Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2011, 09:05   #1996
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagar iswalkar
Hello BHPians. Here are a few Swifts owned by some friends on Facebook.

The black Swift with hood vinyl is owned by a friend who stays at Trichur. Silver one is owned by a friend from Thrissur, and the white/blue (my most favorite ) is owned by a friend's friend from UAE.
WOW!
Nice cars.
I like the Bulgarian look of the silver one.
Must say the photography skills are a class apart, specially with silver car.
Great job on all 3 cars.
Thanks for sharing.
Cheers.
Old 29th July 2011, 10:59   #1997
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Swift Mods : Post all queries / pics of Swift Modifications here.

hey guys, quick help needed.
Swift GTi Hikari kit.
I have been quoted 38k for it, all inclusive(paint and fitting).
is this ok, or is it beyond?
Old 29th July 2011, 11:32   #1998
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
hey guys, quick help needed.
Swift GTi Hikari kit.
I have been quoted 38k for it, all inclusive(paint and fitting).
is this ok, or is it beyond?
Mayank,

38k is a bit on the higher side !

What is the price quoted for the Hikari Kit without the painting and fitting ?

AFAIK, painting (assuming its a single color paint job) and fitting should not cost you more than 6-8k considering the 4 pieces that come with the kit.

About 6 months back, I had enquired with a dealer regarding the price of the Hikari Kit alone and he quoted a final price of 19k after bargaining. I did not go in for the Hikari kit in the end, but seems like the pricing given to you is on the higher side.

Last edited by Xryder : 29th July 2011 at 11:43.
Old 29th July 2011, 11:57   #1999
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xryder View Post
Mayank,

38k is a bit on the higher side !

What is the price quoted for the Hikari Kit without the painting and fitting ?

AFAIK, painting (assuming its a single color paint job) and fitting should not cost you more than 6-8k considering the 4 pieces that come with the kit.

About 6 months back, I had enquired with a dealer regarding the price of the Hikari Kit alone and he quoted a final price of 19k after bargaining. I did not go in for the Hikari kit in the end, but seems like the pricing given to you is on the higher side.
what the....?
I thought maybe its the new in thing, thats why it seemed expensive.
I did a quicjk check right now, someone else(vendor, not user) told me 34 k.
and now 19k, round it off to 20k, add 8 k for painting.
28k.

somebody know somewhere in delhi where this can be done, please?

anyway, was to be expected.
the first price is always on the highside, just wish these guys gave a price which i could at least negotiate on, rather than something which just chases you out of their sight.
Old 29th July 2011, 12:12   #2000
BHPian

Quote:
what the....?
I thought maybe its the new in thing, thats why it seemed expensive.
I did a quicjk check right now, someone else(vendor, not user) told me 34 k.
and now 19k, round it off to 20k, add 8 k for painting.
28k.

somebody know somewhere in delhi where this can be done, please?

anyway, was to be expected.
the first price is always on the highside, just wish these guys gave a price which i could at least negotiate on, rather than something which just chases you out of their sight.

Mayank,

I suggest you try to source the Hikari Kit first. Do not ask for a combined quote for both the kit and the painting+fitting. That is where they conceal the margin.Contact a few dealers who deal with the kit and compare the price of the kit each one has quoted. Source it directly after bargaining hard and you will be amazed at the price variation. Talk to a few auto body shops and get their quotes for the paint job and fitting. It maybe quite difficult to run around, but I feel its worth 10-12k saved in your pocket !

You can try contacting Autopsyche for the body kits. Pasting the address from the tuners section.

Autopsyche
2109 D.B.Gupta Rd,
Karol Bagh,
New Delhi – 110 005.
+91.124.400.3444
+91.98105.18681

This is a link to Performance Zone : Bodykits

Try bargaining. Search for more dealers. Take your time and get the best price and then make the purchase.
Xryder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2011, 19:03   #2001
BHPian

Quote:
Mayank,

Hey Xryder ,

Appreciate it if you give me the details of where I can find this kit in Bangalore. I am really interested upgrading my bumper .

Cheers
Old 2nd August 2011, 19:06   #2002
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by degenr8 View Post
Hey Xryder ,

Appreciate it if you give me the details of where I can find this kit in Bangalore. I am really interested upgrading my bumper .

Cheers

I have PMed the details to you. Contact the person and you can ask for custom kits created to your specific requirements or the ready-made kits. They will get you brand new ones or even used ones.

I would suggest a custom kit over a Hikari Kit which is found in plenty on the roads. Something good yet different for your money.
Old 2nd August 2011, 19:24   #2003
BHPian

Quote:
I have PMed the details to you. Contact the person and you can ask for custom kits created to your specific requirements or the ready-made kits. They will get you brand new ones or even used ones.

I would suggest a custom kit over a Hikari Kit which is found in plenty on the roads. Something good yet different for your money.
Thanks for the PM .

I am currently running the GTI kit on my car. Which was installed a couple of years back. I Like the LED on the Hikari kit gives the effect of DRL so thought will upgrade the bumper once again .

Cheers
Old 2nd August 2011, 20:30   #2004
BHPian

Hi All,
I own a 2 yr old swift vdi, i want to fit vaccum gauge on A pillar, as of now i have oil temperature and volt meter, i want to know where i'm suppose to connect the vaccum pipe in ddis, any inputs will be much valued.
mechanic from one of the famous place in indiranagar has screwed up by punching a hole in air filter box imagining that will help in sucking the air and in turn run the vaccum gauge.
please help
Old 3rd August 2011, 15:33   #2005
Distinguished - BHPian

For everybody who's lived for some time with bodykits.
what is easier to have, a fibreglass kit, or an ABS kit?
Im talking about the full GTi/Hikari type kits
Old 3rd August 2011, 16:05   #2006
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by degenr8 View Post
Thanks for the PM .

I am currently running the GTI kit on my car. Which was installed a couple of years back. I Like the LED on the Hikari kit gives the effect of DRL so thought will upgrade the bumper once again .

Cheers
If you like the DRL aspect alone, why not order a set of DRL's online and get them installed. Why go in for the whole kit ?

Quote:
For everybody who's lived for some time with bodykits.
what is easier to have, a fibreglass kit, or an ABS kit?
Im talking about the full GTi/Hikari type kits
I would stick to ABS. From what I have read, I think it is a more reliable material compared to FRP(Fibreglass). You need to verify that and the cost involved.

@ mayankk & degenr8 :
Check out CAR CUSTOM PEOPLE on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/pages/CAR-C...E/212596877922.

They have the entire ABS Hikari kit for sale at 22k. Negotiate. If both of you are planning to get the same, you guys should club and place the order together to get some discounts. I guess it can be shipped to each of you individually.
Old 30th August 2011, 23:38   #2007
BHPian

Re: Pics of weird and wacky mod jobs!

Just got these shots today morning at New BEL road in Bangalore. The guy actually really meant a show off...he came over and opened the passenger door seeing me taking the shot using my mob..No prizes for guessing the car..Its the Great Indian Swift.
Attached Thumbnails
Swift Mods : Post all queries / pics of Swift Modifications here.-img0082a.jpg  

Swift Mods : Post all queries / pics of Swift Modifications here.-img0081a.jpg  

Swift Mods : Post all queries / pics of Swift Modifications here.-img0080a.jpg  

Swift Mods : Post all queries / pics of Swift Modifications here.-img0079a.jpg  

Old 30th August 2011, 23:44   #2008
Senior - BHPian

But how did the gull wings end up being here? Its neither weird nor wacky.
Old 31st August 2011, 00:09   #2009
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogweelz View Post
The guy actually really meant a show off...he came over and opened the passenger door seeing me taking the shot using my mob..
Dude, IMO, these doors are actually worthy of show off!!.. Scissor doors - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They are neither weird or whacky.

Well, If I can get access to a practical, reliable, non-squeaky workmanship, then I would definitely be going in for one of these!!..
Old 31st August 2011, 00:50   #2010
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Dude, IMO, these doors are actually worthy of show off!!.. Scissor doors - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They are neither weird or whacky.
I just didnt know where else to put it

Well, If I can get access to a practical, reliable, non-squeaky workmanship, then I would definitely be going in for one of these!!..
I am not sure of practicality because the Indian traffic is always a sandwich of bikes between cars. And as far as
workmanship: I am sure he is having a tough time during ingress and egress because I saw him in action.
reliability : No comments as a by-watcher. IMHO it was definitely not giving any such impressions.
non-squeaky : As this part goes,I could hear the hinges crying even when I was well over 2m away from the car.

End of the day, the mod suits the Swift like glove in hand. If only maintained well these doors can definitely make MSIL think of getting some Limited Edition models having such cosmetic.

Most Viewed