Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2010, 20:40   #31
Senior - BHPian

I would disagree with people saying its impossible to do some good work on the Altis. Would also recommend people be less caustic in their judgment. It is always difficult to get such aesthetics right in the first go.

My take would be to reiterate what most said, lose the sharp lines. Perhaps, smaller side skirts would help with the subtle look.
The front grill and the air dam would look great with black mesh. You could try and play around with the air dam design.
Silver color would be slightly difficult to give a menacing look. Would a colour change be possible?
Bigger dusted gun metal rims and wider rubber are already on your agenda.

All the best!
Old 11th September 2010, 20:45   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by N!Ne-T-N!Ne View Post
First of all, here's wishing you all a very Happy Ganesh Chaturthi!
Thanks, eagerly looking forward to your edits.
Happy Ganesh Chaturthi to you as well mate, looks like we posted around the same time. I have uploaded the edits. Have a look and let us know how you feel about it.
Old 11th September 2010, 23:29   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
I would disagree with people saying its impossible to do some good work on the Altis. Would also recommend people be less caustic in their judgment. It is always difficult to get such aesthetics right in the first go.
Hi Ess,

Thanks for the post. IMHO the Altis is a fantastic car for corporate guys, and I genuinely admire a purist sentiment when someone says "Its a formal car, so don't modify it". But after the car was modified, I really liked the overall look, and it left me thinking "Why I don't see more modded Corollas around here?". Unfortunately, an Altis is not as affordable here as it is in, let's say, the USA or the Far East, where even students can afford one. Hence, people tend to look at the car from a high-class perspective, and it would give owners a cardiac attack if someone told them about modifying the ride.

Having said that, there are areas where I can work on the car and then we can let the consensus decide on the overall look from a neutral, non-purist perspective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
The front grill and the air dam would look great with black mesh. You could try and play around with the air dam design.
Silver color would be slightly difficult to give a menacing look. Would a colour change be possible?
The air dam is stock, so this is a nice suggestion thanks

Reg the color, it can't change sorry, so I have to work with silver and possibly black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Hello N!Ne-T-N!Ne,

Here are the promised 'chop' jobs. Not very good at it but learning!
Changes are inspired by some of the suggestions given by fellow members so far and some ideas of mine!
Hi CO2,
The chops are simply fantastic . Pls teach me PS .

Many thanks for the pics, I'll surely keep you and everyone else posted as and how I take up the mods. I'm a little tied up since I have Ganpati at home (its the first time I brought the Ganpati home in my Altis), so once the festival is done, I can start work on the car. I liked the idea of the rear license plate LED very much. Btw I have a StreetGlow original OPTX Undercar Kit in Neo Blue, which I want to try on the Altis. Would you suggest I go for it?

For now, the rear stickers are gone. Also, the hood depression had a black lining which I have now removed, so that's in silver.
Old 12th September 2010, 01:24   #34
BHPian

Hey NineT,

The installation of the projector headlights did not involve any cutting of wires. It fits right in. No mods needed. Even uses the same stock bulbs. Look into it.

The pictures above, are they Photoshop Edits? Sort of confused since you removed a few additions.

The rims look great. I am on the look out for a good pair of rims for my rides too.

Yes the Side panel and Scratch guards would require some kind of repaint... which sucks. I plan on getting them removed too. This could be the only time where I can't wait for a scratch on my car so I can repaint it

You are right about the crowd that owns Corollas here VS Abroad. Corolla here is a luxury car with more of the 40s-60 age people owning it. THe banks need to provide more financing options so that the younger crowd can get it too and pimp it out

Where did you buy your body kit?

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 20 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 12th September 2010 at 07:50.
Old 12th September 2010, 07:17   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

@99: Glad you liked 'em. And guess what, I had 'added' a underglow neon too!! Freaky! But for the surroundings, it wasn't looking natural, so left it out. Will add them and post by today evening.

As for the debadging, now thats a start. Smoked lights will complement the de-badged look very well. Try it.

@joe-creative : Thats a photoshop job man. Just wanted to give 99 a perspective as to how would removal of a few elements would look. Wheels are from DB7.
Old 12th September 2010, 08:49   #36
Team-BHP Support

Another way to look at this in case if you don't want to go for massive changes.

Paint bonnet/side skirting/bumper skirting with darker shade of metallic gray. Paint matt black for grill.
Change and up-size the wheel.
Please note: That's not the alloy I'm suggesting. It's a borrowed one from Nissan.

Modified Corolla Altis - comments pls + advice on dashtop etc-corolla-altis.jpg

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 12th September 2010 at 08:50.
Rudra Sen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2010, 09:48   #37
Team-BHP Support

Wow what an idea Sirji.

Dark light contrast is looking sweet. The smoked headlamps from the corolla XRS and the diesel altis matt black grill will complete the look.
Old 12th September 2010, 11:47   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Heres a quick chop of what i was suggesting on the bumpers -
I like what Akshay1234 has posted and it looks like the most doable keeping mind the current bumpers and skirts.

To add to that, a complete de-badged look at the rear and body color on the chrome strip on the boot would look good IMO. Can someone do a PS job to show this please?

Also wondering if its possible to loose the side fins on the current front bumper, like in the pictures which Dry_Ice posted without replacing the bumper?

Edit.. just saw that Dry_Ice has already posted the debagded look. Looks nice

Last edited by heavy_foot : 12th September 2010 at 11:51.
Old 12th September 2010, 23:16   #39
BHPian

DryIce, Great job on the Photoshop work man. If you have (some more) time , could you take a stab at giving me ideas on what I can do on my Black Altis? You can find the link of my Modification thread under my posts. Any visual inputs would be appreciated. Thanks.

Got a question these side skirts though. Are the fibre parts strong? Will they last?
Also if you make these designs, how can you be sure that you can get parts that look like these?
Old 13th September 2010, 07:36   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Thank joe, glad you liked 'em too! Frankly, I have no idea about the materials used for the skirts, their strength etc.

Having said that, mostly I think they are some kind of fibre-resin moulded/stuck on to a stock bumper, sanded and then the whole thing is primed/painted, thus giving it a uniform look. Strength would depend a lot on the worksmanship and the materials used.

It was just that 99 needed an opinion about his car, and I photoshoped some of it to show him what could look better. I think 99 will be able to shed some more light on these questions as to how do you get these shapes.

About your car, well it already looks evil!! Will try nonetheless!
Old 13th September 2010, 15:28   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocreative View Post
Hey NineT,

The installation of the projector headlights did not involve any cutting of wires. It fits right in. No mods needed. Even uses the same stock bulbs. Look into it.
Didn't know that. I'll get this verified by a Toyota Service Center and then go for the Angels.

Quote:
Where did you buy your body kit?
I got it done from Ravi and Atish at Blazed Customs. I saw his work first and I was really impressed. The front bumper was his idea; he showed me a few sketches and I picked the one installed. He also suggested going for a lip instead of a bulky spoiler, which nicely complemented the overall looks of the car. Doing the hood was my idea, and I wanted it to come out something like this (did the sketch myself):

Modified Corolla Altis - comments pls + advice on dashtop etc-altis-hood-sketch.jpg

Unfortunately, the body frame under the hood did not allow for the two smaller depressions so we settled for a bigger depression in the center. The guy is fantastic to work with, and although the entire costs turned out to be a little expensive (for me that is, others may find it economical), I felt it was worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Another way to look at this in case if you don't want to go for massive changes.

Attachment 422292
Hi Rudra,

Thanks a lot for the chops! I think I should learn PS asap; it would've probably saved me some heartache if I'd done this earlier. As I said, I worked with sketches and that's an ancient technology isn't it

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_foot View Post
Also wondering if its possible to loose the side fins on the current front bumper, like in the pictures which Dry_Ice posted without replacing the bumper?
Hi Heavy_foot,

Yes I liked that alteration too, but I'm not sure whether I can get that smooth finish (I mean without any visible borders). Will let you know if that's possible.
Old 14th September 2010, 16:58   #42
BHPian

You should also consider placing your number plate in the lower grill, rather than on the bumper. If thats street legal over here ofcourse.
Old 15th September 2010, 04:00   #43
BHPian

Hows this for a quick mockup?
Attached Thumbnails
Modified Corolla Altis - comments pls + advice on dashtop etc-asdsadsaasd.jpg  

Old 15th September 2010, 21:32   #44

Quote:
Hows this for a quick mockup?
Wow, that's smokin' hot !!!

But guess what, my dad drives the car too, and he's past his late 50s and well-respected in his company. So unless I want to portray to his subordinates that their boss has suddenly gone totally eccentric, I won't go for it

But I must hand it to you, the car looks fantastic; I'll probably go for something like this later once the car is past its prime. Btw are you planning on modding your Altis as well?
Old 15th September 2010, 23:26   #45
BHPian

Yeh that would be one smokin hot dad too if he can pull it off

After I created your mockup, I played with mine too and posted a pic on my thread. Check it out.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks