Team-BHP - Philips Xtreme H4 60/55W headlamps - price
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Philips Xtreme H4 60/55W headlamps - price (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/88443-philips-xtreme-h4-60-55w-headlamps-price.html)

I am planning to change the stock headlamps of my i10 to Philips Xtreme H4 60/55W. A shop in Koramanagala, Bangalore quoted Rs.1200/-, which is also the MRP on the box (no installation charges) for a set of two. Is that the normal price they are getting sold at? Is there somewhere in Bangalore where I can get it cheaper?

Quote:

Originally Posted by subhashnm (Post 2059075)
I am planning to change the stock headlamps of my i10 to Philips Xtreme H4 60/55W. A shop in Koramanagala, Bangalore quoted Rs.1200/-, which is also the MRP on the box (no installation charges) for a set of two. Is that the normal price they are getting sold at? Is there somewhere in Bangalore where I can get it cheaper?

Hi Subhash, hows your i10 doing? You didn't update your stock ICE thread for a long time.

By the way i had bought the Philips Xtreme lamps for Rs 800 from the direct dealer near J C Road(Quite some time ago). I remember giving the driving instructions to rohan(IIRC).
Just search for posts from me and in them search for "Philips". Till then i will also search myself.

For the same price, you can get a complete 100/90w changeover, including wiring, ceramic holders, relay etc.

I had installed Osram Cool Blue 100/90w bulbs for the same price which also included ceramic holders, relay, wiring and fitting charges.

My mechanic says that it's not possible to fit a relay to tha Palio 1.2. I am looking for better illumination from the stock headlamps.
What would you guys suggest I do? Is there any bulb in the market which can be just plugged in without modifications to improve illumination (even if it's just a bit).

Quote:

Originally Posted by subhashnm (Post 2059075)
... A shop in Koramanagala, Bangalore quoted Rs.1200/-, which is also the MRP on the box (no installation charges) for a set of two. ..

Chennai : cost of Philips Xtreme Power is Rs.700-800/- per pair (for both 55/60W and 90/100W). For the 55/60W H4, it will be a direct fit on existing lamp-holder (DIY job) , for the 90/100W, you will need the relay and extra wiring.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mb_jg (Post 2059706)
My mechanic says that it's not possible to fit a relay to tha Palio 1.2. ...

:eek:

Please change your mechanic !

replacing with 55/60W XtremePower is a good option : no extra relay/wire.
Atleast 40% extra brightness (not 80% as claimed by mfr.)

check this site.

Car Bulbs at Power Bulbs

Quote:

Originally Posted by iPai (Post 2059205)
Hi Subhash, hows your i10 doing? You didn't update your stock ICE thread for a long time.

By the way i had bought the Philips Xtreme lamps for Rs 800 from the direct dealer near J C Road(Quite some time ago). I remember giving the driving instructions to rohan(IIRC).
Just search for posts from me and in them search for "Philips". Till then i will also search myself.

Hey, thanks, iPai. I'll check out your posts for the address. About the ICE, I've just left it like that and decided to suffer :( It is too much of a hazzle going for a headset change. A comprehensive speaker replacement is still in my agenda, though. Just that its priority is pretty low.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nishantgandhi (Post 2059531)
For the same price, you can get a complete 100/90w changeover, including wiring, ceramic holders, relay etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveen.raju (Post 2059688)
I had installed Osram Cool Blue 100/90w bulbs for the same price which also included ceramic holders, relay, wiring and fitting charges.

I know, but wouldn't that void the warranty? That is my only concern about upgrading to 100/90W bulbs. I've got two more years of electrical warranty left and why throw it off is what I'm thinking.

Quote:

Originally Posted by subhashnm (Post 2060041)
Hey, thanks, iPai. I'll check out your posts for the address. About the ICE, I've just left it like that and decided to suffer :( It is too much of a hazzle going for a headset change. A comprehensive speaker replacement is still in my agenda, though. Just that its priority is pretty low.

I know, but wouldn't that void the warranty? That is my only concern about upgrading to 100/90W bulbs. I've got two more years of electrical warranty left and why throw it off is what I'm thinking.

If you dont cut the wires, it wont void the warranty. But I would suggest you to stick with stock rated bulbs since higher rated bulbs have side effects if you use them on a long run.
Else, you can check out HID's but will be expensive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by subhashnm (Post 2060041)

I got the 60/55W so didn't worry about the warranty.

For the details about the dealer:
See the following:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post1596884

and for directions:
See the following:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post1596884

Regarding the ICE, we can meet sometime and compare our stocks. I need to hear once from your stock ICE:)

@subhashnm,
I was also of same dilemma, whether to upgrade and what would it happen to warranty.
then i decided i will try Philips xtreme first. Got the address from @ipai (direct dealar on JC road), paid Rs.850 and got it installed from a local mechanic for Rs.50.
Frankly speaking, i am happy with it. Thanks a lot for the suggestions by @ipai on this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iPai (Post 2060277)
I got the 60/55W so didn't worry about the warranty.

For the details about the dealer:

Regarding the ICE, we can meet sometime and compare our stocks. I need to hear once from your stock ICE

Thank you, iPai! Now I know whom to PM when it comes to questions on i10 ;)

About the ICE, sure, I would love to do that too! I'm off to Kerala this weekend, so let's plan for one of the coming weekends. I will send you a PM.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rk_sans (Post 2060364)
@subhashnm,
I was also of same dilemma, whether to upgrade and what would it happen to warranty.
then i decided i will try Philips xtreme first. Got the address from @ipai (direct dealar on JC road), paid Rs.850 and got it installed from a local mechanic for Rs.50.
Frankly speaking, i am happy with it. Thanks a lot for the suggestions by @ipai on this.

Great to hear a confirmation on the quality of the bulb. I hope I can go today and get the bulbs.

@rk_sans : Glad to have been of some help. we can all continue to discuss to get the best out of our i10s!

@subhashnm : I am just a newbie subhash :) Gurus are blaskasta, svaid and many more.

Btw, @iPai and @rk_sans: I am planning to buy these bulbs because I'm going on a night drive to Kerala, which would mean about 5-6 continuous hours of headlight usage. Have you faced any issue with heat or anything? I know there shouldn't be any issue with wattage being the same, but just to make sure :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by subhashnm (Post 2060967)
Btw, @iPai and @rk_sans: I am planning to buy these bulbs because I'm going on a night drive to Kerala, which would mean about 5-6 continuous hours of headlight usage. Have you faced any issue with heat or anything? I know there shouldn't be any issue with wattage being the same, but just to make sure :)

If you are using the same wattage, there wont be any problems. If you go for higher rated bulbs, it will definitely heat up. I have used stock wattage bulbs, higher rated bulbs before and now am using HIDs on projectors. Felt the huge difference in all of them.