Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2010, 22:48   #16
BHPian

Last friday, I couldn't believe my eyes when an elderly gentleman pulled up at Nitin Automobiles for some mark1 Ambassador spares and the owner promptly handed over those exotic stuff.
Car Automobiles, though they have most spares, charge more.
Old 8th October 2010, 23:24   #17
BHPian

I wouldn't quite agree to not getting ICE installed at JC road actually
I got pioneer speakers for the front(later upgraded to polk) not components, just normal door speakers, and JBL 6x9 co axials, i got them on 2007, i upgraded my ice to an amp and woofer(the upgraded part is from a cousin) but till date, touchwood, absolutely no problem, and if at all there is any problem, that guy is most helpful to get it solved!
Old 9th October 2010, 15:08   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Well, family lives in Gurgaon and I recently came to Bangalore. Hence, got the car along.
And just coz you've asked : NEVER transport your car if you shift; drive down! Whoever you transport it through, something is bound to go wrong.
I got my Alto transported in June from Gurgaon to Bangalore by truck. When it was delivered I spent 20 minutes looking for atleast one new scratch, but alas I couldn't find a single one!
Foxbat is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2010, 17:36   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat View Post
I got my Alto transported in June from Gurgaon to Bangalore by truck. When it was delivered I spent 20 minutes looking for atleast one new scratch, but alas I couldn't find a single one!
clearly, murphys law dint apply to you!
Old 9th March 2011, 02:06   #20
BHPian

re: Auto shops on JC Road, Bangalore!

Got my mirror fixed at J.C. road. Damage Rs. 306.
Old 9th March 2011, 10:59   #21
BHPian

Those small plastic clips on the Esteem (glass guide or whatever its called and the rectangular strips just above the rear windshield)..searched everywhere including MASS. Finally got the entire set of those tit-bits from a small shop in JC road for a fraction of the price I expected.

Similarly, no dealer nor any of those ASCs had the Palio's fuel lid striker. Finally, got it from Car automobiles, JC road.
I was surprised to bump into a small shop, where he had monograms, emblems, OE stickers (AC refrigerant, emission standards, Ampere rated fuse stickers and what not..) and every goddamn plastic part of almost every vehicle on the Indian roads. I got the rectangular Jeep monogram (MM540) and the Safari's AC vents and other interior parts from him.
Old 9th March 2011, 19:28   #22
BHPian

Would anybody here know someone on JC road who does body work? ie tinkering and painting for small dents here and there?
Old 9th March 2011, 20:06   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghav.carfreak View Post
Would anybody here know someone on JC road who does body work? ie tinkering and painting for small dents here and there?
There is one such fellow in the first parallel lane in the left side of the JC road. Park your car at the Corporation Pay-Park and search in this lane. I used his service, and felt is very good and VFM.

Remember, don't keep any valuable inside the vehicle.

Thanks
Rajesh
Old 9th March 2011, 20:18   #24
BHPian

Even I've heard of this guy, Give the car in the morning, collect it in the evening(I have no idea how he tinkers, paints and returns the car in a day!)
any details about him? Name?
Old 9th March 2011, 20:31   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeshK View Post
There is one such fellow in the first parallel lane in the left side of the JC road. Park your car at the Corporation Pay-Park and search in this lane. I used his service, and felt is very good and VFM.
That first parallel lane is full of these tinkerers and painters, towards the end.
But, I guess you will have to be present there from the very beginning to the end. JC road is not the best place to leave your vehicle un-attended.
jeeva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2011, 23:21   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghav.carfreak View Post
Even I've heard of this guy, Give the car in the morning, collect it in the evening(I have no idea how he tinkers, paints and returns the car in a day!)
any details about him? Name?

He really does that! I wanted a friends ANHC door to be tinkered and painted. Took it there on a saturday morning by 10 am and got 1 door tinkered and all 4 doors painted by 2 pm.

He is known around by the name "Kaveri painter" and his number is 9886497263. Be sure to haggle the price!
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2011, 15:57   #27
Team-BHP Support

Any particular shop in JC Rd where I can get 1 (just 1 : left rear) mud-flap for my Corsa?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
He really does that! I wanted a friends ANHC door to be tinkered and painted. Took it there on a saturday morning by 10 am and got 1 door tinkered and all 4 doors painted by 2 pm.

He is known around by the name "Kaveri painter" and his number is 9886497263. Be sure to haggle the price!
Does he paintless dent repair too? My car has a tiny dimple on the panel above the front right tyre. How much would he charge and how much will be appropriate?
Old 10th March 2011, 16:47   #28
BANNED

Quote:
Any particular shop in JC Rd where I can get 1 (just 1 : left rear) mud-flap for my Corsa?
I couldn't find a mudflap for my Gypsy last week. Ended up buying that cheap looking sparco brand then decided never to use it on my car after unpacking it.

--R
Old 10th March 2011, 21:07   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Does he paintless dent repair too? My car has a tiny dimple on the panel above the front right tyre. How much would he charge and how much will be appropriate?
No No. I don't think he does a paintless dent repair on metal. For your dent, I am sure he would suggest that the whole panel be painted and may quote 1 or 2k (not sure on this)

There will be many vagabonds loitering around. Don't ask them anything, they are big cheats.

There is one old man called Noor. He is a genuine fellow. Ask him for mud flaps. or try Car automobiles.
Old 17th May 2015, 08:09   #30
BHPian

Hi,

Can anyone recommend an excellent car audio mechanic in JC road, I need to get a USB added to my HU which does have a AUx button, but no Aux port nor USB.
Regards
Shailesh

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks