Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2010, 22:44   #61
Senior - BHPian

MODS please move my query to appropriate thread, if posted in the wrong thread:

Can we use CNG in a Diesel powered car like TATA SAFARI?? or the entire switch over from diesel to CNG is required.
Old 11th September 2010, 00:05   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kri$hna View Post
of LPG kits in my palio & now Baleno (sequential kit). This guy is really amazing and the amount of knowledge he has is tremendous on this subject. He can guide you pretty well & i am sure you ll be a happy customer. You can mention my name or team-bhp itself to him.
has he done one with good results for Hyundai 1.2 Kappa?
Old 11th September 2010, 00:16   #63
BHPian

I have lpg kit fitted in my ikon 1.3. it runs well in lpg mode. But i have issues running with petrol and had to go to the workshop for couple of times. The car runs fine on lpg and when it is switched to petrol, then it will misfire and die. Have cleaned the tank twice and changed the fuel pump once and now it runs only in petrol due to minimal usage. I think an experienced lpg mechanic can resolve these issues.
Old 14th September 2010, 06:04   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
since you are in bangalore, i suggest you visit Mr. Pandian, in HSR layout.
Directory listing is there to help you out. I have availed his services for tuning & fitment of LPG kits in my palio & now Baleno (sequential kit). This guy is really amazing and the amount of knowledge he has is tremendous on this subject. He can guide you pretty well & i am sure you ll be a happy customer. You can mention my name or team-bhp itself to him.

I am going to put up a detailed driving experience of sequential kit soon.
Hi, can you post a picture of your baleno engine bay with the sequential kit. do you need tune up even after having a sequential kit. are you using common rail injectors or individual injector for cng?
Old 14th September 2010, 19:03   #65
BHPian

Quote:
since you are in bangalore, i suggest you visit Mr. Pandian, in HSR layout.
Directory listing is there to help you out. I have availed his services for tuning & fitment of LPG kits in my palio & now Baleno (sequential kit). This guy is really amazing and the amount of knowledge he has is tremendous on this subject. He can guide you pretty well & i am sure you ll be a happy customer. You can mention my name or team-bhp itself to him.

For fiesta, i suggest you go in for an LPG fitment that is sequential kit. This is a little expensive (around 45k) but worth every penny! I am using the same kit in my baleno, i am able to extract 11kmpl in city with a/c, beat that ! There is very little change in drive characteristics from petrol, and with proper tuning, he can get the vehicle as close as possible to petrol performance. On a recent trip to yelagiri, i have done 160kmph driving on LPG and it still returned me 10kmpl.

I am going to put up a detailed driving experience of sequential kit soon.
Thanks mayankk and kri$hna for the responses.

I drive ~1000km per month and have occasional long trips to Kerala (650km one way).

yes, I could see that not many people really venture into fitting LPG Kit to Ford cars. Also read the bad experience after doing it on a Ford Ikon.

@Kri$hna - Thanks for the contact details of Peekayam Gas Works; will verify with them for any possible success with this.
Old 15th September 2010, 09:57   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
MODS please move my query to appropriate thread, if posted in the wrong thread:

Can we use CNG in a Diesel powered car like TATA SAFARI?? or the entire switch over from diesel to CNG is required.
I dont think thats a feasible option.
you'll be stuck with CNG only, me thinks.
and i presume a lot of work on the block itself
Old 29th October 2010, 21:07   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
I just got the Sequential system installed on my Civic by Navnil AutoGas a couple days back. Works like charm. Negligible power loss issues and the car runs on CNG runs @ 1.5 to 1.6 Rs./Km which is great for driving around in the city
Hello..9thsphinx
I own a 2007 Honda Civic and it has only clocked 25000Kms so far.. The only reason I don't use it is because of its FE. I get only 9 Kmpl on an average. It just eats money out of my wallet. I just can't afford it anymore at this stage.

Lately I was planning on selling the car but the asking price is so low that I may get a heart attack . Then I taught about installing a Sequential LPG Kit. But didn't know what the result would be. Your message seemed like a river flowing in the middle of a ever dry dessert.

I am from Coimbatore and I know a person who is very experienced in LPG kit fitting(they are into this for a decade or more i guess).This guy uses BRC Kits and is very good at fine tuning.

I would really appreciate if you could provide me more elaborate details with pictures like :
i) What Kit have you installed
ii) Have you got it endorsed @ the RTO
iii) What is the combined Avg FE you get
iv) How much did it cost for the Kit,Installation and Endorsement
v) Any other technical info that may be useful
and most importantly could u please post pictures of the kit,tank and the fuel filling point.

Additional Info: I own a Chevy Spark with factory fitted LPG kit and have been using it for more than a year now. So I am used to driving a LPG car and have no issues at all. In fact I feel the car does better on LPG(I think the spark has a BRC Sequential LPG Kit Installed).

Also while browsing thru the BRC website I found 2 kind of kits..
1)SEQUENT PLUG & DRIVE system and
2)SEQUENT DIRECT INJECTION system
Could someone kindly tell the difference between the two and which is the better of the 2.

Please help regarding this, fellow bhpians. No place else to go.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid..typing..like..this. Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Depl SDI TA01Z032_1 IT.pdf (426.9 KB, 1152 views)
File Type: pdf TA01Z043I_P&D_EN2.pdf (1.04 MB, 1252 views)

Last edited by Amartya : 31st October 2010 at 22:55. Reason: Corrected "quoted" post, and edited out "dotty" parts.
Old 29th October 2010, 23:27   #68
BHPian

Planning to put LPG kit in Indica xeta. Any advise on what kit to install and where to get in install in chennai?
Went to lovato gas agency in koyambedu and they told me they will not install for Tata and Ford vehicles as they got lots of complaints which are difficult to solve.
Old 30th October 2010, 11:09   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock18 View Post
Planning to put LPG kit in Indica xeta. Any advise on what kit to install and where to get in install in chennai?
Went to lovato gas agency in koyambedu and they told me they will not install for Tata and Ford vehicles as they got lots of complaints which are difficult to solve.
I've used 2 years and around 25,000 kms on LPG in my Xeta, before selling it. I was using a normal lambda based system. From my experience of putting lambda based LPG on Xeta, yes it creates some issues. Especially niggles like misfires and occasional back fires. I've never ever faced any issues with ECU or any sort of electronics related to it. SI kits are the ones recommended for Xeta. They almost completely eradicates the chance of misfires and backfires. There are friends of me using sequential injection kits (same ones which are coming on LPG Xeta) on their Xetas without issues for the past couple of years. My advice would be to go for a SI kit which doesn't mess up with the current ECU and has an ECU of its own for LPG. Keep going, it will save you a hell lot of money if you're travelling a lot.

Last edited by bhp_maniac : 30th October 2010 at 11:10. Reason: to add some more clarification
Old 30th October 2010, 16:07   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
I've used 2 years and around 25,000 kms on LPG in my Xeta, before selling it. I was using a normal lambda based system. From my experience of putting lambda based LPG on Xeta, yes it creates some issues. Especially niggles like misfires and occasional back fires. I've never ever faced any issues with ECU or any sort of electronics related to it. SI kits are the ones recommended for Xeta. They almost completely eradicates the chance of misfires and backfires. There are friends of me using sequential injection kits (same ones which are coming on LPG Xeta) on their Xetas without issues for the past couple of years. My advice would be to go for a SI kit which doesn't mess up with the current ECU and has an ECU of its own for LPG. Keep going, it will save you a hell lot of money if you're travelling a lot.
Thanks buddy. Where to get the SI kits in chennai and how much does it cost? Will the concorde motors do it?
Old 31st October 2010, 10:13   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock18 View Post
Thanks buddy. Where to get the SI kits in chennai and how much does it cost? Will the concorde motors do it?
Don't know he details of retro fitters in Chennai, as I am from Kerala. Concorde will not do it, you need to find a good retro fitter and get it done from there. I believe, LPG Xetas comes with a Lovato SI (Sequential Injection) kit. Ask for the same make from outside. Price, well it differs from shop to shop and model to model. A wild guess will be that it will be in the range of 30-35K now. When I asked for it a couple years before, I was quoted 38K here in Kerala. Keep going
Old 17th November 2011, 05:50   #72
Senior - BHPian

Re: My experiments with LPG and CNG

Posting in this old thread as it has the right set of users to answer the query.

How does the economy works out today (Nov 2011) as far as petrol/lpg/cng prices are concerned especially in bangalore.

Does CNG still offer 1.5-2 Rs per Km economy?
How is CNG/LPG availability in Bangalore?
Old 2nd February 2012, 17:28   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Posting in this old thread as it has the right set of users to answer the query.

How does the economy works out today (Nov 2011) as far as petrol/lpg/cng prices are concerned especially in bangalore.

I am not a big fan of LPG.Reason? It gives too little economy for a 'non negligible' power loss. Also, unlike CNG, LPG is also linked to petrol prices, which makes its prone to steep rises.

CNG on the other hand saps your car of 'some' power but keeps bank balance in check much better. It is available@ 32 Rs/kg. One kg is almost 1.4 lt for CNG. In practice, a CNG conversion should give you less than Rs 2/km running on a big car like Civic.

An LPG may give you close to Rs 5/lit running cost as opposed to Rs 6.5-7 for petrol. All in all, I think if one really want to save money, go for CNG conversion. No point in going the LPG way. Better run your car on petrol instead.

BTW, is this query for you or somebody else? And no, CNG is not available in Bangalore.
Abhi_Automobile is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2012, 21:11   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Before going in for CNG please check if you are mentally prepared to visit the fuel station every day, and here in NCR the queue is kilometres long at times. If you can live with limited range(150-200kms), the hassle of waiting in queues and the power loss, nothing including Diesel can match the savings of CNG.

Last edited by .anshuman : 3rd February 2012 at 00:25.
.anshuman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2012, 15:41   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post

Dear Mayank,

I have been searching all over internet for availability of CNG in Bangalore.
What i could get is that CNG is expected to come there in 2013.
Can you kindly confirm if CNG is already available there?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks