Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2010, 10:21   #1876
BHPian

swift gt spoiler - need help

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support : SMS / Slang is STRICTLY prohibited on this community. We would much appreciate your using full & proper English in posts, for the benefit of other forum users.

Please view our board rules carefully before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 27th April 2010 at 14:43.
honda_dude is offline   Received Infraction
Old 26th April 2010, 11:32   #1877
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDY_RACER View Post
Guys,

i have finally managed to install 12 mm Spacers on my swift.

the ground clearance is now much better.

will pots the pictures shortly
Hai speedy, good you managed the spacer, saw your mail a bit late. Have you upgraded to pedders springs, or still on the OEM springs. Do you require ground clearence on OEM springs?, I am on lowered springs, I have finally modified my 10 mm spacer to fit perfect, I had issues with the spacer, screeching sounds, thuds. Had to get some modifications on it.Now the drive is just amazing.
Cheers..

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
@sportsmind
13k for the projector setup. Planning to install 4300k hids onto my fog too. You have them in yours?
I use 4300K HID's on my fog. I mostly drive on them on city roads, as it is too good. My red eye projector/parking set up looks kwel with out the headlamp On. So Fog lamp driving is what i prefer to make a few heads turn.Cheers.

Last edited by v12 : 26th April 2010 at 16:17.
Old 26th April 2010, 11:38   #1878
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsmind View Post
I use 4300K HID's on my fog. I mostly drive on them on city roads, as it is too good. My red eye projector/parking set up looks kwel with out the headlamp On. So Fog lamp driving is what i prefer to make a few heads turn.Cheers.

How much did you pay for the fog hid? Which brand? Can you post the pics?
Old 26th April 2010, 12:28   #1879
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
How much did you pay for the fog hid? Which brand? Can you post the pics?
If I recollect right, I paid 5800 for the set. It was not a familiar brand, but has lasted good.
You may follow the pics on my thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...orts-mind.html
Cheers
Old 26th April 2010, 14:36   #1880
BHPian

Quote:
Hai speedy, good you managed the spacer, saw your mail a bit late. Have you upgraded to pedders springs, or still on the OEM springs. Do you require ground clearence on OEM springs?, I am on lowered springs, I have finally modified my 10 mm spacer to fit perfect, I had issues with the spacer, screeching sounds, thuds. Had to get some modifications on it.Now the drive is just amazing.
Cheers..

Yes presently they are running on the OEM Springs, but i will be changing the springs, presently the ride is bit bumpy when there is no occupant but if the car is on full load then the ride is superb.

the reason why i required the Spacer was, i have put a higher end tires and when ever its fully loaded it started(wheel archs) started spoiling the tyres.

can you give some info on the springs which you have installed.
Old 26th April 2010, 14:45   #1881
BHPian

Quote:
Yes presently they are running on the OEM Springs, but i will be changing the springs, presently the ride is bit bumpy when there is no occupant but if the car is on full load then the ride is superb.

the reason why i required the Spacer was, i have put a higher end tires and when ever its fully loaded it started(wheel archs) started spoiling the tyres.

can you give some info on the springs which you have installed.
I am on pedders springs.It is a great feel, with load or without. The cornering and comfort is just too good on them.The drive does lower almost 20mm on these springs.I have a 10mm spacer to take care of the ground clearance.
Attached Thumbnails
Swift Mods : Post all queries / pics of Swift Modifications here.-springs-front.jpg  

Old 26th April 2010, 16:08   #1882
BHPian

Quote:
I am on pedders springs.It is a great feel, with load or without. The cornering and comfort is just too good on them.The drive does lower almost 20mm on these springs.I have a 10mm spacer to take care of the ground clearance.

So the red one is new one, and what about the Front?

along with that can you tell me where you sourced them?
Old 26th April 2010, 16:38   #1883
BHPian

Quote:
So the red one is new one, and what about the Front?

along with that can you tell me where you sourced them?
I have done both front and rear upgrade. It is from Electra (Chennai).Just google electra performance. Contact Kamlesh, he was very helpful in getting the issue of the spacer resolved.
Old 2nd May 2010, 19:07   #1884
BHPian

Dear All,

I have a problem with my swift side mirrors. I lost the plastic cover(body color) of the mirror on the driver side due to a rash mini lorry driver while I was waiting at a busy junction. The mirror itself is fully functional with adjustments etc.

Here is a pic
Swift Mods : Post all queries / pics of Swift Modifications here.-img_0727.jpg

Maruti does not sell these covers and wants me to replace the whole mirror which comes to around 1800/-

I checked at various shops for replacement covers and none of them have any. The only type they have are the ones you can stick to an existing cover. I find this really strange that Maruti is not stocking spare mirror covers for a budget car like mine and instead asks you to replace the whole mirror.

I am looking for a pair of good replacement mirrors (aftermarket) may be ones with carbon fiber look. What good options do I have?
Old 3rd May 2010, 09:07   #1885
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunsasi View Post
Dear All,

I have a problem with my swift side mirrors. I lost the plastic cover(body color) of the mirror on the driver side due to a rash mini lorry driver while I was waiting at a busy junction. The mirror itself is fully functional with adjustments etc.

Here is a pic
Attachment 341353

Maruti does not sell these covers and wants me to replace the whole mirror which comes to around 1800/-

I checked at various shops for replacement covers and none of them have any. The only type they have are the ones you can stick to an existing cover. I find this really strange that Maruti is not stocking spare mirror covers for a budget car like mine and instead asks you to replace the whole mirror.

I am looking for a pair of good replacement mirrors (aftermarket) may be ones with carbon fiber look. What good options do I have?
@Arun:

I too had the same problem and went hunting for the covers. Checked out all the Maruti dealerships and all had the readymade answer - "Sorry Sir, you will have to replace the whole mirror assembly". Had no choice but to change it.

For aftermarket mirrors, you can check out the latest ones with indicators. after all you have decided to change the assembly, so better go for these. CF mirrors would be expensive and I dont think it's available. Or you could try CF replica.
Old 7th May 2010, 19:22   #1886

Please let me know if Swift GTi body kit or swift sport body kit is available in india.
Old 8th May 2010, 11:56   #1887
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepdas View Post
Please let me know if Swift GTi body kit or swift sport body kit is available in india.
This is very much available in india.
Old 8th May 2010, 13:56   #1888
BHPian

Got new alloys for my '07 Swift VXi. I'm now running OZ Records with Achilles Platinum 195/65-15 rubber. While I'm happy with the handling and the lightness on steering, the ride has become extremely hard and rough. I can now feel every little crack on the road (yes, I'm in Mumbai). Quite frustrating actually as I've always had problems with rattling all over and now this new found stiffness is adding to everything all over again. Any solutions?

Total cost: 32k.

Here is a snap of the wheel. Actual pix coming after the break.
Attached Thumbnails
Swift Mods : Post all queries / pics of Swift Modifications here.-oz_record_tech.jpg  

Old 8th May 2010, 19:49   #1889
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrena View Post
Got new alloys for my '07 Swift VXi. I'm now running OZ Records with Achilles Platinum 195/65-15 rubber. While I'm happy with the handling and the lightness on steering, the ride has become extremely hard and rough. I can now feel every little crack on the road (yes, I'm in Mumbai). Quite frustrating actually as I've always had problems with rattling all over and now this new found stiffness is adding to everything all over again. Any solutions?

Total cost: 32k.

Here is a snap of the wheel. Actual pix coming after the break.
Hi Adrena,

Total cost 32k only???? Is this price only for the rims or including tires? Are you sure or is this a typo error? The cheapest OZ Racing wheel I know is Rs. 28k for a set of four 14" rims. You are talking about 15" rims here and that too a 'total' cost of only 32k? That is impossible. i am using a set of 15" OZ Racing Canovas and that is 44k for a set of four rims only!!! Tires are an additional cost. You sure they are original OZs? Where have you purchased them from?
Old 8th May 2010, 20:17   #1890
BHPian

Hi Epic,

You're right. Even I'd never heard of OZ rims for this price. The rims originally were at 56k according to the tax invoice. I bought this from Milan Subway, Santacruz, Mumbai (can't recollect the dealer's name. Will check invoice and post). After a bit of haggling he offered to bring it down to 48k. Then came the leg work of finding something cheaper and some research to identify if these were originals. All the serial numbers added up to say they were originals. In fact, the rims were in their original boxes when I saw the three that were packed. Later I discovered that this guy has had the rims for over 18 months and hasn't been able to move them. When I offered to buy tires from him and after another good hours haggling he offered them for 20k in all.
Not only did I get the entire lot for 32k but I also managed to get 4 wheel alignment and balancing completely for free. He runs his own outfit a lil distance away from Milan Subway. A good dealer who offered this service completely on his own. I'd never asked him for balancing and alignment.
Not a bad deal eh?

On the other hand, I got the tie rods adjusted and the tire pressure reduced from 28psi to 24psi. This has made the ride smooth again. I may need to look at the shocks and bushes sometime later but for now this will do. I'm pretty much broke this month.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks