Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2012, 10:37   #2056
Senior - BHPian

Re: Swift Mods : Post all queries / pics of Swift Modifications here.

Black would suit best. Silver will stand out and may look odd.
Old 12th March 2012, 10:46   #2057
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Try getting something similar to what I have. Also I would suggest you to paint the lower bumper lip to body color or remove it. I personally like the stock sports bumpers (although its pretty common)
I was planing to get the lower bumper lip covered with CF sticker as on the hood and bumper if not paint it to black or body color as you said.
Old 12th March 2012, 10:49   #2058
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
Thanks a lot. Black is the call as of now.
Old 16th March 2012, 15:39   #2059
DNS
BHPian

Hello Boys, been a while since I've posted. has anyone put a 4 wheel drive system onto a swift? These 4x4 Swifts are available in North America & parts of EU. Please let me know if any of u guys have any information on the same.

I am also looking for the Swift Sport bumper & skirting. I want the original kit, not the Hikari body kit.

Please help. Thanks.
Old 16th March 2012, 23:44   #2060
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
Quote:
I would say black since it would go well with the hood.
As you suggested, Got the Black mesh done. Thanks a lot.
Attached Thumbnails
Swift Mods : Post all queries / pics of Swift Modifications here.-photo12.jpg  

Swift Mods : Post all queries / pics of Swift Modifications here.-photo13.jpg  

Last edited by jagrocks7 : 16th March 2012 at 23:51. Reason: Had to attach 1 more image.
jagrocks7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2012, 09:24   #2061
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagrocks7 View Post
As you suggested, Got the Black mesh done. Thanks a lot.
Now that's what am talking about. Awesome bro. Looks super cool. So what's next?
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2012, 20:46   #2062
BHPian

Quote:
Now that's what am talking about. Awesome bro. Looks super cool. So what's next?
Just got Placed, Would start working from June , So something next would be only that time. All pocket money already gone. Still any more suggestions apart from the bumper lip to be colored in Body color. ? I wanted to put an HAM antenna, I understand no functionality its just for the looks.
Old 18th March 2012, 08:49   #2063
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Just got Placed, Would start working from June , So something next would be only that time. All pocket money already gone. Still any more suggestions apart from the bumper lip to be colored in Body color. ? I wanted to put an HAM antenna, I understand no functionality its just for the looks.
So much even before getting a job . That's great. I personally do not prefer to overdo the mods. Keep it simple. I would suggest you to go for some slick side skirts. I think the ones you have right now is a bit too big and boxy type.
Old 18th March 2012, 11:17   #2064
BHPian

Quote:
So much even before getting a job . That's great. I personally do not prefer to overdo the mods. Keep it simple. I would suggest you to go for some slick side skirts. I think the ones you have right now is a bit too big and boxy type.
It took me almost 3 years, used to keep on doing something as the budget permitted( you know a students life ), I still remember days of college when I was crazy to mod the car, no matter the car stayed in the parking area for months as no money was left for petrol.

Noted about the skirting, any specific design that I can look for in the market or I should get it custom made?
Old 19th March 2012, 09:46   #2065
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
It took me almost 3 years, used to keep on doing something as the budget permitted( you know a students life ), I still remember days of college when I was crazy to mod the car, no matter the car stayed in the parking area for months as no money was left for petrol.

Noted about the skirting, any specific design that I can look for in the market or I should get it custom made?
I understand that. I started my mods when I joined for work. Had some funds when I started but now am married so have limited funds .

Try to go for a custom design. I got mine from bhpian Ramesh (Blore). Hope you have seen his designs. Get in touch with him if you are in Blore. Check out my thread to see the design.
Old 19th March 2012, 15:40   #2066
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju

I understand that. I started my mods when I joined for work. Had some funds when I started but now am married so have limited funds .

Try to go for a custom design. I got mine from bhpian Ramesh (Blore). Hope you have seen his designs. Get in touch with him if you are in Blore. Check out my thread to see the design.
What is ramesh's user id ? I too want to get some minor mods fine.
Old 19th March 2012, 16:05   #2067
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
What is ramesh's user id ? I too want to get some minor mods fine.
Here's his handle on tbhp - R.K.Ramesh
He does some fantastic designs. Check out his place.
Old 16th April 2012, 17:40   #2068
BHPian

Friends!
We have finalized 2005 Swift ZXi 40K Odo Swift for 3.2L (in Bangalore). This car has 16"Momo alloys, 205 Tyre. Our worry was It is also modified with Green Filter and Silencer + Exhaust Pipe that gives racing sound. Pickup is average and not great, but give nice sound.

This was modified by first owner, and the second owner did not drive it much and his last service also more than a year old.

When we are seeing the old acccessories that was available with this second owner, 1. Tradition Air Filter, 2. Silencer & exhaust pipe 3. Engine out to Silencer exhaust made up of Iron. This one had four outlets becoming single piple.

Please let us know what are the likely modifications done to this vehicle? Should we check for any other details? The owner claims 12KM / Lit as mileage in the city.

Please reply ASAP, as we are planning to settle the cash by tonight.
Old 16th April 2012, 17:47   #2069
Senior - BHPian

@TeddyBear - All the mods mentioned are level one mods, which can be quite easily undone if you want to. Why does a cast iron manifold surprise you? Since you mentioned that is a 4x1, the car must be loud. Just ensure from the service records that the 40k on the odometer are genuine. Nothing else to be worried about. Also ask the owner if he has done any internal engine mods. If he has then you may have a reason to worry as you will not know the quality of those mods.
vikram_d is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2012, 17:48   #2070
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyBear View Post
Friends!
We have finalized 2005 Swift ZXi 40K Odo Swift for 3.2L (in Bangalore). This car has 16"Momo alloys, 205 Tyre. Our worry was It is also modified with Green Filter and Silencer + Exhaust Pipe that gives racing sound. Pickup is average and not great, but give nice sound.

This was modified by first owner, and the second owner did not drive it much and his last service also more than a year old.

When we are seeing the old acccessories that was available with this second owner, 1. Tradition Air Filter, 2. Silencer & exhaust pipe 3. Engine out to Silencer exhaust made up of Iron. This one had four outlets becoming single piple.

Please let us know what are the likely modifications done to this vehicle? Should we check for any other details? The owner claims 12KM / Lit as mileage in the city.

Please reply ASAP, as we are planning to settle the cash by tonight.

i guess the price been quoated is way too much for a 2005 swift.

when i sold my 2008 swift stock the maximum price which i got was 3.5 lakhs from dealers, then i sold to an individual(and note it was a single owner).

you being the third owner(the price is high). also why the second owner is selling if his usage was almost nil.. looks fishy with this deal.

try in true value, and does the car has service records? insurance ? how much driven.
SPEEDY_RACER is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks