Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2007, 22:00   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by compenn View Post
@Anhuman

1. In post 7 you said only damage could be valves. Are those easily replcaebale. Cost?

2. When do you get the CNG refilled. When it comes to red LED. Does red LED also blink like the green LEDs? (i'm new to CNG)

3.Did you get the Lamda and timing advanccer installed or just the kit?
I've heard there is a "millenium" system(Lambda+advancer). Any info?
Replacing the Valves mean the head job can be done at A.S.S,costs vary for different cars,for accent it is around 8000bucks depending on the damage,but the damage occurs after more than a lakh kilometers.

Yes the LED show the amount of gas in the cylinder.

Lambda and Timing advancer are to be fitted additionally they are not part of kit,but beware misconnection may damage the ECU.
Old 29th June 2007, 15:32   #17
BHPian

Very good Description anshuman, can you throw some light on Timing advancer and Lamda, I have fixed a Sequential CNG kit with a gas ECU and injectors on palio 1.6, I wanted to fix a Advanced timing processor, how far will it help me regain my 100 Horses.

To add there is a jerking problem, its kind of missing, it think i have to change an ignition coil, and plugs, Is there any way that highperfomance ignition coil, cables from MSD and iridiums or nicklle plugs add perfomace?
Old 29th June 2007, 21:04   #18
BHPian

Sequential Injection type of CNG kit is the BEST available I wonder where did u bought that bcoz if u use that alongwith the Lambda sensor you can optimize the Performance as per ur needs
Old 29th June 2007, 23:56   #19
BHPian

i have landi renzo lpg kit in my baleno but the mileage i am gettin is not more than 6km even after frequent visits to the tuning guy . so for me its was not worth it even after paying 20 k for the installation in mumbai
Old 30th June 2007, 00:57   #20
BHPian

CNG kits in Hyderabad

Hi , Naveen K.K i am interested in the sequential CNG kit for my ford Flair,can u suggest where this is available in hyderabad and what are the costs involved.Thanks
Old 30th June 2007, 21:05   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek_rait View Post
i have landi renzo lpg kit in my baleno but the mileage i am gettin is not more than 6km even after frequent visits to the tuning guy . so for me its was not worth it even after paying 20 k for the installation in mumbai

Abhishek Lpg kit is NOT for getting extra mileage from ur car but its nearly half the cost of petrol but performance vise its similar so its worth it. but dont expect LPG kits to give kind of mileage like CNG kits which is usually averages above 15 or more no matter which car but it lack the grunt of petrol or lpg but it can definitely be tuned

any new buyer be sure to only BUY Sequential Injection System based CNG kit only as it assures u get best performance from ur CNG kit
Old 1st July 2007, 03:07   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Updates

Since the installation ive come a long way,

The car was jerky and unresponsive so i did the coil and plug wires replaced now the funny idle with A/C on has been sorted out.

For anybody who has a LPG or CNG kit in his car please check the spark plug gap as most installers reduce them tooo much now that makes the car knock too much and as a result knock sensor kicks in wasting a lot of petrol.Changing the gap to normal helped me a lot now the car is quite more rsponsive and revs when i want her to but still miss the LPG grunt.

I am thinking of getting timing advancer for the kit anybody who has experience with timing advancer on CNG please share the experience with me.Does it help?
Old 2nd July 2007, 18:20   #23
BHPian

Advancer is the only thing which increase performance in CNG, its best way, it will increase the timing of sparks, which intern improves the performance too, i doesnt know much about it, but one of my pal did it in his palio 1.6 and he claims better power than petrol, or can be equalant, and it will behave same in ptrol as it used to.
Old 11th July 2007, 23:38   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Since the installation ive come a long way,

The car was jerky and unresponsive so i did the coil and plug wires replaced now the funny idle with A/C on has been sorted out.

For anybody who has a LPG or CNG kit in his car please check the spark plug gap as most installers reduce them tooo much now that makes the car knock too much and as a result knock sensor kicks in wasting a lot of petrol.Changing the gap to normal helped me a lot now the car is quite more rsponsive and revs when i want her to but still miss the LPG grunt.

I am thinking of getting timing advancer for the kit anybody who has experience with timing advancer on CNG please share the experience with me.Does it help?
ya anshuman TAP is must for any cng car. it is more beneficial than even lambda system. it will just change ur car in drastic way. you will feel like u r driving your old lpg converted car. go for it its worth spending money for it.
Old 17th July 2007, 00:02   #25
BHPian

Accent LPG

Hi guys,
i own a 1999 hyundai accent(Yeah one of the first ones), the car has been behaving flawlessly!. When it touched 55K i got a new sales job which gets me to travel around 300 Km per week and frequent trips to pune etc...i had an LPG kit fit in Mumbai. Since then the car has been performing so well and has been saving me a lot of money!. It takes ages to fine tune an LPG powered car, however a couple of days ago i had my ignition leads replaced so all the misfiring and embarassing noises have stopped now. The car also feels quite peppy. However one fact that must be accepted is basically that there will be some niggling problems and u'll have to visit the LPG guy once a month atleast. I can live with that coz it costs me Rs 3 per Km in horrible bombay traffic. What is wierd though is my highway figures between petrol and LPG are the same, but in the city the LPG figures are lower. Anyone have an explaination for this?
Cheers
Old 6th August 2007, 21:27   #26
BHPian

hi
can i put LPG in my dad's corolla? one year old out of warranty.thanks inadvance
Old 30th September 2007, 16:49   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutmello View Post
hi
can i put LPG in my dad's corolla? one year old out of warranty.thanks inadvance
Yes you can,please go in for the closed loop system and get it installed by some experienced installer.
Old 30th September 2007, 17:12   #28
Senior - BHPian

Nutmello, I would suggest U get the sequential injection LPG kit ala Cedia LPG.
Old 30th September 2007, 22:34   #29
Senior - BHPian

hey anshuman.. nice write up, good info...but I have one question ,it's always said that there is a drop in mileage of about 10% on LPG as compared petrol, but you say that you had an increase of about 1km or 2 km per liter of LPG as compared to 7kmpl on petrol how is this, you had a drop 2km on highway ,12 as compared to 14?????????
could any one explain this , I am confused. also using FFE and FF air filter give you an increase in power you say, that I understand, did you have sequential injection?
please let me know...
Old 2nd October 2007, 21:02   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinar View Post
hey anshuman.. nice write up, good info...but I have one question ,it's always said that there is a drop in mileage of about 10% on LPG as compared petrol, but you say that you had an increase of about 1km or 2 km per liter of LPG as compared to 7kmpl on petrol how is this, you had a drop 2km on highway ,12 as compared to 14?????????
could any one explain this , I am confused. also using FFE and FF air filter give you an increase in power you say, that I understand, did you have sequential injection?
please let me know...
1.yes,there is a 10% drop in mileage with lpg compared to petrol but these figures are for hard driving,these are the real figures i observed i dont know why there was a drop on highway.
2.no,i did not have sequential injection in my car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks