Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2008, 13:13   #1456
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
It is quite possible that the tyres are a grey import.
205/55R15 yoko s-drives retail for 4700 woth bill and warranty.
So the ones that you must have inquired about would be without bill & warranty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS View Post
.... but tell me one thing , is yokos that cheap as you have mentioned ???
Rule #1 when you're buying something: If something's too good to be true, it probably is.

Even in the grey market, S-drives are NOT available for 2900. The 205/55 R15s should STILL cost you something in the vicinity of 4 grand a pop.
Please get another quote for these tires.... something's definitely a little off here. Also, ask to see the tires that you'll be getting, and check the date of manufacture (its always imprinted on the tire).
Old 23rd December 2008, 14:44   #1457
BHPian

wowie!! jeez n i was feeling smug for a bit there.... :(

well i'l take your word for it guys and make another inquiry...

But i really can't afford more than 3k per tire right now...

any other options?? Yokohama A-series? MRF? Michellin??

or should i wait and enjoy my car stock and upgrade the footwear later on...? that way, i'll enjoy more as i'll be able to appreciate the difference.... hmmm me thinks!!
Old 23rd December 2008, 14:53   #1458
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan View Post
hey i was curious to how would headers affect detonation.
Improperly designed headers can inhibit the smooth flow of exhaust gases out of the cylinders.

@Puzz - Would recommend that you take your car to a service station and get it checked once. It should not knock at such low RPM's. Moreover I have used Automech headers, but I never got any knocking from them.
Old 23rd December 2008, 14:56   #1459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
Improperly designed headers can inhibit the smooth flow of exhaust gases out of the cylinders.

@Puzz - Would recommend that you take your car to a service station and get it checked once. It should not knock at such low RPM's. Moreover I have used Automech headers, but I never got any knocking from them.
Thanks Vikram, plan on doing that.. also any one any idea about a good mechanic or workshop who cud take care of the problem. i somehow don't really rely much on the regular showroom workshops.. they just keep the car there for a day, do a 9 point service and hand it back.

Vikram: would you know of any Senior - BHPian or anyone else from hyderabad whom i could try to get in touch with.

Last edited by Puzz : 23rd December 2008 at 15:12.
Old 23rd December 2008, 15:18   #1460
BHPian

Iridium Sparkplugs for Swift

This is my 1st post so pls bare with d mistakes.I've a swift vxi with a K&N apollo intake system and 195/55/R15 tyres.Its going for 20k service and d spark plugs hav 2 b changed,so I was thinking about changing 2 Iridium plugs.So pls tell me,is there really an increase in performnace?and does it need anything else to b changed coz I heard v need 2 get some plug wire or something.Pls advice.
Old 23rd December 2008, 15:29   #1461
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puzz View Post
Thanks Vikram, plan on doing that.. also any one any idea about a good mechanic or workshop who cud take care of the problem. i somehow don't really rely much on the regular showroom workshops.. they just keep the car there for a day, do a 9 point service and hand it back.

Vikram: would you know of any Senior - BHPian or anyone else from hyderabad whom i could try to get in touch with.
I personally don't know anybody from Hyderabad. But i would recommend you to take it to a MASS and ask them to connect the Tech2 scanner and check what is causing the knocking.
Old 23rd December 2008, 15:51   #1462
BHPian

Quote:
exhaust gases should in no way affect engine knocking (think egr) so due to the excess exhaust gasses the o2 should run rich thus to prevent knocking.

correct me if i am wrong.
Old 23rd December 2008, 16:00   #1463
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
exhaust gases should in no way affect engine knocking (think egr) so due to the excess exhaust gasses the o2 should run rich thus to prevent knocking.

correct me if i am wrong.
EGR is something completely different. Exhaust gases left behind in the cylinder are not EGR. EGR is used to lower combustion temperatures in the cylinder. Also in EGR a very small portion of the exhaust gas is re-used.

Also like I have I have mentioned to Puzz I don't think the headers will be causing it and have asked him to get the vehicle checked with a good M.A.S.S.
Old 23rd December 2008, 16:05   #1464
BHPian

Quote:
EGR is something completely different. Exhaust gases left behind in the cylinder are not EGR. EGR is used to lower combustion temperatures in the cylinder. Also in EGR a very small portion of the exhaust gas is re-used.

Also like I have I have mentioned to Puzz I don't think the headers will be causing it and have asked him to get the vehicle checked with a good M.A.S.S.
i mentioned egr for a reason to lower burning temp similarly left exhaust gases should not affect knocking. anyways was only wondering to how a header change could affect it mostly it must be something else as you mentioned in your earlier post.
Old 23rd December 2008, 16:10   #1465
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i mentioned egr for a reason to lower burning temp similarly left exhaust gases should not affect knocking. anyways was only wondering to how a header change could affect it mostly it must be something else as you mentioned in your earlier post.
True, moreover his car is knocking in the low RPM range. Has to be something else.

@Puzz - Can you check if the O2 sensor is taking feedback from one cylinder or more? The automech headers that I had on my car used to take the feedback from one cylinder only. This I found really strange. For optimum running it neds feedback from minimum 2 cylinders. From all 4 is best.
Old 23rd December 2008, 16:10   #1466
BHPian

Quote:
I personally don't know anybody from Hyderabad. But i would recommend you to take it to a MASS and ask them to connect the Tech2 scanner and check what is causing the knocking.
Thanks Vikram.. will do that.
Old 23rd December 2008, 19:33   #1467
BHPian

hey fellas

yest night i spotted a swift running on SX4 stock rims.. looked kinda nice..

has anyone else put this kind of setup..
Old 23rd December 2008, 20:58   #1468
Senior - BHPian

Some swifts to inspire you all.

Taken from Redlinegti
Attached Thumbnails
Swift Mods : Post all queries / pics of Swift Modifications here.-5c3678af39.jpg  

Swift Mods : Post all queries / pics of Swift Modifications here.-1008900ail9.jpg  

Swift Mods : Post all queries / pics of Swift Modifications here.-image.jpg  

Swift Mods : Post all queries / pics of Swift Modifications here.-img_0330medium.jpg  

Swift Mods : Post all queries / pics of Swift Modifications here.-img_2849.jpg  

Swift Mods : Post all queries / pics of Swift Modifications here.-img_2863.jpg  

Swift Mods : Post all queries / pics of Swift Modifications here.-imgp0118.jpg  

Swift Mods : Post all queries / pics of Swift Modifications here.-n619598445_427090_2016.jpg  

Swift Mods : Post all queries / pics of Swift Modifications here.-on202027s.jpg  

Swift Mods : Post all queries / pics of Swift Modifications here.-p70700381.jpg  

Old 23rd December 2008, 21:02   #1469
Senior - BHPian

Some more.Would have posted just the link,but majority of you wouldn't have bothered to check it.
Attached Thumbnails
Swift Mods : Post all queries / pics of Swift Modifications here.-resize20of20swifty1.jpg  

Swift Mods : Post all queries / pics of Swift Modifications here.-swift20and20wheels20redline.jpg  

Swift Mods : Post all queries / pics of Swift Modifications here.-swiftupdate.jpg  

Swift Mods : Post all queries / pics of Swift Modifications here.-tyre27s.jpg  

Swift Mods : Post all queries / pics of Swift Modifications here.-wip030.jpg  

Old 24th December 2008, 00:10   #1470
Senior - BHPian

Bling galore! It hurts to even think about those wheels.. forget sitting inside 'em.

The 2nd last pic on #1468.. looks like a paperkraft product

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks