Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2010, 20:42   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subhashnm View Post
Btw, @iPai and @rk_sans: I am planning to buy these bulbs because I'm going on a night drive to Kerala, which would mean about 5-6 continuous hours of headlight usage. Have you faced any issue with heat or anything? I know there shouldn't be any issue with wattage being the same, but just to make sure
Its been more than 6 months and 'n' number of night trips, "Touch wood" no issues till now. And personally i prefer night drive when it is a long trip, so no issues till now.
Old 8th September 2010, 22:32   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_jg View Post
My mechanic says that it's not possible to fit a relay to tha Palio 1.2. I am looking for better illumination from the stock headlamps.
What would you guys suggest I do? Is there any bulb in the market which can be just plugged in without modifications to improve illumination (even if it's just a bit).
Osram NightBreakers have drop in replacement bulbs. Quite a few owners have used it and reported better performance. I feel that the high beam of Palio is quite powerful and it is the low beam that needs a punch and reach. You could go for Low beam first and see the difference. It is H7 55w bulbs. However it is a bit expensive - 1600 a pair.
Old 14th September 2010, 10:05   #18
BHPian

Update: Thanks to the directions of iPai, I bought the Philips Xtreme Power H4 60/55W from A.K. Traders, JC road for Rs.825. Thanks again, iPai!

Got it fitted from a mechanic at Electronics City for Rs.50. This was after a 'genius' mechanic near my apartment at Garvebhavi Palaya quoted Rs.250/- to do the same!

As some of us already know, it is a pain to change the bulb in an i10. Normally in other cars, all you have to do is to lift the hood and unscrew the bulb from the back of the headlamp assembly as it is quickly reachable. But in i10, the engine bay is so tightly packed that the whole headlamp assembly needs to be removed to be able to change the bulb. Despite the extra effort, the shop (the one on the left on the service road when going to the city just before the NICE road entrance) charged only 50/-.

The feel after the light change: it is definitely better by 30-40%. Earlier I wouldn't have been able to confidently to 100kmph on the highway in high beam, but now I can do 80-90 in low beam itself! Definitely worth the money.

Thanks to all those here who gave me inputs; you guys just made my trip to Kerala a much better experience than the last one!

Last edited by subhashnm : 14th September 2010 at 10:05. Reason: Correction
subhashnm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2010, 11:00   #19
Senior - BHPian

You are right. I also replaced the low beam bulbs of my Civic with Philips Xtreme Power 9006 bulbs and there is a big difference. I had to get the bulbs ordered from ebay since I could not get that size from anywhere here.
Old 14th September 2010, 11:20   #20
BHPian

Can you please advise wether the same bulb (Philips Extreme Power H4 60/55W) can be fitted on Wagon R, is there any size specification for the bulbs other than the wattage?

Last edited by Anil Vincent : 14th September 2010 at 11:22. Reason: bulb details
Old 14th September 2010, 11:49   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anil Vincent View Post
Can you please advise wether the same bulb (Philips Extreme Power H4 60/55W) can be fitted on Wagon R, is there any size specification for the bulbs other than the wattage?

H4
is the key specification that you need to check. I guess it should be the same. You can check if the Wagon R has also got H4 bulbs as stock. You can do this without removing anything, just look thru the headlight glass, in the 'rim' below the bulb glass, you can see 'H4 55/60 W' etched in black.
Blue Thunder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2010, 12:27   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
You are right. I also replaced the low beam bulbs of my Civic with Philips Xtreme Power 9006 bulbs and there is a big difference. I had to get the bulbs ordered from ebay since I could not get that size from anywhere here.
how much did you pay for this H7 bulbs?

Last edited by aks_karthik : 14th September 2010 at 12:28.
Old 14th September 2010, 13:22   #23
BHPian

what should i do do enchance the headlight throw to white light? is it true as i read in another forum philips Diamond vision helps it but it got it own constraints therefore is it advaisable to go for Osram Night breaker? which is 20% more whiter than ordinary bulbthrow. Members please help me to get the white lighj effect in ANHC which is H4 & i have already upgraded to 100/90 phillips rally using additonal cut out and ceramic holders i am fully satisfied with the lights throw but i still need the white effect as i have replaced my parking lights to LED white light so there is a contrast between the headlight and parking light when i use it in the nightone more does the Philips Diamond vision come in 100/ 90 Which is the best way to bring white light effect to my car as i travell more in city i don't mind the rain effect blurring my vision as i have road light to assist, if at all i need to travel long distance which is once or twice in a year i may change the bulbs to yellow light myself as its easy to change in ANHC yourself.

Last edited by sathyaprakash : 14th September 2010 at 13:27.
Old 14th September 2010, 14:22   #24
Senior - BHPian

Philips Crystal Vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
what should i do do enchance the headlight throw to white light? ... philips Diamond vision helps ...one more does the Philips Diamond vision come in 100/ 90 Which is the best way to bring white light effect to my car ...
Maybe you should try Philips Crystal Vision ( /Ultra) in H4 90/100W.

Philips Crystal Vision --> White light
Philips Diamond Vision --> Blue-white light
Old 14th September 2010, 18:12   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subhashnm View Post
Update: Thanks to the directions of iPai, I bought the Philips Xtreme Power H4 60/55W from A.K. Traders, JC road for Rs.825. Thanks again, iPai!

Got it fitted from a mechanic at Electronics City for Rs.50. This was after a 'genius' mechanic near my apartment at Garvebhavi Palaya quoted Rs.250/- to do the same!

As some of us already know, it is a pain to change the bulb in an i10. Normally in other cars, all you have to do is to lift the hood and unscrew the bulb from the back of the headlamp assembly as it is quickly reachable. But in i10, the engine bay is so tightly packed that the whole headlamp assembly needs to be removed to be able to change the bulb. Despite the extra effort, the shop (the one on the left on the service road when going to the city just before the NICE road entrance) charged only 50/-.

The feel after the light change: it is definitely better by 30-40%. Earlier I wouldn't have been able to confidently to 100kmph on the highway in high beam, but now I can do 80-90 in low beam itself! Definitely worth the money.

Thanks to all those here who gave me inputs; you guys just made my trip to Kerala a much better experience than the last one!

Was Rs.825 after bargaining?If so what was the price originally quoted.Also can you please give me the directions to get to the AK traders?
Old 14th September 2010, 18:35   #26
BHPian

It was Rs.825 fixed price. Way cheaper than the 1200/- they quoted at a Koramangala shop. After I got the quote from AK Traders, I called up the other shop and bargained with them. They flat out refused to come down below 1100/-.

Directions, thanks to iPai:
AK Traders
Phone: (080) 26707295
Address: 22/23, 1st Floor, 3rd Cross, Journalist Colony, J.C Road , Bangalore- 560027, Karnataka
Landmark: Near Minerva Circle

If you driving/riding, get on JC Road from Lalbagh side, take a left at the first signal, and one more left at 3rd cross. This shop will be on your right side, first floor.
Old 14th September 2010, 18:58   #27
Team-BHP Support

I picked up a set from Sprocket last week for Rs 1100 without any bargain and with bill. Was in a hurry to drive to Kerala so skipped the idea of going to JC Road.

This bulb works superb inside a swift head light. 55/60 is good enough for our indian roads, both highway and city with this set up.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2010, 20:31   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
I picked up a set from Sprocket last week for Rs 1100 without any bargain and with bill. Was in a hurry to drive to Kerala so skipped the idea of going to JC Road.
I too got it with bill from AK Traders. I was in a hurry too as I had to travel to Kerala the next day. Ended up having to leave for a couple of hours during lunch time to go to JC road and come back.

I heard you were looking for this bulb too (my uncle works with you) , and were unable to find it in quite a few shops.
Old 28th September 2010, 01:08   #29
BHPian

Whats the lifespan of xtreme power ? How do they fare against 100/90 ? I am wondering if i need to upgrade as well. The stock headlamps in Spark is pathetic.
Old 28th September 2010, 09:52   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karty_83 View Post
Whats the lifespan of xtreme power ? How do they fare against 100/90 ? I am wondering if i need to upgrade as well. The stock headlamps in Spark is pathetic.
I am a recent-convert; so I wouldn't have a clue about the lifespan. But in comparison with 100/90W, I can say that definitely 100/90 bulbs are brighter (I checked it against my uncle's car) - well, it must be! The wattage is 66% more!

Most Viewed