Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2018, 19:46   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Auto shops on JC Road, Bangalore!

An old thread, but I am sure not much has changed at the auto accessories shops on JC road. One can lose count of the number of shops there, and the competition amongst them is strong. But they all do their business, and there seems no dearth of people going there. I am not sure if people just go there because they dont have have preferred places. or they go there with reference. Either way, all one has to do is pass by slowly in the area, and you will have people (from the shops) jumping in front of your car to try sell you stuff. The car can be old, too. But new cars even just passing through have a tough time there. Persuasive lot.

These days I only go there for Devraj / Nagraj ( seat cover work). I have stopped going there after getting conned on some Sony speakers long back ( even though I went with reference). The only other time I went there was for the crash guard for my Sumo, back in 2005.

So it happened that I had to go to the area for some accessories. Specifically for a roof-top luggage carrier and crash guard for a Trax Toofan for my cousin. We had a reference, but even as we crossed Lal bagh main gate towards Minerva, the shop guys started rushing one after the other. We were forced to slow for each person, and we had to keep shouting NO NO to each shop guy. Finally made it to Minerva and turned into JC Road for the shop in question. More (other) shops there, and these people started rushing in, as expected. Rather than wait for them to come, each time we spotted one - I stretch my hand out of the window with a thumbs-down sign. They got the message, and passage was easier.

---

At the shop itself, though the guy had initially ( on phone) said he had the stuff, he did not have what we wanted. Asked around, but no luck.

The visit itself was not in vain as we got the steering wheel wrapped in leather, by Nagraj.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2023, 09:43   #32
BHPian

Bumping this thread up again. I want to get a dual channel dashcam installed(With internal wiring) I was looking for some reliable auto accessories guy but unable to shortlist anyone. These days the fake reviews are way too many number(Most of the reviews have a similar pattern of sentences etc). Any pointers will be helpful.

PS: I did use DDPAI but their app is hopeless for iOS and did a DIY installation, I am hardly able to connect to it and the wiring is not that great.
Old 10th February 2024, 22:16   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
He really does that! I wanted a friends ANHC door to be tinkered and painted. Took it there on a saturday morning by 10 am and got 1 door tinkered and all 4 doors painted by 2 pm.

He is known around by the name "Kaveri painter" and his number is 9886497263. Be sure to haggle the price!
Bumping the thread again. Quality of work? On a rating of 1 to 5?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks