Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2012, 19:57   #2086
BHPian

Re: Swift Mods : Post all queries / pics of Swift Modifications here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xydon View Post
How would a pair of Hella Rally HIDs look on Swift Gen 3? I'm worried my car would end up in "Wackiest Mods" thread!
Question here is do you really need them ? Unless you intend to drive in areas/roads no lighting, i dont see the point. If at all you do need more lighting, try changing bulbs of your headlamps. Look wise, again I would say no to the Hella's. Swap your fog units for more powerful ones. There are a few after market fog units available that can hold brighter, higher wattage bulbs.
Old 12th June 2012, 14:59   #2087
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xryder View Post
You can get an arm rest installed. I have seen one where the arm rest is installed with its holders fastened under the seat. But only downside is that you will not be able to remove and fix it back as easily as you could with the type that was compatible with the cup/bottle holder

Iv seen a neat install in an SX4. It was done outside and not from MGA. Moreover, MGA normally charges you extra for the accessories.

Do you really feel the need for such an add-on ? Have seen a few running with the Hiker. IMHO they only spoil the looks of the hatch. As far as safety issues are concerned, if not installed properly it might cause damage.
Thanks. I got the universal arm rest (Make: Concept car) installed today. Though not a very ideal fit, it serves the purpose and is quite comfortable. Costed me Rs 1,500.

As for the white lighting, wanted to try MGA as I am not very comfortable with most accessory shop's work on electricals especially the way the handle the connections. Checked with MSM Guindy but their accessory department is clueless on it.
Old 12th June 2012, 22:43   #2088
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K View Post
Thanks. I got the universal arm rest (Make: Concept car) installed today. Though not a very ideal fit, it serves the purpose and is quite comfortable. Costed me Rs 1,500.

As for the white lighting, wanted to try MGA as I am not very comfortable with most accessory shop's work on electricals especially the way the handle the connections. Checked with MSM Guindy but their accessory department is clueless on it.
Hey could you post a picture of the final installation of the arm rest, as I too have installed one very recently. Does it get slightly creaky at times??
Old 15th June 2012, 12:15   #2089
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
Hey could you post a picture of the final installation of the arm rest, as I too have installed one very recently. Does it get slightly creaky at times??
Here you go. Apologies for the poor quality photos as they were taken in my mobile cam

Side view
Swift Mods : Post all queries / pics of Swift Modifications here.-15062012005.jpg

Not a perfect fit at the rear
Swift Mods : Post all queries / pics of Swift Modifications here.-15062012004.jpg

View from the top after folding the arm rest upwards
Swift Mods : Post all queries / pics of Swift Modifications here.-15062012007.jpg

Steering turn knob
Swift Mods : Post all queries / pics of Swift Modifications here.-15062012008.jpg
Sridhar K is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2012, 20:17   #2090
Senior - BHPian

@Sridhar, does the armrest rattle while goinf over broken patches of road? And where is it bolted to, how many bolts, do you know? I would like to have one like that but worried about rattles.
Old 19th June 2012, 00:00   #2091
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
@Sridhar, does the armrest rattle while goinf over broken patches of road? And where is it bolted to, how many bolts, do you know? I would like to have one like that but worried about rattles.
Mine has 4 bolts, 2 on each side. Yes it does creak at times but that is when you put your weight on it (like when you really put pressure) but while driving over bad roads its perfectly silent. Am using it since almost a month now and no issues so far. Here is a pic of it installed in my Ritz:
Attached Thumbnails
Swift Mods : Post all queries / pics of Swift Modifications here.-photo0066.jpg  

S2!!! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2012, 09:56   #2092
BHPian

@S2!!! & Sridhar K,
Seems you both are happy with the fitting of the Universal Armrest to your cars. I want to know the width of it as there are 2 types available in the market. And also what are the brackets made up of, plastic or metal?
I was quoted Rs.850 for a bigger one (& 750 for a smaller) at a shop in Opera House, Mumbai. The only concern I have is, there were PLASTIC brackets provided with the kit & I am not sure they could hold the thing for longer time. Thanks in advance,
Old 19th June 2012, 14:06   #2093
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Vikas View Post
@S2!!! & Sridhar K,
Seems you both are happy with the fitting of the Universal Armrest to your cars. I want to know the width of it as there are 2 types available in the market. And also what are the brackets made up of, plastic or metal?
I was quoted Rs.850 for a bigger one (& 750 for a smaller) at a shop in Opera House, Mumbai. The only concern I have is, there were PLASTIC brackets provided with the kit & I am not sure they could hold the thing for longer time. Thanks in advance,
I checked the box but the dimensions are not mentioned anywhere. Yes the requirement was that it needed a minimum distance of 14cms between the two front seats so the width of the arm rest should be approx 14cms +/-.

The brackets are made up of plastic but seem to be durable and have had no problem as yet.

750 and 850 are really good quotes you have got considering that I paid Rs.1,100/ for it and Rs.50/ for installation.

Hope that helps.
S2!!! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2012, 17:32   #2094
BHPian

Thanks S2!!!. Now, I surely can go ahead with this upgrade for my Fabia. No problem with the price and the general build quality also looked reasonably good. One more thing I noticed, there was a knob below the Armrest to adjust it's height. Hope, yours is also of same type. Bye,
Old 24th June 2012, 13:24   #2095
BHPian

Hey,
Im looking to change the alloys and tires changed on the used swift i purchased recently.
I live in BANGALORE

So basically I want to first get the alloys and tires changed..
Im looking for Black alloys, 15 or 14 inches..
Would anyone suggest a place to look? I live in Murugeshpallaya, Old Airport Road.

Also will need a spoiler and might even check out some rad projection lamps...!
Cheers

Last edited by GTO : 25th June 2012 at 16:47. Reason: Please re-upload pictures, instead of using the IMG tag to link to them
Old 24th June 2012, 13:38   #2096
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenik View Post
Hey,

Would anyone suggest a place to look? I live in Murugeshpallaya, Old Airport Road.

Cheers
Try Final Touch, Mission Road. Many bhpians including myself have done few mods from there. Go for 15".
Old 24th June 2012, 14:34   #2097
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Go for 15".
Yes 15" wheels.
195/60/R15 or 205/65/R15. 205 changes the look entirely, I am not sure if it hinders the pickup or performance.

Recommended is 195/60/R15
Old 24th June 2012, 15:06   #2098
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Try Final Touch, Mission Road. Many bhpians including myself have done few mods from there. Go for 15".
Okay, any idea how much alloys and tires generally tend to cost?

Im looking for something like this:

Last edited by arsenik : 24th June 2012 at 15:10.
Old 24th June 2012, 17:51   #2099
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Cheers
Since you stay near indiranagar i will advice contact Satya, he will able to help you with your needs .

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...bangalore.html

Hope it helps
Cheers
Old 24th June 2012, 21:43   #2100
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Okay, any idea how much alloys and tires generally tend to cost?

Im looking for something like this:
There are many brands offering similar alloys. Check out Lenso. Everything should come around 35k-40k depending on the brand.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks