Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2010, 13:59   #1
BHPian

My Pocket Rocket

No, I did not buy a Getz CRDi, Its niether pocket nor a rocket

I always wanted to have a small sleeper kind of a car at home, which at will could give some of the big cars a run for its money, the smile on your face and the state of shock on the other guys face is always a moment I love to see and enjoy, but sadly I am not only born in the wrong country but also the wrong part of it.

Delhi has very very famous and world-class tuners. The achievements of Mr Navit Basin are very famous on this forum, I have gone to tuners who have sold customers Exreddy clutches by painting the OEM clutch pink, or Eibach springs but cutting the OEM springs short and painting them red.

Seeing all this always kept me away from this side of the world, I never wanted a thing like that happen to me or my car, since its hard earned money and cars are something I respect the upmost. SO this DREAM was left as a DREAM only.

Cut back to a day when I got a ride in a red E-Zen, a 1.3 carb tuned and setup by Phil running the tunning house called Speed-Sport. That changed everything for me, It was fast reliable and did scare and shock some big cars on the road.

Good three four meetings with Phil, negotiations thoughts what to do what not to do, I finally zeroed on making a E-Zen for myself. E-Zens have been very famous down south, seen loads of them perform very well at Speedruns etc, so this was the perfect start for me.

Went out bought a car and started to work on that. Initially got the simple esteem 1.3 MPFi engine into the car, wired everything fixed and got it running. Some pictures of that.
Attached Thumbnails
My Pocket Rocket-010820101450.jpg  

My Pocket Rocket-010820101451.jpg  

My Pocket Rocket-010820101452.jpg  

My Pocket Rocket-010820101453.jpg  

My Pocket Rocket-010820101454.jpg  

sam_786 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2010, 14:16   #2
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on getting the setup .

Hows the mileage and handling after this ? .
Engine how much ?
Total cost and other costs ?

Tyres and alloys details please .

It would have looked good ,if the exhaust was flush fit with bumper .
Old 21st September 2010, 14:38   #3
BHPian

Mods

So the basic engine is in and running. Its already fast compared to the normal zen I was driving for a day or two. But it was still not enough, I wanted more so modding this engine began. Started with the basic filter and a complete FFE installed with headers tuned and designed by phil himself. Result faster more torque free flow engine but then again not enough.

what went in after that was a CAM and an Race dynamics ECU to control it, This is when everything changed, we had a drag racing event coming up in Delhi, happened on 19th Sep, called the Redline, Phil tuned by ECU for that, the Cam kicking in at 4000RPM was almost like a turbo, pushed back into your seat and the way the speed climbed after that were insane. Never seen anything like that before.

The figures, How fast is it?? Well check the video, Drag with a stock vRS, now I guess everything on-board here knows the specs of a stock RS, I went almost 3 car lengths ahead of it at the finish. See and decide for yourself. Still loads of stuff left to do on it, I plan to do in stages, for now this is enough for the competition I have here.

Attached Thumbnails
My Pocket Rocket-62887_10150275303050438_693875437_14776472_191752_n.jpg  

My Pocket Rocket-60009_10150274953985438_693875437_14765967_2216670_n.jpg  

Old 21st September 2010, 14:53   #4
BHPian

hey sam, neat jobbie, could you share the costs and tuner contact details please?
Old 21st September 2010, 14:58   #5
BHPian

Congrats for your dream ride.
Is these tyres are best for such engine specs??
How is the handling / breaking etc...?

I wish, there is some car tuner in pune (Like SPEED SPORT). Pune is way behind in this aspect.
Old 21st September 2010, 15:08   #6
BHPian

Holy smokes! You literally pwned the vRS guy. Its a clear example of how power to weight ratio matters. Taking nothing away from your driving skills. Respect!

I always wanted a Zen. I ended up with the Estilo. :|

EDIT: I love the sticker you put up. 'Can't keep up?'

Last edited by Cartman : 21st September 2010 at 15:09.
Old 21st September 2010, 15:13   #7
Senior - BHPian

Have seen this car personally at the tuner and i must say the workman ship is good from what i saw.

Shady's Shawty on Fire!
Old 21st September 2010, 15:20   #8
BHPian

Hey Sam,

Thats a pretty neat ride. Could you share the details of the tyres and alloys? I am guessing they are 13's. What model alloys are those? I have been trying to find the same set for mine for sometime but couldn't find them.

Nithin
Old 21st September 2010, 16:25   #9
BHPian

Sam, thats an awesome ride that you have got there. I cant imagine the look on the guy driving the vRS. Can you post some pictures of the engine bay after the FFE addition. Do you have a tacho connected to the engine? More pictures and info on future plans is much appreciated.
Old 21st September 2010, 21:25   #10
Senior - BHPian

Hey that was "nice". Had it not been for my back, I'd surely have had a turbo charged B-Zen. "kehne mein kya jaata hai"

I love the signature "Speedsport exhaust" out of the bumper, now that is out of the box thinking !!

Cheerio
Old 21st September 2010, 21:57   #11
Senior - BHPian

Nice mod. But, a question creeps in my mind; Why ZEN only? I mean, Is this mod particular for only Zen or Petrol powered cars? Could'nt this be done to a Diesel car? Ofcourse, that would need a different planning, set-up and design.
Old 21st September 2010, 22:04   #12
BHPian

Hahaha...that vRS guy is my senior in college
Old 21st September 2010, 22:53   #13
BHPian

Wow Sam!! Awesome is a word that you left far behind. Do post some pictures of the Engine Bay.
Old 21st September 2010, 23:02   #14
Senior - BHPian

COngrats Sam, The car is a rocket indeed
Old 21st September 2010, 23:04   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Congrats on getting the setup .

Hows the mileage and handling after this ? .
Engine how much ?
Total cost and other costs ?

Tyres and alloys details please .

It would have looked good ,if the exhaust was flush fit with bumper .
Well, The car is running Koni Adjustable Yellow shocks in the front and stiffened shocks at the rear. Handling is good, after all its setup by a rally driver.

Tires :- yokohama 175/60/13 A539, the only other option apart from Bridgestone GIII.

Alloys :- Sourced from B.K Tires Lajpat Nagar, costed me 11k for a set of 4.

I am still to check the FE, never got on the economy mode, feel like driving this car fast only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by howler View Post
hey sam, neat jobbie, could you share the costs and tuner contact details please?
Cost needs to worked, even I have not added up, Contact Phil @ Speedsport. Website :- // Speed Sport . Automotive Engineering Solutions . New Delhi . India //

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALINGA View Post
Congrats for your dream ride.
Is these tyres are best for such engine specs??
How is the handling / breaking etc...?

I wish, there is some car tuner in pune (Like SPEED SPORT). Pune is way behind in this aspect.
Like I said, running Koni suspension, Brakes have been upgraded too, running Esteem brakes on this, so that department is catered to well here. Tuner believes in having adequate handling and stopping power before strapping on a bigger engine. Mumbai isnt far off from Pune, you have reputed tuners dere, why not try them??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
Holy smokes! You literally pwned the vRS guy. Its a clear example of how power to weight ratio matters. Taking nothing away from your driving skills. Respect!

I always wanted a Zen. I ended up with the Estilo. :|

EDIT: I love the sticker you put up. 'Can't keep up?'
Thanks, Power to weight ratio is the only department the zen simply wins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Have seen this car personally at the tuner and i must say the workman ship is good from what i saw.

Shady's Shawty on Fire!
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nithin_86 View Post
Hey Sam,

Thats a pretty neat ride. Could you share the details of the tyres and alloys? I am guessing they are 13's. What model alloys are those? I have been trying to find the same set for mine for sometime but couldn't find them.

Nithin
Easily available at B.K Tires in Lajpat Nagar, infact me and noidaboy both sourced out rims and tires from him only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElantraGT View Post
Sam, thats an awesome ride that you have got there. I cant imagine the look on the guy driving the vRS. Can you post some pictures of the engine bay after the FFE addition. Do you have a tacho connected to the engine? More pictures and info on future plans is much appreciated.
Yes, I have a tacho. A 5" Autometer tacho with external shift light. Will most more pictures. Hang on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Hey that was "nice". Had it not been for my back, I'd surely have had a turbo charged B-Zen. "kehne mein kya jaata hai"

I love the signature "Speedsport exhaust" out of the bumper, now that is out of the box thinking !!

Cheerio
Phil's idea, I simply loved the sticker and could not resist putting it on. Turbo charge?? hmmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
Nice mod. But, a question creeps in my mind; Why ZEN only? I mean, Is this mod particular for only Zen or Petrol powered cars? Could'nt this be done to a Diesel car? Ofcourse, that would need a different planning, set-up and design.
Simple, Easy to source, cheap parts and being light, Power to weight ratio is very good. Different cars need a different approach angles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak01 View Post
Hahaha...that vRS guy is my senior in college
Say my regards to him. I hope to see him at the next drag event also, I hope he still has the RS with him

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks