Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2007, 09:20   #121

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

whats funny and sad about this thread is that,even though the title says "dyno facility in bombay",more number of posts were on salaried men/kids/parents money/redlining/not redlining on streets.
can we please leave the morals and ethics out of the picture because every body has their own dirty laundry.and for those who are posting their own opinions should not "quote somebody else's post and then reply",because then it doesn't remain an opinion anymore but becomes more of a debate and judgment.
can we please have some numbers from the dynos???
Old 1st October 2007, 18:46   #122

Anybody offering a Dyno Facility would be wise to advertise the following.
Without doing this its hard to rope in customers.

a. What Make of Dyno. i.e. I work on a Land & Sea twin roller chassis dyno. Which uses Dynomax 2000 s/w.

b. What software is being used. What are the basic settings your using.

c. What level of smoothing are you using. i.e. measuring 15 BHP engines with 5 BHP smoothing is a joke. i.e. I use zero smoothing.

d. What level of repeatability can you garuntee. i.e. if two runs where done on the same car with no changes what variations can you garuntee. i.e. I can garuntee under 2% between runs (Season and climate should not matter cause your weather station is taking care of that righ).

c. The Dynojet Dynos typically show 30% over normal. Simplly because when it was being designed the first bike they put on it. Was a V-Max. And Yamaha had advertised the power output to be 130 BHP. WHere as the Dyno Max only showed 90 BHP. So the output was bumped up.

If you read the small print. Manufacturers say there can be 15-30% variation in power output.

Do you seriously think people would post up Dyno Results for various hop up products. ???

Sorry that market is too well protected to let anybody upset the apple cart.

Inertia Dynos are cheap. But its hard to get any kind of repeatable results.
You need a steady state dyno for that.

And as to how you verify the reults. There are centers in the US that will certify and stamp your Toque Gauge. This certification holds good for 6 months. This is what I did i.e. send my Torque / Strain gauge to L&S for calibration and certification. This way I know nobody can argue with the numbers.
With other Dynos its best used as a comparative tool.

any body who invests in a dyno should be commended.
We could have 2000 Dynos in India and they still wouldn't be enough.
So good job Karan and from one Enthusiast to another thank you.

Ps: I dont see any basics like a cooling tower to ensure stable coolant Temps. During the run. Dont see an exhaust extraction system ? Just a wild guess here. But I think youd be having issues repeating runs. And controlling variations between runs.

You should post up scans of various runs you've done like we don on my forum. It will only help generate interest and pull in more customers.
Old 1st October 2007, 20:44   #123
Senior - BHPian

Wow Chinoy! This kind of knowledge was needed here.
Most of us were not aware of the 'complexities' of dyno measurements.
I'm glad you happened to come along. Will keep things a lot more orderly.
I, for one, am going into strictly 'learning mode'.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks