Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2010, 19:58   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Sorry on that. Yes, I know. Even OE fitted HL have the same problems. My friends Audi Q5 faced the same problem.
So did they do anything on this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
On the whole, its Mahindra which has failed, why blame Lumax.

Shoddy, Quality Control.

But, on the other hand, there are 125+ Scorpio's on T-BHP, anyone else with the same problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I will be surprised if the water ingress is from the rear. The rubber cap works quite well, and the rear end does not get that wet. The only possibility here is that the cap was put upside down. Then the drain holes will get water into the lamp. It is possible that the ingress was from elsewhere. My experience with Lumax has been excellent so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Leave it as it is. they become normal in a few days.
Breaking News:
Thanks everyone for the posts with moral support and suggestions.
Today I had taken the Scorpio to its most favourite haunt viz. the MASS. Earlier, last Saturday, I had spoken to the Service Manager who had told me to get the SUV for a check-up.
The LH headlamp and both the fog lights were replaced with brand new ones.Fog lights of the Refreshed version are not always available but today they were.
The total cost is around headlamp Rs 3655/-(single unit) and Rs 2400/- for a fog lamp pair.So the replacement was to the extent of Rs 6 K plus.
I offer my thanks and gratitude to M/s Unnati Motors, the MASS and specially to Mr T. Ravikumar, Service Manager and his junior Mr Arun who looked into the matter and sorted it out.
But I would suggest M&M to keep detailed enquiry sheets with the MASS' for such warranty period replacements, to record the comments of the owner/user and find out under what conditions of usage the thing/s went wrong. This will help them get the bull by the horn and tackle the matter for future improvements.
This is how the new ones look:
LUMAX on Scorpio:Shoddy, Poor Quality OE Headlamp and Fog Lamps On My New Scorpio!-dsc05877.jpg

LUMAX on Scorpio:Shoddy, Poor Quality OE Headlamp and Fog Lamps On My New Scorpio!-dsc05878.jpg

LUMAX on Scorpio:Shoddy, Poor Quality OE Headlamp and Fog Lamps On My New Scorpio!-dsc05879.jpg

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 10th September 2010 at 20:00.
Old 10th September 2010, 20:06   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Great. Proactive response from M&M, honouring warranty in letter and spirit.
Old 10th September 2010, 21:26   #18
Senior - BHPian

Great, happy to hear the positive response from mahindra. looks like mahindra's A.S.S is not so bad after all.
Old 11th September 2010, 22:46   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Great. Proactive response from M&M, honouring warranty in letter and spirit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Great, happy to hear the positive response from mahindra. looks like mahindra's A.S.S is not so bad after all.
Thanks! I feel that rather than perform premature cataract operation on my SUV, the eyes have been replaced!
But its again Mahindra Hamesha!!
Old 11th September 2010, 23:24   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Couldn't help laughing out loud - this evening, my Scorpio showed presence of moisture inside the headlamps and fog lamps. But the drive back home (40 minutes) with all lights on caused it to disappear. Looks like mine's due for eye surgery too! Guess I'll wait & watch the next couple of days to see if the moisture reappears.

Edit: The vehicle hasn't even been in water more than 3 inches deep.

Last edited by SS-Traveller : 11th September 2010 at 23:30.
Old 25th November 2010, 14:29   #21
BHPian

Although the topic discusses Scorpio but let me tell you my experience of my estilo which i got 3 month back. It also had fogging of headlight right side. it was small 4*3 inches and present only when it rained. i took it toMASS and they promptly offered to replace it. they have ordered it and will get it replaced on 2nd service. So i suppose the replacement is without issue if your headlight is fogging.
Old 25th November 2010, 21:16   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
...presence of moisture inside the headlamps and fog lamps. But the drive back home (40 minutes) with all lights on caused it to disappear.
No more moisture since then, all lights look and shine as good as ever, no eye surgery required yet.
Old 25th November 2010, 22:19   #23
BHPian

Lumax HL on M800

Hi, though not related to Scorpio but my post relates to Lumax HL units. I wanted to replace the HL of my M800. Went to OEM supplier and bought 2 new HL units of Lumax make. I had a tough time to select the best HL unit as most of the units which I saw were defective with their frames bent.

When I was going to fix the HL into the car, to my horror the bulb does not fit properly into the slot. I had to use a file to fix the bulb correctly to the slot. After switching on the HL, the beam was so pathetic that it illuminated like a park light. Finally I ended up replacing only one side. The other unit is kept safely in my store room only to end up at the scrapwalas hands.

- Jose.
Old 26th November 2010, 10:49   #24
BHPian

I guess most of the companies do honour their warranties,

My Safari headlamps were replaced twice even after 1 hr of ownership...in warranty

And the best part is that, with right side replaced, it looked shiny and left one was dull and on my request, they replaced both even though left one had no issues except ageing,

not only that they honoured the warranty, but they also honoured the fact that the car should not look odd and the customer's honour on the road needs to be mantained as well :-)
rajismine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2010, 13:56   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajismine View Post
My Safari headlamps were replaced twice even after 1 hr of ownership...in warranty
Wow. That's really poor quality of headlamps! And what happened the next day?
Old 2nd January 2012, 18:07   #26
BHPian

Re: LUMAX on Scorpio:Shoddy, Poor Quality OE Headlamp and Fog Lamps On My New Scorpio

I am facing a lot of problems with one of my Zen's newly bought Lumax tail lamps for my Zen.
Can somebody here please help me find IJL (India Japan Lighting) branded tail lamps in South Delhi?

My Zen originally came with this brand's tail lamp units. They were still shiny and perfectly dry inside even after being used for 10 years. However, I was forced to change a pair when one of them broke.

Any clues?
Old 25th January 2017, 19:10   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: LUMAX on Scorpio:Shoddy, Poor Quality OE Headlamp and Fog Lamps On My New Scorpio!

LUMAX woes continues.....

Recently I had to replace one of the parking lights in my 800, and the MGP store had LUMAX branded ones. Just one month later, they have dust inside.

LUMAX on Scorpio:Shoddy, Poor Quality OE Headlamp and Fog Lamps On My New Scorpio!-20170125_165415.jpg

Just to compare, have a look at the IJL headlamps which are 17 years old, and still don't have even a spec of dust.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks