Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2009, 23:28   #1591
BHPian

sweet looking exhaust.. m sure a lot of ppl can make it here... viper for instance

Note from Mods : Please avoid SMS language and try to use punctuation properly. Take a look at this thread for details. Thanks.

Last edited by Rehaan : 7th April 2009 at 12:30. Reason: Please see note in post.
arsenik is offline   Received Infraction
Old 9th April 2009, 09:41   #1592

Advise & Tips Required on Comprehensive Performance Mods' for Swift Petrol

Hi there

I am planning to modify my Swift Vxi (I live in Bangalore) and need some help with the following. Detailed feedback & advise from all you experts with tips, do's & dont's prices, places I can look for the mod's will help me considerably in getting the mod's right and enjoying the performance. The replies to my queries will also help a lot of other aspiring enthusiasts who wish to modify their Swift's:

Tyres & Alloys: I current use Bridgestone Potenza GIII 195/60/R14 and want to upgrade to 205/R16's. Will the 16 inches foul with suspension, wheel well etc?

Engine Management System (Engine Remap): I want to upgrade the power of the car from the current level of 87 BHP to around 100 BHP (even more if I can). Options include Race Dynamics & Pete's (although I haven't asked them if they have a remap for Swift Petrol)

Suspension: I plan to go for stiffer sports suspension to improve the handling/cornering of the car. Options include Koni or Blistein. Which ones should I go for vis-a-vis price?

Filters: K&N or Green? which ones are better

Exhaust: Along with the performance enhancement from a exhaust I want to get a "throaty growl" (NOT the noisy shrill "boom"). Remus is one option, but some tuners claim they can get the same performance & sound effect themselves. How true this?

Brakes: Will I need to upgrade the brakes with the increased power & consequent speed? If yes, which ones should I go for.

Clutch & Flywheel: Will need to upgrade the clutch?

Body Mod's: I wish to modify the front & rear bumper, any pointers on where is the best place in Bangalore to do this?

Steering Wheel: Do's & dont's while fixing a after market steering wheels..

How much all this is likely to cost me ballpark?

Please HELP!

Eagerly looking forward to some tips & responses?

Thanks in advance
Abhishek

Note from Team-BHP Support : Thread MERGED. Please use the search feature before creating a new thread on a topic that might already exist. Please continue your discussion in an existing thread. This will keep all the relevant information in one place and make it easier for readers in the future.

Last edited by Jaggu : 9th April 2009 at 11:02. Reason: search please
Old 9th April 2009, 16:23   #1593
BHPian

@Abhi
I can comment on 2 things you have asked.
In my vxi I have installed Green Cotton Wind filter. I can make out good difference in pick up and pulling power of car after the filter install. I would definitely recommend Green Cotton Wind Filter .

I also have Remus Swift end can installed. The sound is just sweet.
Its not loud just right I simply love it so does my gf [FONT=Wingdings][/FONT].
Old 9th April 2009, 18:39   #1594

Hey gegenr8

Thanks a ton for the pointers. I have heard Remus exhaust just today and as you have said it does sound sweet and just right without being "look at me" loud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by degenr8 View Post
@Abhi
I can comment on 2 things you have asked.
In my vxi I have installed Green Cotton Wind filter. I can make out good difference in pick up and pulling power of car after the filter install. I would definitely recommend Green Cotton Wind Filter .

I also have Remus Swift end can installed. The sound is just sweet.
Its not loud just right I simply love it so does my gf [FONT=Wingdings][/FONT].
Old 9th April 2009, 18:47   #1595
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi Chaturvedi View Post
Hey gegenr8

Thanks a ton for the pointers. I have heard Remus exhaust just today and as you have said it does sound sweet and just right without being "look at me" loud.
I'd recommend custom made exhausts from either raj or other tuners. They make the car sound just the way you want. I got FFE installed form RAJ.
Old 9th April 2009, 18:56   #1596

Hi,
I am new here. On personal experience i would probably ask you to go for a softer compound when it comes to your tyres. Bridgestone potenza g3 is hard by nature and they will not give that traction when you really need them. Plus they are relatively heavier so your sterring might shake a lot when you punch the gas pedal. 205/50r16 is the ideal upsize for your car.
Old 9th April 2009, 19:21   #1597

Hi Nithin, thanks for your tips. What brand do you suggest other Bridgestone..Michelin or Yoko's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nithin.g.balaji View Post
Hi,
I am new here. On personal experience i would probably ask you to go for a softer compound when it comes to your tyres. Bridgestone potenza g3 is hard by nature and they will not give that traction when you really need them. Plus they are relatively heavier so your sterring might shake a lot when you punch the gas pedal. 205/50r16 is the ideal upsize for your car.
Old 10th April 2009, 00:29   #1598
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Nithin, thanks for your tips. What brand do you suggest other Bridgestone..Michelin or Yoko's?

other then bridge,michelin and yoko i doubt you are left with any good option.they all (3) are one of the best rubber for car that are available in india.i would suggest you go with 15" if you don't want compromise with the ride quality.

i don't no with what experiance nitin is saying that they are hard by nature and sterring might shake.
can you please share your experiance with us.
Old 10th April 2009, 02:45   #1599
Distinguished - BHPian

I would suggest either Michelin or Yoko. Both are good. G3 is a piece of crap. DOnt go for it at all!
Old 10th April 2009, 02:48   #1600
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocritical View Post
I'd recommend custom made exhausts from either raj or other tuners. They make the car sound just the way you want. I got FFE installed form RAJ.
+1. And yeah, the whole custom made FFE with end-can will be cheaper than just a Remus end can.

With FFE, you get more power too!
Old 10th April 2009, 08:57   #1601
BANNED

[quote=Abhi Chaturvedi;1252721]

Engine Management System (Engine Remap): I want to upgrade the power of the car from the current level of 87 BHP to around 100 BHP (even more if I can). Options include Race Dynamics & Pete's (although I haven't asked them if they have a remap for Swift Petrol)

Please HELP!

Thanks in advance
Abhishek

Abhishek,

With response to your queries I would like to make 2 comments.

1> A swift does not give very good results with just the mods that you plan and will be very difficult for you to get 100 bhp out of the same. You can of course get it if you mod further in terms of port/polish and more.

Will not refer any brands or names as am not allowed to do so but you are looking at a approx of Rs1.20/-lacs and upwards for your entire list.

Viper

Last edited by viper : 10th April 2009 at 09:16.
Old 10th April 2009, 09:10   #1602
Senior - BHPian

Hey Abhi, I think Viper's suggestion to port and polish is good. i don't think you should be really worried about the 100 figure. P&P and race dynamics ecu should do the trick. i guess p&p will cost you 15k? RD ecu around 25k? these are the prices that i have heard of. In Blore, you will get lot of support for RD ecu. if you want that real kick, turbo is the way and costs >1.5 lak?
Old 10th April 2009, 09:56   #1603
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Tyres & Alloys: I current use Bridgestone Potenza GIII 195/60/R14 and want to upgrade to 205/R16's. Will the 16 inches foul with suspension, wheel well etc?

Body Mod's: I wish to modify the front & rear bumper, any pointers on where is the best place in Bangalore to do this?
16" is very common on the swift these days and IMO is necessary for the drool factor. Thought personally I have 15" because we occasionally hit the highway and rural area's. Talk to raven about tyre+rim as he can give you a demo in some of his setups.

Dont modify the bumpers, just remove stock and plonk in the Swift Sport kit. These are the best around and will not cause problems while negotiating speed breakers etc. Again raven has stock of these
Old 10th April 2009, 16:44   #1604

Thanks Viper, those were helpfull words.

Abhishek

[quote=viper;1254259]
Quote:

Please HELP!

Thanks in advance
Abhishek

Abhishek,

With response to your queries I would like to make 2 comments.

1> A swift does not give very good results with just the mods that you plan and will be very difficult for you to get 100 bhp out of the same. You can of course get it if you mod further in terms of port/polish and more.

Will not refer any brands or names as am not allowed to do so but you are looking at a approx of Rs1.20/-lacs and upwards for your entire list.

Viper
Thanks Cheif, The "Sports Kit" sounds good but where/how can I find "Raven" who has these goodies?

Abhishek

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
16" is very common on the swift these days and IMO is necessary for the drool factor. Thought personally I have 15" because we occasionally hit the highway and rural area's. Talk to raven about tyre+rim as he can give you a demo in some of his setups.

Dont modify the bumpers, just remove stock and plonk in the Swift Sport kit. These are the best around and will not cause problems while negotiating speed breakers etc. Again raven has stock of these
Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Jaggu : 10th April 2009 at 17:34. Reason: back to back posts
Old 10th April 2009, 17:13   #1605
BHPian

header port polish in hyderabad....

hey guys, i know we currently on the line of adivsing for the mods some one has asked here, but need some help if any one knows of any place in Hyderabad where you can get port polish done and whats the approx cost in getting the same done, need this for my swift. Also some advise interms of how effective is it without any other adds.. for instance i currently have added only K&N filter and FFE, with just these does it make any sense to get port polish done else what could be the immediate next mild performance mods that we could look at.

Most Viewed