Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2012, 20:36   #2131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamy
Hi Zwift,
8k is damn cheap for oem alloys, in case if you are passing that offer please let me know, i would like to pick those, provided the alloys are damage free.
Hi Dreamy
I did not buy them as my Michelin tyres are 14" and I came to know later that the OEM alloys are 15" wheels. I changed to brand new tyres after buying my car so did not want to again change them as they have clocked only 4000 kms. If they are still available and if your interested I will PM you the location and you can pick them up.
zwift1819 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2012, 08:43   #2132
BHPian

Re: Swift Mods : Post all queries / pics of Swift Modifications here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwift1819 View Post
Hi Dreamy
I did not buy them as my Michelin tyres are 14" and I came to know later that the OEM alloys are 15" wheels. I changed to brand new tyres after buying my car so did not want to again change them as they have clocked only 4000 kms. If they are still available and if your interested I will PM you the location and you can pick them up.
ZWIFT1819 - Can you please tell me the shop name? is it Raja Tyres? I got mine as good as new as the customer who changed my OE alloys didnt even drive the car out of the showroom. I too had 185 70 R14 with 14 inch alloys. Swaped my tyres and alloys- done around 4k (old tyres+ alloys = 11600rs + 9600 rs - 21200rs).

The OE alloys set of 4 costed me 12k + MRF ZLOs 195 60 R15 - costed me 4600 rs * 4 = rounded off to 30000rs. Had to pay 10k additional but the ride quality is awesome.
Old 21st September 2012, 09:14   #2133
BHPian

@ Der_Junge - Really good taste in mods. Had a couple of queries
  1. How do i get the stripes i.e. is it a paint job or sticker job?
  2. What profile tyres are those - do they rub against the tyre wall with load?
  3. Lastly can you share some indicative costs for the mods especially for the stripes and paint job on the side view mirros and mud flaps.

Thanks in advance
Old 21st September 2012, 14:02   #2134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX

ZWIFT1819 - Can you please tell me the shop name? is it Raja Tyres? I got mine as good as new as the customer who changed my OE alloys didnt even drive the car out of the showroom. I too had 185 70 R14 with 14 inch alloys. Swaped my tyres and alloys- done around 4k (old tyres+ alloys = 11600rs + 9600 rs - 21200rs).

The OE alloys set of 4 costed me 12k + MRF ZLOs 195 60 R15 - costed me 4600 rs * 4 = rounded off to 30000rs. Had to pay 10k additional but the ride quality is awesome.
Yes it is Raja tyres how did you guess that? Does the ride quality improve on changing to those alloys as you have mentioned? I have moved back only for the simple Reason that the dealer will offer a very low price for my Michelins and I had changed all 5 tyres at that point of time. He offered me the Ertiga tyres but I politely refused!
Old 21st September 2012, 18:27   #2135
BHPian

Dear Zwift,
eager on the alloys could you please pm the address, or
is it same raja tyres.
Old 22nd September 2012, 10:51   #2136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Items,4. And pictures,2?
Gross injustice!
What standard are the bulbs in the projector?
H4?

Also, we'd really love to see how the led fogs light up, you know. To compare it with replacement led bulbs.
Dear mayankk, I have attached the head lamps' pic as requested. I couldn't attach it earlier since the size of the pic was huge. Got it re-sized. As for the Fog lamps, I would know how the throw/light up would be only after I have installed it in December (thats when I plan to come). I have my doubts though. Does look a little quirky. But as for the whole set-up, I do have the originals to fall back on anytime.

As for the bulbs which come with the projector, its got a yellowish (halogen-kind) glow with H9/H4 holders. Thats written but it has got a H4 set-up. Should locate a HID kit next month for it. Any inputs?

Cheers
Champion
Attached Images

Old 27th September 2012, 22:36   #2137
NeO

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
It comes to 10k approx. You will have to give the existing HL's so that they can install the projectors. If you want the reflectors to be in black it will cost a bit more. The installer is in Mumbai.
hi Naveen
could you give the contacts number or address of the place where i can get the HID projector setup done
i have an old swift & want to get angel light with projector setup in her
would like your suggestion, since HIDs ain't every effective in rains, would you recommend i go with HID in projector & powerful halogen fog light or HID in fog & halogen fog
Old 28th September 2012, 09:57   #2138
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeO View Post
hi Naveen
could you give the contacts number or address of the place where i can get the HID projector setup done
i have an old swift & want to get angel light with projector setup in her
would like your suggestion, since HIDs ain't every effective in rains, would you recommend i go with HID in projector & powerful halogen fog light or HID in fog & halogen fog
Shall mail you the details. Not able to PM you. He does custom projector fitments. Go for 4300k HID's in projectors and powerful halogens in the fogs. HID's in fogs will not do the job. Other option would be auxiliary lights, which many wont like.

Last edited by naveen.raju : 28th September 2012 at 10:03.
Old 28th September 2012, 11:40   #2139
Distinguished - BHPian

I have a doubt. Usually swift headlamp bulbs are H4 with both low & high beams on the same bulb. I have seen some angel eyes head lamps which has two different bulbs separate for high & low beams. How is this achieved? Does the wiring or the technique need to be changed to achieve this?

Also does both high & low beams activate on high beams?

Edit::
Quote:
...and powerful halogens in the fogs....
I know Swift fog lamps are H8. What is the stock wattage? And what wattage is the "powerful halogens" you mentioned? I have not come across any higher output same wattage fog lamps [like Osram NBs / Philips extreme vision headlamps], hence the query.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 28th September 2012 at 11:43. Reason: Added "Edit" portion
Old 28th September 2012, 11:52   #2140
NeO

Quote:
Shall mail you the details. Not able to PM you. He does custom projector fitments. Go for 4300k HID's in projectors and powerful halogens in the fogs. HID's in fogs will not do the job. Other option would be auxiliary lights, which many wont like.
you can mail me on vivekraj.singh@yahoo.com
thanks alot
any indicative price figures
Old 28th September 2012, 12:41   #2141
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I have a doubt. Usually swift headlamp bulbs are H4 with both low & high beams on the same bulb. I have seen some angel eyes head lamps which has two different bulbs separate for high & low beams. How is this achieved? Does the wiring or the technique need to be changed to achieve this?

Also does both high & low beams activate on high beams?

Edit::
I know Swift fog lamps are H8. What is the stock wattage? And what wattage is the "powerful halogens" you mentioned? I have not come across any higher output same wattage fog lamps [like Osram NBs / Philips extreme vision headlamps], hence the query.
Yes, these are the first projector kits that came for the Swift.
Low beam - Projectors
High beam - normal reflector

Yes, both low and high beams are activated on high beams. The kit comes with extra wiring. It's a plug n play device so not much hassle. The new kit comes with a single projector that acts as low and high beams.

Not sure on the stock wattage of the fog lights. I'm guessing it should be less than the headlight bulb wattage. Not sure though. Powerful halogens are 100/90 or 120/100. My friend, a fellow bhpian managed to install volvo headlights onto the fog light assembly of his swift. A perfect fit and it comes with 80/90w bulbs which is reall effective but comes at a cost. I had out the pics here.

Quote:
you can mail me on vivekraj.singh@yahoo.com
thanks alot
any indicative price figures
The entire custom setup should come around 10k-12k. This is if you give your existing headlight assembly for customization. Painting the reflectors to black would cost around 1.5k - 2k. To see his work, check out "Projectors for Vento/Polo" thread.
Old 26th October 2012, 14:03   #2142
NeO

Quote:
The entire custom setup should come around 10k-12k. This is if you give your existing headlight assembly for customization. Painting the reflectors to black would cost around 1.5k - 2k. To see his work, check out "Projectors for Vento/Polo" thread.
hi naveen, would appreciate if you could mail me the contacts.
Old 26th October 2012, 14:20   #2143
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
hi naveen, would appreciate if you could mail me the contacts.
Check your mail. Have mailed the contact details.
Old 2nd April 2013, 11:54   #2144
BHPian

Hello Friends,

I am planning to have stripes on my new Swift Vxi, would like to have your opinions/pics on the same.
I should be able to get them peeled off later and it shouldnt damage the original paint job.Do you guys recommend a sticker work or a paint job.
I approached 3M guys they charge ~400/- per sq ft for CarbonFibre look ( Viny sticker) and ~250/- for a Mattefinish look .
Please advise.
Thanks
Sunny
Old 2nd April 2013, 12:39   #2145
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheonix View Post
Hello Friends,

I am planning to have stripes on my new Swift Vxi, would like to have your opinions/pics on the same.
I should be able to get them peeled off later and it shouldnt damage the original paint job.Do you guys recommend a sticker work or a paint job.
I approached 3M guys they charge ~400/- per sq ft for CarbonFibre look ( Viny sticker) and ~250/- for a Mattefinish look .
Please advise.
Thanks
Sunny
What color is your new swift?
With anything other than white, you will get noticeable paint fade. It won't damage the paint, but in fact protect it too much, that you won't get normal fading due to sun, sand, etc.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks