Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2010, 18:57   #16
BHPian

guys i remember i saw a coke can shaped fridge in sprocket (kormangla) not sure about the price and that was really long back. They might take order if someone is interested
Old 30th March 2010, 21:32   #17
BHPian

Any car Fridge retailers in Mumbai?
Old 30th March 2010, 22:44   #18
BHPian

Looks like someone wants to have a car-o-bar
But seriously installing a fridge will compromise seating/luggage area in a regular sedan. I personally feel that the only Indian car capable of having a fridge is the Innova. Try ebay, they have all sorts of stuff available!
Old 22nd April 2010, 00:11   #19
Senior - BHPian

I am on lookout for a car fridge. what is the smallest size available. I have to fit it in the boot of my Lancer as there isn't any space inside; unless I remove cnetre console box and put this in its place.

Also, we have a farm house up country. We have electricity there but no fridge. Can this car fridge be removed and be plugged into AC outlet.

I want only fridge and no heater. 4 degree c is enough. Any suggestions please? Does it put any extra load on alternator/battery?
Old 22nd April 2010, 00:21   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pragya View Post
I have recently installed a can cooler of Tropicool.
and it works great, rather awsome.
the colloing is too good, now i am thinking of installing a car fridge.
If anyone needs more info let me know.
Details please. Where is this available and is this fridge capable of running on AC and can it make ice? Price too and the contact details of the retailer.
Old 22nd April 2010, 00:35   #21
BHPian

I am using the car firdge shown here Tropicool
brought it for 8k i guess from their dealer in mumbai, a year back. I have seen the same in Inorbit mall in Vashi (the car shop near benetton).
Quite usefull, in car as well as outside.
Old 22nd April 2010, 00:39   #22
BANNED

1. Chillers | Tropicool

2. Deep Freezers | Tropicool

3. Distributors | Tropicool
Old 22nd April 2010, 14:40   #23
Senior - BHPian

@khoj: there is one around 12K which can make ICE, others do not make ice just sort fo regulate the temperature and are avilable for around 6K to 8K. However if you ahve someone coming from Dubai ask him to pick one up from there as they are retailed for around 2K over there. Most of them can be run on both AC/DC.
Old 22nd April 2010, 16:19   #24
Senior - BHPian

@wanderernomad,
At that price differential it is worth making a day trip to Dubai on Air Arabia 10K return and 2K for the ice maker.

But for now let me have the model number and/or the contact details of the shop where it is available.
Old 23rd April 2010, 22:05   #25
Senior - BHPian

@Khoj: Check out Indiatimes shopping in Car accessories. they have a few listings there.I am trying to locate one number I had written someplace of the wholesale distributor that I had come across once.
Old 20th July 2010, 11:18   #26
Senior - BHPian

The other day saw one7 ltrs fridge at Chroma for around Rs3700 or so. It can be mounted between the front seats and has two cup holders on the front end to hold what you chill.
Old 20th July 2010, 12:21   #27
BANNED

I have had a Thermoelectric Car Fridge for over 25 years, so should have some idea and experience. These cool down to about 20C below ambient. The cooling capacity is quite small so the main purpose is to keep cold stuff cold. I have one of the large ones (Crestline, German). Draws about 4A from the lighter socket. We normally put in fruit juice, lassi, Coffee tetra-packs along with sandwiches and sometimes water bottles, and place it in the rear seat. Also, sometimes we put one or two ice packs inside as well. Has worked very nicely for all these years.

The new ones have a built in mains adapter, which mine requires an external pack for mains. I am thinking of buying a new one, simple because the efficiency of the thermoelectric systems must have improved over the years.

You get units which use a compressor. The reliability may be suspect, but you may even get ice here.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2010, 23:55   #28
BHPian

nice to have a cooled glove box in i20!
Old 21st July 2010, 12:56   #29
Senior - BHPian

@sgitk: Yeah mine has a AC adapter built in. The efficiency is good and I dont have to place any ice packs either and it is a boon on hot afternoon drives.
Johnn: Yes it is but it has only limited use not the kind of versatility that is there with a car thermoelectric fridge.
Old 21st July 2010, 23:22   #30
BHPian

car fridge

I have a car fridge in my Tuc, works well, cost me 4.5 k in chandigarh. keeps the chilled stuff cool, does not produce ice cubes though. the tucson has a lighter point in the boot so suits me fine. it came with an AC cord as well (saved me during waka waka) and has heat function as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Car Fridge-img_2006.jpg  

rohitgaur is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed