August 2009, 19:20   #1661
BHPian

Hey Fountainheader - can you or anyone else help with this?

I had a lot of different questions.

1. Has anyone ever installed the clock and temperature gauge from the Dzire into a Swift? I know it would be possible, but I'm not sure if the temperature gauge would work. I'm also not sure about where to get it from.

2. Are there any headlamps available for the swift with angel eyes and an LED light strip? (LED strip like the Audi A4's headlamps)

3. What are the different kinds of LED tail lamps available? I've seen so many online (see attached photos), but not sure which ones are available here.

4. Finally - can anyone in New Delhi help with the best deal on a set of projector headlamps and LED tail lamps?'
More specifically, how much should I expect to pay for each set and where to buy from?
Attached Thumbnails
Swift Mods : Post all queries / pics of Swift Modifications here.-led-tail-type-1.jpg  

Swift Mods : Post all queries / pics of Swift Modifications here.-led-tail-type-2.jpg  

Swift Mods : Post all queries / pics of Swift Modifications here.-led-tail-type-3.jpg  

Swift Mods : Post all queries / pics of Swift Modifications here.-led-tail-type-4.jpg  

Swift Mods : Post all queries / pics of Swift Modifications here.-led-tail-type-5.jpg  

Swift Mods : Post all queries / pics of Swift Modifications here.-led-tail-type-6.jpg  

Old 8th August 2009, 23:53   #1662
Senior - BHPian

The projector headlamp rates keep changing and more-over there are many designs available as well. Best places to look for are

1. Performance Zone at Patel Nagar
2. Autozone at Punjabi Bagh
3. Khan Market

I recently saw some very nice tail lamp designs for the Swift at Performance Zone and Autozone. Contact person at Performance Zone is Mr Yatharth and at Autozone is Mr Udit. almost every design is available. Here is a friends swift with the latest Single Projector CCFL D2S projector headlamps
Attached Thumbnails
Swift Mods : Post all queries / pics of Swift Modifications here.-5213_110859131028_547851028_2334972_149098_n.jpg  

Swift Mods : Post all queries / pics of Swift Modifications here.-5213_110859141028_547851028_2334974_2699675_n.jpg  

Swift Mods : Post all queries / pics of Swift Modifications here.-5213_110859146028_547851028_2334975_3432483_n.jpg  

Swift Mods : Post all queries / pics of Swift Modifications here.-5213_110859826028_547851028_2334979_3136714_n.jpg  

Last edited by m4ugr8 : 8th August 2009 at 23:55.
Old 9th August 2009, 11:48   #1663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
The projector headlamp rates keep changing and more-over there are many designs available as well. Best places to look for are

1. Performance Zone at Patel Nagar
2. Autozone at Punjabi Bagh
3. Khan Market

I recently saw some very nice tail lamp designs for the Swift at Performance Zone and Autozone. Contact person at Performance Zone is Mr Yatharth and at Autozone is Mr Udit. almost every design is available. Here is a friends swift with the latest Single Projector CCFL D2S projector headlamps
Wow m4ugr8! Those single projector headlamps do look good. Are these particular ones from Performance Zone or Autozone?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but will the single projector will use a standard H4 dual filament type bulb? That suits me fine, since I already have a pair of H4 6000k Xenon bulbs, and I was wondering what to do with them If I got the dual headlamps.

Is it my imagination or the photography - or is the 'ring' much brighter than the standard dual angel eye types?

Also, I've seen many people complaining about the poor spread/reach of the standard dual angel eye lamps. Could you ask your friend if these are any better? (Also, would you happen to have the price of the headlamps and tail-lamps?)

Thanks for all your help.

cheers.
Old 10th August 2009, 00:30   #1664
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wow m4ugr8! Those single projector headlamps do look good. Are these particular ones from Performance Zone or Autozone?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but will the single projector will use a standard H4 dual filament type bulb? That suits me fine, since I already have a pair of H4 6000k Xenon bulbs, and I was wondering what to do with them If I got the dual headlamps.

Is it my imagination or the photography - or is the 'ring' much brighter than the standard dual angel eye types?

Also, I've seen many people complaining about the poor spread/reach of the standard dual angel eye lamps. Could you ask your friend if these are any better? (Also, would you happen to have the price of the headlamps and tail-lamps?)

Thanks for all your help.

cheers.
This uses a D2S bulb, In a H4 setup, your bulb moves in order to give that High low effect, In a D2S setup the cutout shield moves, Your normal H4 bulb wont fit in this. The ring is brighter because its a CCFL Ring rather than the Old LED type which comes on the usual projector lights available in the market.

These lights were sourced from Performance Zone. Visibility is better than the usual setup
Old 10th August 2009, 09:32   #1665
Senior - BHPian

dynomite,
Check out the classifieds for the angel eyes kit ad posted by blueraven316.

Most Viewed