Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2010, 10:07   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post

BTW which tint do you have?
Its a medium tint. The side visors are Toyota accessories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor spirit View Post
your location says mumbai. How come ravindu toyota sticker
The car is a Karnataka registration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Heres a quick chop of what i was suggesting on the bumpers -
Thanks for the pics Akshay, the mesh really looks nice. I'll surely go for them.

I can go for the rear bumper highlights too, but the main question is whether the design itself looks good. Any ideas on how I can improve on that?

Last edited by Eddy : 3rd September 2010 at 10:17. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 3rd September 2010, 10:25   #17
BHPian

Some nice alloys and chunky rubber would morph those extensive body mods and look better.
And please get rid of that bonnet scoop..it takes away the otherwise clean lines of the Altis.

Last edited by jeeva : 3rd September 2010 at 10:26.
Old 3rd September 2010, 10:56   #18
BHPian

1) Liked the side profile of the car. The rear bumper mod looks bad as others have pointed out too. The serrations on the bumper IMO spoil the clean look.
2) The front grill like the one on the Altis Diesel would look better with all those body kits you have installed.
3) 10 or 12 spoke alloys would look better than the stock 7 spoke alloys.
4) The bumper guards should be body coloured or you should lose them.
Old 3rd September 2010, 12:55   #19
GTO
Team-BHP Support

No offense, but since you asked for an honest answer : Your car is way over-done. The body kit is simply too noisy with its unnecessary cuts & curves.

I think the Altis looks great with the official sports kit (which Yogiii posted). If I were you, I'd switch to that and get a meaty alloy wheel & tyre combination.
Old 3rd September 2010, 16:40   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
No offense, but since you asked for an honest answer : Your car is way over-done.
None taken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I think the Altis looks great with the official sports kit (which Yogiii posted). If I were you, I'd switch to that and get a meaty alloy wheel & tyre combination.
I took a look at the Corolla Sports edition before the mod, and the rear looked way too ordinary to me. The bumper unnecessarily protrudes outwards and spoils the curves of the car (I don't have a pic, but the side profile doesn't fit somehow), and even the spoiler was kinda awry. I therefore went for a lip which touches the trunk all the way and which has a slight upward curvature. Sadly, I went overboard with the rear bumper, my bad.

The Altis rear is a little bulky and rounded (see attached pic), which is why conceptualising an elegant-looking rear bumper is a challenge.

Modified Corolla Altis - comments pls + advice on dashtop etc-thai_toyota_corolla_altis_10.jpg

I also saw a few cars going for the rear bumper skirts as shown in the attached pic. Did not like it very much though.

Modified Corolla Altis - comments pls + advice on dashtop etc-rear-bumper.jpg

But I do feel it would be well-worth trying to come up with a decent sports look. I hope its okay if I post a few sketches of some rear bumper concepts, that way I can get feedback from you guys before I realise the designs in metal. As for the alloys, I'm planning to install them soon enough.

Thanks again everyone for your feedback. Please do put up any further suggestions / comments, so I can improve on the car.
Old 3rd September 2010, 18:06   #21
BHPian

These pics are taken from another thread on T-BHP
IMHO this is the best an Altis can look.
You can look for a similar alloy design too.
Modified Corolla Altis - comments pls + advice on dashtop etc-toyotacorolla_sedan_2009_1024x768_wallpaper_1b.jpg
Modified Corolla Altis - comments pls + advice on dashtop etc-toyotacorolla_sedan_2009_1024x768_wallpaper_10.jpg
Old 3rd September 2010, 21:29   #22
Senior - BHPian

I will be frank.I didn't like it one bit. I for one, always believed that the Altis looks best when its stock. The car is just too gorgeous to have any add-on (Ok, accepted the rear is bland.). But, that's me.
Old 3rd September 2010, 22:25   #23
BANNED

Nine T Nine , The car is nice ,i liked the spoiler a lot but others looks too heavy to me.

The bonnet scoop is nice touch ,BTW what was the total cost for the Modd

The Altis posted by YOGI!!! is superb and simple looking !
Old 10th September 2010, 21:21   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Nine T Nine , The car is nice ,i liked the spoiler a lot but others looks too heavy to me.

The bonnet scoop is nice touch ,BTW what was the total cost for the Modd

The Altis posted by YOGI!!! is superb and simple looking !
Hi Josh,

Thanks for your comments; btw its the first positive (I-like-this) comment on the mod, so I owe you one mann

The mod cost me around 40k, including the hood. So when people told me to tear it down, you can understand how heart-breaking it must've been . But yes, as I said earlier, a different point of view certainly helps. I'm working on some of the comments posted earlier, and I'll put up new pics of the car soon.
Old 11th September 2010, 15:23   #25
BHPian

Hello NineT

First of all- Good take on the modification. I sort of like it. You should loose the bumper scratch guards, and the side strips.
I installed Projector CCFL headlights on my 2009 Black Altis. You should check my thread. Its awesome. Much Much better than the stock headlights and definitely a head turner. Hows the body kit? Any change in ground clearance because of it? Where did you get it from?

The Bonet scoop does look nice. I should get one.

you are missing some nice rims. I think you should take an over all silver-black theme to your take. Black rims, Black Projector Headlights - will really change the look of the car.
Loose the front and rear bumper scratch protectors. They really dont do anything I need to get rid of mine too.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 20 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 12th September 2010 at 07:48.
Old 11th September 2010, 15:33   #26
Senior - BHPian

I tell you what. Get fatter wheels and some good 17 or may be even 18 inch alloys.The tyre size i would look at a bare minimum 215 and wont mind 225 also. That should be the top priority. As far as the mods are concerned , I think its overkill and dont like it.
Old 11th September 2010, 17:12   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Nothing much different from whats already been said. The first thing that popped up in my head after seeing the mods, 'all-show-no-go'. Dunno why.

But, I gotta give it to you, you have handled all the criticism really well. Have seen a fair share or 'mod-jobs' posted on T-BHP for advice, and when they don't get much positive feedback, they start flaming others and get banned! Accepting a wrong is the first step to making a right! .

Am bored today. I'll play around with PS and your car, and post something soon.
Old 11th September 2010, 19:16   #28
Senior - BHPian

also look for a spoiler with brake lights. A bland spoiler is too dull.

The pics Yogii has posted has spoilers with brake lights.
Old 11th September 2010, 20:27   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Hello N!Ne-T-N!Ne,

Here are the promised 'chop' jobs. Not very good at it but learning!
Changes are inspired by some of the suggestions given by fellow members so far and some ideas of mine!

- what is removed
+ what is added

Front

- Hood scoop
- Front bumper kit (Not completely)
- Bumper protectors

+ Bigger rims + meaty tyres
+ Smoked headlights
+ Mesh grill
+ Tints on windscreen
+ Two more 'LEDs' on the ORVMs
Modified Corolla Altis - comments pls + advice on dashtop etc-corolla-altis-front-left-2_new.png

Rear

- Rear bumper kit (Not completely)
- Bumper protectors
- Stickers on the rear windshield
- Badges (except Toyota logo)

+ Smoked tail-lights
+ LED lighting strip for the number (Aqua or pure white)
Modified Corolla Altis - comments pls + advice on dashtop etc-corolla-altis-rear-left_new.png

Do let us know though, what you finally decide and do. Even if you plan to keep it as is
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2010, 20:28   #30

First of all, here's wishing you all a very Happy Ganesh Chaturthi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocreative View Post
Hello NineT

First of all- Good take on the modification. I sort of like it. You should loose the bumper scratch guards, and the side strips.
I installed Projector CCFL headlights on my 2009 Black Altis. You should check my thread. Its awesome. Much Much better than the stock headlights and definitely a head turner.

Hows the body kit? Any change in ground clearance because of it? Where did you get it from?
Hey thanks. The black scratch guards will go soon; I am told it involves repainting the bumpers.

I saw your thread before doing my mods, and yes I want to go for the Angels. But I don't want to void my warranty by cutting into the original wires; is there a way around doing that? I mean, can I install an alternate electrical array without touching the original wires? (Sorry if this is a noob question guys )

I am told there's absolutely no change in ground clearance, but I haven't asked for precise measurements. So far, I have used the car extensively in Andheri (where you have all kinds of topsy-turvy speedbreakers) and I haven't had that familar "thud" underneath the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
But, I gotta give it to you, you have handled all the criticism really well. Have seen a fair share or 'mod-jobs' posted on T-BHP for advice, and when they don't get much positive feedback, they start flaming others and get banned! Accepting a wrong is the first step to making a right! .

Am bored today. I'll play around with PS and your car, and post something soon.
Thanks, eagerly looking forward to your edits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
also look for a spoiler with brake lights. A bland spoiler is too dull.
Hi Amit,

I saw a lip with a brake light, but I did not want to put that in the Altis. There are already enough lights on the rear, including a brake light behind the rear seats. But thanks for the suggestion, and do let me know if you have anything else to add.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks