Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2012, 02:01   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car Maintenance Kit - Times of India

Last Year, I got this El-Cheapo Vacuum Cleaner with the 1 year subscription of Top Gear Magazine (TOI is a distributor of Top Gear Magazine). The subscription costed Rs.600 for one year (i.e. 12 copies with MRP.100 each) and free Vacuum Cleaner. I tried to use it but the motor just turns on but it doesnt suck any dirt, not even a tiny bit. Absolutely Rubbish. I cannot complain as I got it free with anyways 50% off on subscription but I certainly will not buy anything similar without a demo...

In between, the Vacuum Cleaner was earlier being given in some offer to HSBC or was it HDFC bank customers. How do I know it, thats because the logo of the bank was removed of the product, but it left its mark and the logo of Top Gear was added to the product..

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 16th February 2012 at 02:04.
Old 16th February 2012, 10:43   #32
SAS
BHPian

Don't buy it. It is nothing but a rip off. The so called "car vaccum cleaners" are pretty much useless. If you want a good car vaccum cleaner, stick to black & decker or Coido. Rest is rubbish. also don't buy this in a bundle, else you would end up buying useless things which you would probably never use. Stick to the original jack in your car, it is the most reliable one and like they say, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. The toolkit is also useless. I had the same thing and the quality was horrible.

All in all, don't buy it. The product is useless and the seller (TOI) is a sham.
Old 16th February 2012, 11:41   #33
BHPian

I've burnt my fingers through some of TOIs offers.However am ok with the Car care kits on sale at rediffshopping. Am using a vacuum cleaner (though not a great one)which can atleast suck the sand particles off our shoes and the biscuit pieces that my children flood my car with. There is also a Coido Car Polisher 12V-Waxing&Polishing, Magic Windshield Wonder Car Window Cleaner,Combo Of Car Seat NeckRest Set+DVD which are good and are doing a decent job while being used frequently. The windshiled cleaner is really handy while reaching the edges of the windshield from the cabin and the extra lengthy handle is quite advantageous.The car polisher alone requires being used when the car's engine is live as it needs more power. I tried using it once without turning the ignition on and it drained the battery. For more suction and a really clean interior, I tust the Eureka Frobes vacuum cleaner though its more cumbersome with added wires and extension boxes from the house till the parking space.

Last edited by JEHU : 16th February 2012 at 11:44. Reason: Had to add one more line to this post.Sorry there was a spelling mistake too. I was careless MOD Team.Sorry again
JEHU is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2012, 11:30   #34
BHPian

As many of the others have mentioned, don't go for the TOI offer - they will take ages to deliver and most of the stuff is useless anyway.

I've been using a Black & Decker 12V vacuum cleaner for over 2 years now - no problems at all.

Click here to see the one I have

Other stuff you should buy separately also - like the compressor

The dent and scratch removers don't work - don't waste your money.
Old 17th February 2012, 16:07   #35
Senior - BHPian

I am a little lucky to be living in a small society of just 12 apartments. There is a plug available on the ground floor where I park my car. I just carry my Skill Blower and Home Vacuum (It is more a car vacuum cleaner) that works only off the mains. I will surely have to buy one of those 12volt units if I have to move out of this apartment.

It is not worth risking, buying those cheap chinese products from India Times.

You now get car vacuum cleaners made by Eureka Forbes, Black and Decker and Philips. I'd put my money of these for a well designed and safe product.
Old 9th March 2012, 12:37   #36
BHPian

Re: Hydraulic Jack, 12V Compressor, Tool Kit & Tubeless Tyre Puncture Repair Kit @ 23

I recently got a emergency punture repair kit for my car just as a backup plan for long trips as i get nightmares of getting a flat tyre on highway.

The Kit is called CARE PSK it comes with a 3in1 digital compressor with safety emergency light and an Tyre sealent bottle. The whole package is from "OKO", supposedly the best tyre care company of UK. The whole kit comes in a neat zip bag.

The quality of the kit is excellent, much better than the TOI ads, till date i've used it only for topping up tyre pressure in my car and kids bicycle and football, (Roads in gujarat are great, so no punctures as yet), but i know that the pucture care is in my boot to be used anytime, so no more nightmares!!

If further details are needed do let me know. will take some pics and post them here shortly.
sunnyside is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2012, 22:15   #37
BHPian

Do post the details of the kit. It should help many readers.
Old 12th March 2012, 16:53   #38
BHPian

Re: Hydraulic Jack, 12V Compressor, Tool Kit & Tubeless Tyre Puncture Repair Kit @ 23

Sorry for the delay, attaching herewith the Kit pictures, the whole kit comes in a canvas bag, and can be run through the cigarette lighter socket in the car, the wiring is long enough to reach all four tyres and it neatly goes inside the compressor( so no loose wires) even the air hose goes inside the compressor.

Compressor is a digital one you can set the desired air pressure (e.g.. 33) and on reaching the limit the compressor automatically shuts off.

The kit lies in the boot of my linea secured by the Velcro strap provided by fiat.

I'm very happy with the kit, its my second after market accessory purchase for the car the other one was a Nilfisk pressure washer.

The cost of the kit was in the range of 3200
Attached Thumbnails
Hydraulic Jack, 12V Compressor, Tool Kit & Tubeless Tyre Puncture Repair Kit @ 2300Rs-dsc02277.jpg  

Hydraulic Jack, 12V Compressor, Tool Kit & Tubeless Tyre Puncture Repair Kit @ 2300Rs-dsc02282.jpg  

Hydraulic Jack, 12V Compressor, Tool Kit & Tubeless Tyre Puncture Repair Kit @ 2300Rs-dsc02297.jpg  

Hydraulic Jack, 12V Compressor, Tool Kit & Tubeless Tyre Puncture Repair Kit @ 2300Rs-dsc02315.jpg  

Hydraulic Jack, 12V Compressor, Tool Kit & Tubeless Tyre Puncture Repair Kit @ 2300Rs-dsc02334.jpg  

sunnyside is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2012, 17:48   #39
BHPian

The kit is now avaible from www.rajyogi.in
sunnyside is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2012, 19:21   #40

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is! I have seen plenty of bad reviews of indiatimes for having ripped off customers with discontinued/substandard stuff so beware. Unfortunately in India only a few online shops are worthy of being trusted. Flipkart is one of them but it does not have any of these Chinese stuff, only branded ones. Don't tell me that I work for flipkart
Old 12th May 2012, 22:05   #41
BHPian

For a Jack the motorized scissor jack is the best option as it will never fail once it is raised and it can also be manually operated in case of motor failure or failure of the power outlet or so on. So far as the compressor is concerned I am currently using a chinese made compressor for the past three or more years which is going good till now. However the slime brand is the best available in the market though it comes at a premium pricing.
patil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2012, 01:08   #42
BHPian

Delighted to find this thread here. Have been looking for some information on jacks and air pumps for quite sometime without any luck. Stay away from TOI online purchases. Know of a case where a BlackBerry was bought and conked after 3-4 months of moderate usage.
Old 19th July 2012, 19:50   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyside View Post
Quote:
The kit is now avaible from Rajyogi Care Solutions
^^Did you get yours from this website? Or from a different source? They seem to be charging about 4200/- for the same now. Is the kit worth it?

Found a similar looking product here. Just the tyre inflator. Priced @ 3200/- Not sure about the reputation of this website though.

Your suggestions?
Old 18th September 2012, 13:16   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry for the delay, attaching herewith the Kit pictures, the whole kit comes in a canvas bag, and can be run through the cigarette lighter socket in the car, the wiring is long enough to reach all four tyres and it neatly goes inside the compressor( so no loose wires) even the air hose goes inside the compressor.

Compressor is a digital one you can set the desired air pressure (e.g.. 33) and on reaching the limit the compressor automatically shuts off.

The kit lies in the boot of my linea secured by the Velcro strap provided by fiat.

I'm very happy with the kit, its my second after market accessory purchase for the car the other one was a Nilfisk pressure washer.

Hey, i was looking out for a Tyre Compressor kit is Care PSK kit worth the value? is it still doing its duty? currently it is priced at Rs. 4200/- at www.rajyogi.in
Old 30th November 2012, 23:55   #45
BHPian

Hi all, yes the kit is still doing duty, but in gujarat the roads are so good that the only time I have used it is to inflate my kids toys (the jumping ball, football etc..)

But the kit is worth every penny, it's like taking an insurance! Peace of mind.

moreover rajyogi care solutions is a great company with great support, if you need contact details of the co.pls do let me know.

Most Viewed