Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2010, 11:55   #46
BANNED

Re: Car Fridge

@shankar.balan: if you order then also get a 1 to 2 (2-Socket Plug SZ33) or 1 to 4 adapter. I missed this one out!
Old 15th May 2011, 00:01   #47
Senior - BHPian

Finally got myself a car fridge; should help during the desert off-roading and long drives. FYI: today the mid-noon temperature here was 47 C as per the car MID!!!

Waeco ( WAECO mobile solutions )

Price paid : Dhs. 1,878.00/-

Few photos of the product.

Car Fridge-imag0245.jpg

Car Fridge-imag0246.jpg

Car Fridge-imag0247.jpg

Car Fridge-imag0248.jpg
HappyWheels is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th May 2011, 08:43   #48
NFS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Finally got myself a car fridge; should help during the desert off-roading and long drives. FYI: today the mid-noon temperature here was 47 C as per the car MID!!!

Waeco ( WAECO mobile solutions )

Price paid : Dhs. 1,878.00/-
Hey good buy there!

Do we get such products in India. This product is under warranty
"5 years warranty on the compressor motor, 3 years on everything" - from the website.

Now-a-days, India gets all China or PRC (people republic of china) made products, with absolutely NO warranty.

You take it out of the shop, warranty is Gone!

Dumping yard of cheap products in India?
Old 15th May 2011, 09:10   #49
Senior - BHPian

@Happywheels: The price mentioned on their website is nearly 1000$. Could you share from where did you get the fridge and could it cool @ freezing point?
Old 15th May 2011, 10:14   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS View Post
"5 years warranty on the compressor motor, 3 years on everything" - from the website.

Now-a-days, India gets all China or PRC (people republic of china) made products, with absolutely NO warranty.

You take it out of the shop, warranty is Gone!

Dumping yard of cheap products in India?
I doubt if you will get this make in India, but you will be able to get ARB car fridge over there.

Here (Dubai) they are giving 1 year warranty. But, with the principle having the said warranty, I think it will serve well if used within limits.

As for Chinese stuff's, true; same situation here also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
@Happywheels: The price mentioned on their website is nearly 1000$. Could you share from where did you get the fridge and could it cool @ freezing point?
The regular cost here is ~ Rs.30,000.

ACE Hardware had their 5th anniversary celebration and there was a 25% discount.

And yes, it will does go below freezing point; they had a unit on demo showcasing the exact feature.
HappyWheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th May 2011, 12:31   #51
Senior - BHPian

Waeco products are sold in India by Tropicool Car gadgets Pvt Ltd. they are based in Pune and have distributors all over the country. Products are available under the Tropicool (sub brand of Waeco) and the Waeco brand itself. Distributors | Tropicool

I picked up Tropicool model 12A (works on 230Vac and 12V DC) and a Waeco Bordbar TB15 (12V DC only) from their Bombay distributor a fortnight ago for 10K each. The higher models from the Waeco range too are available, however the price ranges from 40K onwards. Per my usage experience over the last 15 days which included two round trips of 300+ kms, the 12A is better suited for our climate as one can pre cool the fridge by plugging it indoors prior to the trip and then continue in the vehicle on 12V DC. The TB15 works too but more as a box to maintain the already cold bottles at a pleasant/drinkable temperature. With the 12A one is able to select the temperature down to -10deg C and I was able to cool water bottles bought on the return leg from ambient temperature to "pretty cool" just a shade below 'chilled' with the thermostat setting at 5 degC. Hope this helps.
khoj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th May 2011, 09:35   #52
BANNED

I am an old timer in this game, havind had these for some 30 years (See Post #27 in this thread). I agree with @khoj that Tropicool 12A is very handy. It is also far more efficient and really chills the stuff, than my Crestline was (30 years of technology). I will be a bit reluctant about the Waeco as it has a compressor. I am not sure how will the compressor cope with the shaking (rough roads). There is a smaller model of the thermoelectric one as well, but the price is hardly Rs.1000-2000 lower.
Old 16th May 2011, 12:56   #53
Senior - BHPian

@sgiitk,

Sir, the TB15 Waeco works on the Peltier effect principle. The range starting at 40K onwards are the ones equipped with Danfoss compressors. I was told that those are capable of making ice cubes just like a fridge. The TB15 has already toppled once during hard braking, despite the seat belt holding it. Wonder how many more falls it will be able to sustain :-)

UAE seems to be the place to pick these from, the prices there are the lowest and the fact that they are on 230V, 50Hz electric supply makes it safe as in picking up models that work on AC too.
Old 16th May 2011, 14:15   #54
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS View Post
Hey good buy there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Sir, the TB15 Waeco works on the Peltier effect principle.
Do I see a contradiction here! I was in the UAE last month, one unfortunate thing is that by and large UAE warranties (even if Global) are not honoured in India. You have to make big noise before they will listen.
Old 17th May 2011, 01:42   #55
Senior - BHPian

Absolutely no contradiction sir. Same manufacturer two different series of products.

From the photos above as far as I can make out the product bought by HappyWheels is the Waeco 'Coolfreeze' CDF25 or the CF35. The Coolfreeze series are equipped with compressors. Whereas what I have is the Waeco 'Bordbar TB15' which uses the thermoelectric/Peltier system to work.
Old 1st September 2011, 09:45   #56
BANNED

TROPIcool Fridge cum Warmer - Model 12A: Excellent service

I had bought this unit last September, and was delighted with it. In the middle of August we plugged it into the mains (I normally plug it in overnight before any trip to cool it down) and in the morning it was dead, no display. On my return I contacted Tropicool by e-mail with the problem. I also suggested if it is Ok with then then under their guidance we can open it up, try and identify the culprit and then we can either mail the module back or they can ship me the offending component. There are issues of Octroi in Maharashtra and Form 31/32 in UP. We naturally have the expertise in IITK.

They called me back and readily agreed. They put their technical man on the line and he gave me information about how to open the box and also identified a component which he suspected. So we opened the unit (superb quality of construction, the electronics will do professional equipment proud). Sure enough it was THE component which had gone bust. They then couriered the component to me (with a small jar containing the heat sink compound, and a spare mounting tab, very professional). We replaced the component (uprated from what was there) and I am back in business.

Such service is rare in our country. All kudos to them.
sgiitk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th March 2012, 13:13   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
TROPIcool Fridge cum Warmer - Model 12A: Excellent service
What's the update on this product? Any issues now since the past one year?

What's the cost of this?
Old 19th March 2012, 16:45   #58
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post

What's the cost of this?
None whatsoever. I think it cost me about 9k, but cannot be too sure. Maybe I am 1k off in either direction.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2012, 21:58   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post

What's the cost of this?

Got the Tropicool 12A for Rs. 7300 from Reliance autozone. They have some discount tie-up with snapdeal.
kamal.sn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th March 2012, 13:28   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamal.sn View Post
Got the Tropicool 12A for Rs. 7300 from Reliance autozone. They have some discount tie-up with snapdeal.

I checked with the Auth. Dealer for Tropicool (Chennai) and he Quoted the below prices.

Tropicool 12A MRP Rs. 11,350.00 (Inclusive of 14.5% V A T)
Tropicool CT 07 MRP Rs. 5,181.00 (Incl. 14.5% V A T)
Tropicool RVP 1B MRP Rs. 1,438.00 (incl 14.5% VAT )

Looks like a huge price difference. Do you know if the reliance autozone offer is India Wide?

Last edited by Funda : 30th March 2012 at 13:29. Reason: Formatting Tags appeared which made it difficult to read

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks