Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2010, 10:59   #1921
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honda_dude View Post
hey guys.

i recently got a pipercross air filter and hks iridium spark plugs for my car. wanted to replace the cables as well. which brand should i go in for. has any of the swift owners done this..

If you are changing to iridium plugs that is fine, but you DO NOT HAVE to change the cables unless ofcourse they are giving problems. You will not have any "gains" from changing the cables.

I am saying this as I had changed to those "fancy" cables on reccomendation of my "tooner" which I later realized did NOTHING to performance other than adding color to the engine bay. This was on my Lancer though.

cheers
Old 25th October 2010, 11:53   #1922
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagrocks7 View Post
Hello Friend's. ↲↲I have a 5 year old swift and i am facing problem with the rattling sound which arises as the car get's old.↲↲I really want to get rid of this problem, kindly provide me inputs for the same. The noise is generally from the front door pads and the dashboard which is noticeable in bumps and bad road.
Check this product on the classifieds. The sound deadening sheets can help reduce your door rattling sound to a great extend.
http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...g-sheets.html/
Old 25th October 2010, 14:42   #1923
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
If you are changing to iridium plugs that is fine, but you DO NOT HAVE to change the cables unless ofcourse they are giving problems. You will not have any "gains" from changing the cables.

I am saying this as I had changed to those "fancy" cables on reccomendation of my "tooner" which I later realized did NOTHING to performance other than adding color to the engine bay. This was on my Lancer though.

cheers
hey Ricky.

thanks for the advise buddy. I have switched to Iridium spark plugs. also took advise from many people regarding the cable. everyone suggested that there is no power gain from changing the cables. just fancy color under the hood.

now thinking for going for an automech freeflow system. also ricky wanted to know whether u have done anything in ur swift for improved braking. mine is a VXi without ABS. and the brakes are horrid.
Old 26th October 2010, 09:53   #1924
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hey Ricky.

thanks for the advise buddy. I have switched to Iridium spark plugs. also took advise from many people regarding the cable. everyone suggested that there is no power gain from changing the cables. just fancy color under the hood.

now thinking for going for an automech freeflow system. also ricky wanted to know whether u have done anything in ur swift for improved braking. mine is a VXi without ABS. and the brakes are horrid.

The freeflow you intend to add is a good idea. As for the brakes, well I have a Zxi, hence the ABS advantage. I just replaced SGP OE brake pads & am happy with the brakes. Though I might have to take a relook once my Turbo is in place.

Braking also depends on the condition of suspension & most importantly what tyres you are running. I am running 205/55/15's Potenza GIII's, and I have new struts. All the factors combined make for good or poor braking.

Hope that helps

Cheers
Old 26th October 2010, 12:57   #1925
BHPian

Hi all,
I just got K&N high-flow Air filter with intake pipe for my swift petrol (year2008)

Should I install it by myself or should I have to go to the expert.

Please advice as soon as possible. As I have planned to go out in diwali vacation and I will travel near about 2000km in 15 days.

Is there any tuning work have to do? Cos I am not technical expert, so please advice me.
Thanks!!
Old 26th October 2010, 13:00   #1926
BHPian

These are the pictures of my K&N filter along with intake pipe.
Attached Thumbnails
Swift Mods : Post all queries / pics of Swift Modifications here.-img_2786.jpg  

Swift Mods : Post all queries / pics of Swift Modifications here.-img_2787.jpg  

Swift Mods : Post all queries / pics of Swift Modifications here.-img_2788.jpg  

Swift Mods : Post all queries / pics of Swift Modifications here.-img_2789.jpg  

Old 26th October 2010, 13:54   #1927
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
The freeflow you intend to add is a good idea. As for the brakes, well I have a Zxi, hence the ABS advantage. I just replaced SGP OE brake pads & am happy with the brakes. Though I might have to take a relook once my Turbo is in place.

Braking also depends on the condition of suspension & most importantly what tyres you are running. I am running 205/55/15's Potenza GIII's, and I have new struts. All the factors combined make for good or poor braking.

Hope that helps

Cheers

hey Ricky,

my swift is relatively new with the odo reading of around 30k. I am running 205 / 55 r15 yokohama S Drives so i guess going for after market brake pads should help. the suspension hasnt given any problems till date. Actually I was contemplating going for dual exhausts but as the rear bumper has a mould for the exhaust it will look out of place. Also the automech guy (Vivek) suggested that its better to go in for single exhaust. I dont intend to turbo charge the swift as its a daily use car. was wondering if anything else could be done to increase power.

also i recently drove the new K series swift. somehow i felt that it lacks the power of the old 1.3 swift. no doubt about the increased mileage but still i'd prefer the power.
Old 26th October 2010, 16:04   #1928
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hey Ricky,

my swift is relatively new with the odo reading of around 30k. I am running 205 / 55 r15 yokohama S Drives so i guess going for after market brake pads should help. the suspension hasnt given any problems till date. Actually I was contemplating going for dual exhausts but as the rear bumper has a mould for the exhaust it will look out of place. Also the automech guy (Vivek) suggested that its better to go in for single exhaust. I dont intend to turbo charge the swift as its a daily use car. was wondering if anything else could be done to increase power.

also i recently drove the new K series swift. somehow i felt that it lacks the power of the old 1.3 swift. no doubt about the increased mileage but still i'd prefer the power.

Hi

Ok so the car is relatively new, you have a good set of tyres (I assume with adequate tread), the suspension should be ok at 30k on the odo. You can go in for performance brake pads, that should certainly help.

Cheers
Old 27th October 2010, 11:31   #1929
DNS
BHPian

Which break pads do you'll suggest for the swift? For discs the Tarox fit and perform perfect.
Old 29th October 2010, 16:02   #1930
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNS View Post
Which break pads do you'll suggest for the swift? For discs the Tarox fit and perform perfect.

Those are good, you can check Pete's website or you can look at TMD also.
Old 8th November 2010, 19:19   #1931
BHPian

Saw this modified Swift ZXi last week.

Swift Mods : Post all queries / pics of Swift Modifications here.-img_4346.jpg

Swift Mods : Post all queries / pics of Swift Modifications here.-img_4347.jpg

Swift Mods : Post all queries / pics of Swift Modifications here.-img_4348.jpg

The owner should have invested some money in putting better tires rather than these modifications.

Thanks,
Jose.
Old 9th November 2010, 09:58   #1932
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by josejoseph View Post
Saw this modified Swift ZXi last week.

Attachment 450791

Attachment 450792

Attachment 450793

The owner should have invested some money in putting better tires rather than these modifications.

Thanks,
Jose.
True.. The car needs wider tires and somehow that bodykit isnt good. The side skirts are too big for my liking and this bodykit is becoming very common in Cochin nowadays.. Spotted many Swifts with these.
Old 26th November 2010, 11:36   #1933
BHPian

For my Swift VDI looking for K&N air filter, when checked with dealers there are 3 options

1. K&N stock replacement filter
2. K&N universal High flow air filter
3. K&N Apollo Kit

Most of the people are suggesting to go with K&N Apollo kit, but there is no mention about the performance improvement after using Apollo kit.

Please help me with this information and which is the best buy for swift diesel
Old 7th December 2010, 16:08   #1934
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw this modded swift few days back. You can either call this to be W&W
Attached Thumbnails
Swift Mods : Post all queries / pics of Swift Modifications here.-img00101201012041625.jpg  

Old 31st December 2010, 13:09   #1935
DNS
BHPian

Re: Swift Mods : Post all queries / pics of Swift Modifications here.

Saw this last night.

It doesnot increase the with of the car at all.

Anyone know where I can get this fender?
Attached Thumbnails
Swift Mods : Post all queries / pics of Swift Modifications here.-1.jpg  

Swift Mods : Post all queries / pics of Swift Modifications here.-2.jpg  

Swift Mods : Post all queries / pics of Swift Modifications here.-3.jpg  

Most Viewed