Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2008, 17:04   #1006
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by godfreydesylva View Post
Just got the angel eye headlights along with the LED tail lights fitted for 14K in mumbai.Is it possible to upgrade the bulbs in the angel eyes .There is a warning on the head light fittning saying- not for use with HID lamps.
Can anybody who has upgraded the stock halogens in the angel eyes recommend what bulbs are to be used and how is the performance of the projector after the upgrade.
I think LBM has done it in his swift. So he should be the best one to answer thin.
Old 11th January 2008, 17:16   #1007
Senior - BHPian

@Godfrey : Have you bought just angel eyes or you have bought the Projector lamps for the Swift?

If its the projectors then intended use is HID and not halogen bulbs!

If im not mistaken the projectors employ an H1 High & H1 Low bulb combination.
Old 12th January 2008, 02:03   #1008
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just got the angel eye headlights along with the LED tail lights fitted for 14K in mumbai.Is it possible to upgrade the bulbs in the angel eyes .There is a warning on the head light fittning saying- not for use with HID lamps.
Can anybody who has upgraded the stock halogens in the angel eyes recommend what bulbs are to be used and how is the performance of the projector after the upgrade.
I am using HIDs in the Projectors!!! there is no problem at all!!! You will have to use H1 bulbs!!! That warning you see is for the High Beam Part.You should not put HIDs into them because its a reflector and not a projector.

But i have HIDs in both High and Low and facing no problems at all.Go ahead fit HIDs,It is meant to be used that way.What you can do is leave the High Beam part to halogen and upgrade to HIDs in the projectors.
Old 12th January 2008, 13:56   #1009

projector lights

I just photgraphed the lights for posting but the last explanation from m4ugr8 about the warning being for the High beam only sounds logical.I have tried to screw out the housing for the light bulbs but they are pretty tight and I do not want to damage the housing.Any help on this .Is the housing threaded or what? Clockwise ,anticlockwise,push and release?
What would be a good HID to fit in the projectors.Is it possible to Do It Yourself or have to go to a professional?Costing?
Thanks for the replies.This is my first thread and its been really nice to get so much help.Unfortunately not able to post the pictures due to newbie status.Hope to rectify this soon.
Godfrey
Old 12th January 2008, 17:07   #1010
Senior - BHPian

Iv just installed the H4 Narva 100/90 + Roots Relay/Harness in my stock headlamp assembly.

Also an H7 / 8000k HID conversion kit in the fogs after some jugaad. 6000k setup would have been ideal but then got this for a steal so installed. Will have pics soon, focussing is definately going to be an issue

Quote:
the last explanation from m4ugr8 about the warning being for the High beam only sounds logical.
Yes sounds logical. Another reason is this projector is manufactured in Taiwan where aftermarket HID are illegal (yeah I know its illegal here too) so the manufacturer is required to print the warning.

This is what you can do. Purchase one HID kit (H1 High beam) and then purchase a set of H1 Low bulbs. You can wire both using the ballast from the kit.

If your budget is limited then go for just H1 Low bulbs and regular white h1 halogens in your high beam.

HID conversion kits start from 6.5k onwards and go upto 20k. See if you can get a demo before you buy
Old 13th January 2008, 00:00   #1011
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Iv just installed the H4 Narva 100/90 + Roots Relay/Harness in my stock headlamp assembly.

Also an H7 / 8000k HID conversion kit in the fogs after some jugaad. 6000k setup would have been ideal but then got this for a steal so installed. Will have pics soon, focussing is definately going to be an issue
If you have budget problems then go by sOuljah's advice and if its not an issue then i would advice buying a complete kit with ballast for High+Low.

@Souljah: What jugaad?? I have HIDs in the fogs also.I didnt apply any kind of jugaad.Simply strait forward fitment
Old 13th January 2008, 10:46   #1012
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
@Souljah: What jugaad?? I have HIDs in the fogs also.I didnt apply any kind of jugaad.Simply strait forward fitment
Someone I know was trying to sell an H7 HID kit but in vain, so finally he gave it to me for a steal.

Jugaad - Nothing major. The OEM lamps have an H8 wiring harness. So spliced the power cable of this harness and drew another wire which was then soldered to the power terminals of the H7 HID kit aur mera kaam ho gaya

As the H7 isnt a direct fit its been held in place with a good amount of double sided tape. I will buy silicon sealant shortly and do a thorough job.
Old 13th January 2008, 15:19   #1014
Senior - BHPian

Old 13th January 2008, 15:30   #1015

Old 13th January 2008, 16:36   #1016
Senior - BHPian

@ktnaseem : dude please post bigger resolution pics.
Old 13th January 2008, 17:36   #1017
Senior - BHPian

I think he resized the pics in avatar size.
Old 13th January 2008, 20:02   #1018
BHPian

hey guys i'm kind of new to this club
i own a swift ddis
with a solid ICE
i have a few queries
1)
I wanna know when is it ideal to fit a pete's tuning kit to a swift

2)does the swift ddis have an inbuilt cool air intake

3)what is the price of a k&n standard filter for this swift
Old 13th January 2008, 23:23   #1019
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonVilano View Post
I wanna know when is it ideal to fit a pete's tuning kit to a swift
After the second service, that is after 5000kms.
Old 14th January 2008, 14:15   #1020
BHPian

Swift Lxi - suspension upgrade

Hi!

I own a Swift Lxi and I feel that the ride is a little hard sometimes on low speeds over broken, crevice filled roads. What can be done to improve the ride quality and have a softer suspension? I do not wish to do anything too expensive.
In the opinion of other Swift owners, is their ride quality a lil stiff too??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks